NJ teens sue over 'God Bless America' ejection

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is something sinister about it. What adult would put up with having to stop by the police station every morning and publicly swear allegience to the flag?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it IS bullying if you're picking on kids for not doing it.
In that case it's also bullying, if the teacher singles him out for not doing his homework.

i know it's always been that way but it's still fricking weird from an outsiders point of view. it feels sinister to me, but that's just my opinion.
Darlin' you don't want to start the ball rolling on what we Americans think you Brits do that's weird. :no: :tongue: What's the deal with lawyers wearing 200 year old, white, curly wigs? Why does everybody complain about English plumbing? There are reports you had hot, running water indoors as far back as Charlemagne. Seems like you would have perfected that stuff by now. Need I mention the Royal Family? Last time I checked, they make no rules, nor do they have any governing power. Heck, you may as well ship them off to Balmoral and make Buckingham Palace into condos.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Need I mention the Royal Family? Last time I checked, they make no rules, nor do they have any governing power. Heck, you may as well ship them off to Balmoral and make Buckingham Palace into condos.

if we got rid of them, then what would i tourists come to see? our queen head shape card industry would be ruined....:biggrin1:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As a little Canadian starting the 3rd grade in the USA, I was taught how to say the Pledge on the first day of school. After school, my oldest brother told me it was a crock, so asked my Mum about it. She said I should stand for it, but that I didn't have to put my hand on my heart and say the words. So being a stubborn kid, I did that and I got my balls broken for it by teachers until I was in High School and we didn't do it anymore. I was teased by several teachers and of course the other kids picked up on it. Mum had to call the Principle several times about the issue. Actually, I think her biggest problem was with the "under God" part, which btw, wasn't part of the pledge until 1954.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a little Canadian starting the 3rd grade in the USA, I was taught how to say the Pledge on the first day of school. After school, my oldest brother told me it was a crock, so asked my Mum about it. She said I should stand for it, but that I didn't have to put my hand on my heart and say the words. So being a stubborn kid, I did that and I got my balls broken for it by teachers until I was in High School and we didn't do it anymore. I was teased by several teachers and of course the other kids picked up on it. Mum had to call the Principle several times about the issue. Actually, I think her biggest problem was with the "under God" part, which btw, wasn't part of the pledge until 1954.
I've long thought the "One Nation, Under God", should be removed and replaced with,"One Nation, Under Canada"...........it's a pledge and a geography lesson all in one.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've long thought the "One Nation, Under God", should be removed and replaced with,"One Nation, Under Canada"...........it's a pledge and a geography lesson all in one.
:tongue: I always told my American friends that if N America was a prison, the US would be our bitch. We're bigger and we're on top!

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh for pitys sake, it's not bullying. :irked: It's been that way for centuries. We didn't make up the rule to offend him or anybody else. The fact you don't do it in the UK or have never heard of such a thing does not make us as barbaric as Zimbabwe. :mad:

There's a hell of a difference between pulling someone up for not having done their homework and insisting that a foreign national or non-Christian swear allegiance to to the US flag and, by implication, given the wording of the pledge, the Christian god.

If you were working in a foreign country for a year and your kids were with you, would you want them to swear allegiance to that country? I don't think so.

Besides, what happened to freedom of choice?