Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by CJR, Nov 24, 2007.

1. CJR

CJR
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Anyone use the Nintendo Wii? Any games that are really worth buying?

2. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

I think that the best wii game right now is super mario galaxy.I dont have a wii but this game got very high reviews. Also check the latest zelda game on the wii too.

3. Shadow69

Shadow69 Member

As a ardent Nintendo fanboy, I wholeheartedly recommend the purchase of the Wii system.

Games that I d recommend The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil 4, Super Paper Mario, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Guitar Hero 3 and Star Wars Lego.

If you want some classic gaming, I recommend purchasing credit in the Wii online shop and downloading The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past, Contra 3, Super Metroid and many of the classic Nintendo games.

If you want to see what is available, best to check out sites such as wii.ign.com, 1up.com and gamespot.com.

4. CJR

CJR
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have told my kids that I would like the Zelda game for the holidays. I did see the review for Metroid. Now, people are telling me to share a Mii. Does anyone do that here?

5. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    I got the wii for my birthday and I've been a little disappointed in it. The vast majority of games seem to be made for kids between the ages of 8 to 14.

I like the first person shooter games. So I do have Resident Evil 4. However, that game has some seriously graphic violence on it. Not that I mind, I really liked that game. I've never been a Mario fan, though.

I just got Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and the game is ok. Right now it is really pissing me off though. I'm at a super hard part that is doing nothing but frustrating me because the controls are not what I'm used to so I end up hitting the wrong button at the wrong time and end up dying all the time. The controls are still hard for me to get used to, so that's the biggerst reason for my frustration.

Overall, I'm thinking of trading it back in to get store credit and get an X-Box 360. The X-Box series has more of the games that I like, the controls are easier for me to grasp.

The whole idea of a gaming system is to sit back and relax. When you get more frustrated by a game then you get enjoyment from it, it's time to ditch it and go for what doesn't frustrate you.

6. AmyG

AmyG New Member

I love Wii!!!
    Wii Sports is really fun. My brother loves Metroid and I played it and I can actually control the gun for once! Excite Truck, Resident Evil 4, Warioware, and a butt load of other games are good too. Zelda kicks ass he says. But the best has to be Super Mario Galaxy. I am trying to beat it. I guess Mario is the best reviewed game of all time!

Also, I saw my little bro come out of the shower once and he definitly does not belong on this site! lol

7. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've played Zelda on Wii.

I liked it a whole bunch... considering I had no idea what I was doing.

I don't like people who bust on WII.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Good question! Why are these games and others so darned expensive anyway? They can't cost more than $1 to make another $1 for the packaging yet they sell for $39.99 on up! :mad: Grrr, major rip off.

9. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lmfao. Come on now nj. It's costs a whole bunch more than a dollar to make a lot of the video games that are worth buying. But I agree with you the systems themselves are over priced and so are the games.. but that's a basic lesson... supply & demand.

10. CJR

CJR
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks, if you are interested, my Wii # is 5154 2398 4094 8156

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Okay, $2. :biggrin1: I should clarify that I wasn't referring to the technology behind the game design. I mean the actual game that you put into the Wii. Those are cheap, paying game designers is VERY expensive. I used to work in the plastics industry, believe me when I tell you the outer plastic shell costs next to nothing to manufacture.

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I can't afford it right now, so I have no basis for comparison. But, it does look good.

13. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

Mario Galaxy!

and I love Warioware

14. No_Strings

Gold Member

And that's what we pay for; the whole shebang. :smile:

15. SammyPie

SammyPie New Member

OMG! I love the Wii! My boyfriend has one, Wii Sports is the best cause I can whoop his butt at tennis. :)

16. Shadow69

Shadow69 Member

I do.

You can also download a channel that lets you share and post Mii that you have created.
    Think it's called "Mii Contest" Channel and is free in the Wii shop.

Metroid is simply great and lacks the blood and gore of other such games, so good for kids to play.
    But Mario Galaxy is what you really want for kids. Especially with the two player collection option, which is a good way for kids and parents to play the game together

17. Shadow69

Shadow69 Member

You, Madam, do most certain rock. :cool::biggrin1:

18. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I had a go at tennis and Mortal Kombat, I was brilliant, but I think the fighting games would be better if there was a control you strapped to your wrist too, kicking and punching would be much more fun.

19. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

The wii is a very good console , nintendo make the best games in industry but console itself is overpriced. 250 bucks for the wii is too expensive for a console that is basically a over clock GameCube with a new controller.
    The wii should cost 150 dolars max.

20. Shadow69

Shadow69 Member

Picked up Super Mario Galaxy today.

Addictive little blighter but a damn fine game.
    Not for people who suffer motion sickness easily either, due to the unique laws of gravity each little plantiod has.

Though, all in all, a good game that looks stunning, controls well and slowly progresses in challenge as you go through it.

A true heir to Mario 64.

Draft saved Draft deleted