Nightmares

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Gillette made a good dream thread, so I'm making a nightmares one!

I have nightmares often, usually embarassing situations. This past week I've had the following nightmares: (short versions)

One: I was at a party with free sandwiches. I was starving and started munching down on one. Somebody comes in the room and says "Hey, where's mine?" and proceeds to go around the room asking everyone to show their sandwich. The guy gets to me and goes "HEY! That's mine." then announces "Heather's eating my sandwich." Everyone looked at me all accusingly. :( I woke up feeling really bad.

Two: I was pissing in public, in a fucking parkinglot. Some children walked by and saw me and I could NOT stop pissing. It was making a noise like..a pipe broke. I squeezed as hard as I could and was able to get it to a dribble and ran like hell to my car. Then I got pulled over and the police accused me of being drunk. lmao...fucking horrible. I woke up gasping for air. So horrible. :(

I guess the above dream has to do with my DWI interfering with my ability to work with kids in the state of Texas. The pee has to do with my probation or something...lol

Three: I couldn't stop grinding my teeth and all my teeth were falling out. I couldn't help but grind. The teeth all had roots though, so I figured the dentist could put them back in. The problem is that they kept growing back and then falling out again, so I had several of the same kind. I was walking around looking for my mother to take me to the dentist, carrying a handful of bloody teeth, face just covered in drool and blood.

The last one, the teeth dream, is a nightmare I've had over and over since I was a child.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Heather LouAnna said:
Gillette made a good dream thread, so I'm making a nightmares one!

I have nightmares often, usually embarassing situations. This past week I've had the following nightmares: (short versions)

One: I was at a party with free sandwiches. I was starving and started munching down on one. Somebody comes in the room and says "Hey, where's mine?" and proceeds to go around the room asking everyone to show their sandwich. The guy gets to me and goes "HEY! That's mine." then announces "Heather's eating my sandwich." Everyone looked at me all accusingly. :( I woke up feeling really bad.

Two: I was pissing in public, in a fucking parkinglot. Some children walked by and saw me and I could NOT stop pissing. It was making a noise like..a pipe broke. I squeezed as hard as I could and was able to get it to a dribble and ran like hell to my car. Then I got pulled over and the police accused me of being drunk. lmao...fucking horrible. I woke up gasping for air. So horrible. :(

I guess the above dream has to do with my DWI interfering with my ability to work with kids in the state of Texas. The pee has to do with my probation or something...lol

Three: I couldn't stop grinding my teeth and all my teeth were falling out. I couldn't help but grind. The teeth all had roots though, so I figured the dentist could put them back in. The problem is that they kept growing back and then falling out again, so I had several of the same kind. I was walking around looking for my mother to take me to the dentist, carrying a handful of bloody teeth, face just covered in drool and blood.

The last one, the teeth dream, is a nightmare I've had over and over since I was a child.

Hey Heather....great thread....nasty dreams!!! Mine when that are bad tend to involve the west Irish coastline (looks like) and big car ferrys...sounds pretty gorgeous...(which the irish coastline is), but man, they are always terrifying....maybe it has something to do with two men swinging me over the edge of a ferry on the rough Irish Sea when I was 4 years old.....1, 2, 3....eeek! That was horrific in my memory....

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no one nightmare recurs, but the same thing happens when I have them.
When the time comes to run for my life it feels like my legs are made of lead and I'm walking under water. Everything just goes sloooow mooootion.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm... Nightmares are considered by many professionals to be abnormal, frequent nightmares especially so. Perhaps you should try to eliminate some sources of stress in your life Heather, and maybe take up a martial art. Kung Fu wears me the fuck out, and puts me at peace as well. Tai chi evolved from a form of kung fu, and is very relaxing once you learn some of it. Some forms of yoga also are relaxing, and come with other amazing health benefits. Eat well, take your vitamins, don't do drugs (this includes weed and cigarettes), excercise, eliminate as much stress as possible, and if you're an angry sort, try out some anger management techniques. Try it for six weeks, (which is long wnough for a thing to become a habit) and see if you have any improvement. You do not need to suffer from nightmares like this. Three in a week is deplorable, you poor girl.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This week I met my probation officer for the first time and I'm starting my new job at Dell on Monday...I took two urinalyses this week for each of those. Also, my master is in town for the weekend for his S&M classes. Busy busy. You should see my face! I'm fucking breaking out too...

lol I'm under a lot of stress. It'll all be better come Tuesday.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have two kinds of nightmares. In one, I usually am in a crowd that moves, sometimes through a staircase, sometimes on a viewpoint, and at some moment I lift off and sail over them, down the flight of stairs, or over the safety balustrade, into nothing. Usually I am shaken violently then, and wake up.

The other kind of dream always places me in huge, left buildings, industrial mostly. I'm always completely alone in those, though there usually are remenants of people having been there just shortly before, like steaming coffee cups, or elevators opening without me having ordered them to do so. These dreams don't wake me up, but usually remain on my mind very detailled for all of the next day, and weeks.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
The other kind of dream always places me in huge, left buildings, industrial mostly. I'm always completely alone in those, though there usually are remenants of people having been there just shortly before, like steaming coffee cups, or elevators opening without me having ordered them to do so. These dreams don't wake me up, but usually remain on my mind very detailled for all of the next day, and weeks.

:( That's fucking scary...lol

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
eddyabs said:
Hey Heather....great thread....nasty dreams!!! Mine when that are bad tend to involve the west Irish coastline (looks like) and big car ferrys...sounds pretty gorgeous...(which the irish coastline is), but man, they are always terrifying....maybe it has something to do with two men swinging me over the edge of a ferry on the rough Irish Sea when I was 4 years old.....1, 2, 3....eeek! That was horrific in my memory....

Ferries have always really really freaked me out. I guess it's because I saw the movie Elizabeth Clabourne (It's a Stephen King novel) when I was younger and the scene where the father is making his daughter touch him on the ferry really freaked me out.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
*sigh*

1) Okay, I've had this reoccurring nightmare since I was seven-years-old. I'm always sitting in the living room, by the window, in my old house. The window is always half-way opened, a chilly breeze is sweeping back and forth and, more importantly, it's pitch black outside.

So there I am, sitting and watching television ... and it's one of the dreams where you can see yourself. Then, from the corner of my eye, I see a huge hand creep in from the outside, via the window, and just before I can run it grabs me and, try as I might, I simply can't not break free. This is when I can no longer see myself, but I'm apart of the action. Eventually, it pulls me out the window and into the night.

2) Second nightmare. In this dream, I'm running with my brother ... we're running from these wolf-like animals. I've always have the impression that not only are we running from these "wolves", but we're running to save more of our family members from them too.

Anyway, while we are running - and the beasts are rapidly gaining on us - my brother looks over at me with a horribly evil grin, grabs my shoulder and pushes me back toward the animals. They pounce and then I wake-up.

I know it's only a nightmare and such, but it's so scary and real to me that it sometimes make me second-guess my brother. I know, it's stupid.
:rolleyes:

I've had this dream for a while, too.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't dream or have nightmares anymore. I had a few that I was dead/had been killed. ie I remember one I was in like a camp of some sort with tents/wig wams. A witch stirring a couldron who was really ugly and twisted put some sort of spell on me. I ran out of the camp screaming and collapsed in the forest and as I looked up the witch was standing over me...

But like I say, that was YEARS ago. Perhaps eight or more (at least). I stopped ages ago for some reason.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mine invariably center (nearly nightly) about being left in a foreign land with no means of accessing the people I love.

They're a tremendous annoyance to my life in fact.

Je n'aime pas les cauchemars du tout.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GoneA said:
2) Second nightmare. In this dream, I'm running with my brother ... we're running from these wolf-like animals. I've always have the impression that not only are we running from these "wolves", but we're running to save more of our family members from them too.

Anyway, while we are running - and the beasts are rapidly gaining on us - my brother looks over at me with a horribly evil grin, grabs my shoulder and pushes me back toward the animals. They pounce and then I wake-up.

I've had one similar to that too. My best friend and myself are running through a forest at night, its pitch black and there's a full moon and we are being chased by werewolves. We keep running and I can't remember if we stop and he turns into a werewolf (with silver fur but that could just be the moonlight) or if we both turn into werewolves...strange.

I think it was something to do with puberty, at least in my case. I was only around 9 or 10 at the time.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Wonderboy said:
I've had one similar to that too. My best friend and myself are running through a forest at night, its pitch black and there's a full moon and we are being chased by werewolves. We keep running and I can't remember if we stop and he turns into a werewolf (with silver fur but that could just be the moonlight) or if we both turn into werewolves...strange.

I think it was something to do with puberty, at least in my case. I was only around 9 or 10 at the time.

Yeah, man, they're horrible. I don't have it a lot anymore, but I still do occasionally.

LongPhatDong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This one's a bizzare one...

I remember a specific dream from when I was a child. In this nightmare, I'm running through a residential area (mostly cul de sacs) in the middle of the night. It's nearly pitch black. I'm so terrified that I can't remember what I was running from, so I look back. When I look back, I see the Count from Sesame Street, but he's not just a puppet like on the show. He's vividly real, but has a shadowy, ephemeral look to him. As though I can see him moving before he moves, so it becomes blurred. I now remember why I am running: he's vicously killing people and feeding upon them. When I look back, he notices me, drops his most recent kill and starts chasing me at a phenominal pace. My running leads me to a trailer park, and I run into one of the trailers. I slam the door behind me, and hope that the old 'rule' that a vampire can't enter a house he's not invited into applies here. After waiting for a while, I glance outside the window to see if I he's still waiting for me. The coast looks clear, but it has now started to torrentially rain. Afraid that the rain may flood me out or knock the trailer open, I decide to make a run for it. I burst out the door and start running. At this point, I realize that it is raining frogs, and I can feel their squishy, amphibious bodies being crushed under my feet. I look back again and there's the Count leaping at me with bloody hands and teeth pointed at me. And then I woke up.

I realize that this dream may not sound scary (maybe even downright silly), but I was about 6 or 7 years old when I had it. The thing that made it so scary at the time was how incredibly real it seemed. I've never had a dream as vivid since then, which is probably why I still remember it to this day.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heather LouAnna said:
ClaireTalon said:

:( That's fucking scary...lol

The problem is, nobody knows what this kind of dream means. So, if anybody has a take on it, I'd be very grateful.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I usually don't remember a whole lot of detail about most of my dreams or nightmares for more than a few minutes, but a few have really stuck with me.

The earliest one I remember was taking a walk with my Mom and my brother, enjoying the beautiful day... and suddenly a wolf is chasing us, and he looks very hungry. We all run, Mom tells us to take a shortcut home through the neighbor's hedge, so we do, but she gets stuck in the shrubs. That's about when I wake up.

The second one, for whatever reason, some bad guys were hunting me, down in a <coal?> mine. The tunnels branched off here and there, and there was a track on the floor. One of the guys finds me, points a gun right up to my face, and shoots.

After my Mom died, I had many good dreams and quite a few nightmares about her. Those lasted about 2 years, and have mostly tapered off.

Currently, most of my bad dreams are stress dreams, and most have something to do with me being back in the military. Even in the dream, I'm thinking "how did I get back in the marine corps? I must have been nuts to re-enlist at my age...." then everyone is getting ready for a uniform inspection and I can't find my uniforms, or we are getting ready to deploy and I can't find my rifle, or something like that.

Wanna hear something funny? My man had a dream a couple of years ago, and dreamed I was doing something that really pissed him off. He woke up mad at me (even though he realized it was a dream) it was so intense he was grouchy at me for a couple of days.