Nightmares

hotguy8884

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have another superpower too, shopping :)

Keep it up Rob, I found it very easy to learn to do and very rewarding. I think it's interesting that you mention your recurring nightmare and how it made you feel better about it in real life, I think something similar might help DF.

Thanks SP. It hasn't been working out so far, considering that I told myself to dream about this guy again, and ended up dreaming about myself as a character in Mario Party. It was a waste of 8 hours of my life.

Rob <3

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had nightmares a lot where I used to live. They were recurring nightmares, but about different things. Some were about things that had actually happened to me, but different in the nightmare than when it had happened, and others were about things like someone being after me trying to kill me, or the one where I suddenly realize I'm naked in public, or in completely inappropriate clothing (like wearing a nightgown in the grocery store!).

When I moved to where I live now, the nightmares for the most part stopped. I think in the nearly two years I've lived here I've had maybe 2 nightmares at most. However, when I went back home for the holidays, I had maybe 3 nightmares in 3 nights! :eek: Come back here, and haven't had a nightmare since.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends on what you consider to be a nightmare. Certain kinds of dreams are extremely common and to me they aren't nightmares, as such, but expressions of anxieties that are fairly common. Dreaming of being naked or inappropritely dressed in public is probably universal. The amount of distress associated varies between individuals. I tend to think they are funny. Dreams of falling are also quite common. In my case, they usually happen as I am "falling" asleep. Dreams of sudden danger are also very common. I rarely have nightmares but often dream of very convoluted and challenging situations. Once I dreamed of being in some post-apocalytical situation and being in possession of a large cache of medicines, mainly antibiotics. All that I remember about the dream is people coming to me seeking medicine and trying to talk with them about the probable effects. So much for the apocalypse!
There was a preliminary study a while back that suggested that democrats have more benign dreams than do republicans so dreaming content may have a lot do do with personality style and one's fundamental assessment of the world which, in general, republicans seems to see as a more dangerous place than do democrats. If anyone is actually interested in the abstract, I will try to find it.
Dave

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I taught myself to wake-up during nightmares by rapidly blinking my eyes in the dream..

I taught myself to scream during nightmares so I would wake up. Works like a charm.

I had a few recurring nightmares when I was a child but now I have only recurring elements of significance in my dreams. Water is the most common theme in my dreams. Houses are a close second.

The most amazing dream I had recently was a nightmare that turned into something positive after I forced myself to experience the very things I was frightened by. I awoke feeling like I had conquered the world.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually wake up during my nightmares of my own accord - the dreams are so intense that they wake me up.

That's kind of interesting about Democrats having more benign dreams than Republicans, but didn't apply to me... Very liberal Democrat (but surrounded by equally - or moreso! - conservative Republicans all my life) here. But then, it seems like my tendency toward nightmares depends on where I am. If I'm in Indiana (even back there visiting), I have a lot of nightmares, yet I have very, very few nightmares in Texas. I find this fact interesting, and am wondering why I would have more nightmares in one place than in another.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use to have night Terrors was I was younger. I won't even go into the shit my parents had to deal with... I scared the shit out of them on a daily bases... or I should say nightly basis.

I know people are going to laugh but when I have a reoccuring dream it usually comes true.

I've had a few scary shit happen you can NOT explain.