Nipple sensitivity and areola size

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Jovial, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    How much difference in sensitivity is there from the areola to just outside of the areola? Are very large areolae just as sensitive or are the nerve cells spread out over a large area so they are less sensitive? Are large areolae more sensitive toward the nipple? I guess some of the sensitivity comes from deeper under the skin when pressure is applied, so that would mean areola size doesn't matter.

I basically want to know how much the sensitivity decreases as you move away from the nipple, and how the areola size effects this.

I'm not sure who can answer this since women only know about their own breast sensitivity. Maybe men who have touched a lot of breasts know best.

Thanks

2. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Nipple and areole sensitivity depends very much on the time of the month.
    I also find that the bottom half of my breasts are more sensitive than the top half for some reason.

3. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I have medium sized aereolas and super sensitive nipples.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

I have large nipples and small areola. Both are sensitive but the nipples are most sensitive.

As DF20 mentioned my breasts are more tender the week before my period. They are also sensitive during ovulation but not painfully so. I am also quite horny during ovulation. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted