Nine eleven remembered

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i sat in shock, with these words rolling in my mind for the longest time ........"this can't be REAL", but watching the second plane hit the tower in real time, killed a little part of me.

ScotRandom

Cherished Member
Media
A Galaxy Far Far Away, LPSG, KIK & Fab Swingers. A
Sexuality
No Response
BBC News - 9/11: Images from New York that shocked the world

I will never forget ths day 10 years ago when I had just finished a shift at Glasgow Airport (little knowing that one day that Airport itself would become a target for extremists to try & blow apart). I stood transfixed in my living room watching the News & like so many couldn't believe it was happening. Initially I thought the tv had been left on a Movie Channel & not the BBC News Channel. When the second plane hit I realised I was not watching a movie - this was real. It hit me that this incident would alter the course of my life & everyone I knew.
The people who lost their lives that day will never be forgotten so long as each & every one of us remembers them each & every year with positivity.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My thoughts and prayers go to those who lost their lives that day and those who were left behind in their families. God Bless America.

MMT22

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have been watching the live coverage of services held at the National 9/11 Memorial in New York. It is very emotional and hard to watch since it was only open to family members of the 9/11 victims. My prayers and thoughts go out to all of the people affected by that horrible day.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
That morning 10 years ago, I watched with my colleagues as the towers crumbled. We were all in shock. At that time I worked with a financial institution and the home base was next to the twin towers. I was lost when the towers fell. We closed up shop for the day.

My personal life was at a crossroads and I was unsure what to do with my future. I had been interviewing for a position with a non-profit and had a luncheon meeting with the search committee that day.

During the meeting there were several televisions on and as we discussed the future (both mine and the agencies) the thoughts of the tragic loss was heavy on my mind and heart. Finally, the Chairman of the committee said, "We'd like to offer you the position as CEO and we want you to come work for us. Here is a letter detailing the salary and benefits."

Without hesitation, I immediately turned the letter face down on the table, looked at each member of the committee and said, "I will take the job. Watching everything unfold around me....I want to make a difference in this world, and in your non-profit, I can certainly help you." (I didn't eve look at the details until I got home.)

I was there for 7 years and throughout my time there, the agency flourished and continued to grow. I will always remember 911 and the deep loss of our nation. But also, I will remember it as a time of new beginnings.

dbjones1969

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was watching a television program this morning on the last moments of flight 11 - the flight attendants courageous final phone calls giving vital information to the ground crews as to what was happening and who was doing it.. throughout this tragedy you still hear amazing stories of the unstoppable human spirit that lives on in the memories of those lost. God Bless each and every person lost that day and all of those who left family and friends behind as well. I can't imagine a single person not touched and changed by this senseless tragedy... still hurts to see the images and brings tears to my eyes every time.