NJ girl, 14, arrested after posting nude pics

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

NJ girl, 14, arrested after posting nude pics

This is ridiculous! They need to come up with some sort of law that is the same in every state regarding sexting and posting of nude pics online by people under 18. Obviously we can't stop them from doing this. Sending this young bimbo to jail, fining her (or actually her parents) and tagging her as a sex offender is ludicrous. It doesn't solve the problem.

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

it would in her case

3. Bavarian

Bavarian Member

Albums:
    But due to her age, they should only be able to charge her as a minor.

Although her life is already ruined, once you're accused of child molestation, for the rest of your live, you're an Accused Child Molester, even if the charges have been froven false. The mere accusation brands you for life.

At this rate, next they'll be charging preteen kids who draw crude boobies on their notebooks in school.

4. Box_Man

Box_Man Member

Albums:
    actually, it might help a bit. it might make some parents pay attention to what their kids do(some, not a lot) and it might make some teens think twice

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Making parents pay attention by victimizing their children in this manner is not a constructive approach to the problem.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

Thank you, this is all I was trying to say. :cool:

7. Box_Man

Box_Man Member

Albums:
    the way i look at it is they shouldn't be doing it, and if there are no consequences for it, then it WON'T EVER STOP!

granted, the charges are a bit harsh, but they need to get the message accross too...

8. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

in my opinion there are more important things going on in the world than kids sexting pictures to each other... like, did anyone forget there's a fucking war and people are dying???

what i don't get is why the legal system is so obsessed with prosecuting kids, who make mistakes like these, as registered sex offenders? like njqt said, "it doesn't solve the problem." the girl's life is already ruined and to blow this situation out of proportion over one little screw up is absolutely ridiculous. people need to remember that nobody is perfect. the kid did something stupid, so what? we all do stupid stuff. but for the legal system to take this situation the wrong way and to try to throw her in jail for 17 years as punishment??? puh-lease!!! that's more like a complete waste of tax payer money. like i said before, there are more important things going on in the world than sexting a photo!!!

9. DGirl

Gold Member

That is a tough one.."
    I mean what if the boys or other girls passed her NUDES around?
    The other folks can be in huge trouble checking out a minor. She needs to be charged with something though.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

How about youthful stupidity? Cause that is what these cases amount to. For those caught sexting under the age of 18 how about you take away their drivers license for 2 years and if they have yet to obtain their drivers license then delay that for two years as well. I do not believe charging them as sex offenders is appropriate. Nor is it a sufficient deterrent as kids this young have no idea how bad such a lifetime label is.

11. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Teens, think twice? LMAO!

They respond only to peer-pressure. And sexting is apparently the latest cool thing.

Though this is different, if she posted them on MySpace. Surely MySpace has rules about explicit pics? Banning her from MySpace would be a more appropriate punishment, and one that other teens would pay more attention to.

You know, this is the same rationale that the taliban use to justify extreme punishments - flogging, amputation and stoning to death. It will stop others doing it. Law and morality enforcement by fear. It's not the best way for a society to go.

It is ridiculous and IMO morally wrong to apply laws designed to protect infants and pre-pubescents from rapacious and predatory adults to a confused teenage girl attempting to establish her identity in today's sexualised western on-line culture.

#11 MarkLondon, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  12. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I can't believe she might be charged. I mean.. charge someone who took her pictures off the net and used them, but she was just trying to get popular. Poor kid.

Fuck even I had a boobie picture of me at 16 on the net.... when I got my nipple pierced. (Doesn't exist anymore) but.. like I can see where this girl didn't think about what might have happened.

#12 B_Think_Kink, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  13. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i totally agree with you, nj! she shouldn't get a slap on the wrist and have the case dismissed. she needs to be charged with SOMETHING, but having to register as a sex offender isn't the way she should be punished.

14. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Take away her computer / and cell phone (whatever she misused) for a certain amount of time and I am sure she will think twice before doing that again. And myspace needs to kick underaged users out if they break their rules.

15. Incocknito

Gold Member

This is ridiculous. Am I a sex offender because I sent nude pictures of myself to my girlfriend(s)?

If there is no malicious intent then I don't see how the problem warrants prosecution. A lot of people like to exhibit themselves (just look in the gallery here). What the girl needs to learn is what is appropriate and what is not.

Seems to me like it could be a cry for attention though and probably affected somewhat by bad parenting.

The issue here is Myspace's protocol for dealing with underage users and adult photos. I thought all photos were checked at some point by moderators but I guess not.

16. SR_Blarney_Frank

SR_Blarney_Frank New Member

This happened in another state where a minor sent nude pics of herself via text message.

By this asinine logic, a 16 year old caught masturbating could be arrested for child sexual abuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted