njqt466 update

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

The Official NJQT466 Update

*Though I feel much better than I did a year ago at this time; my doctor was not comfortable releasing me to go back to work even part-time. :frown1:

*I spoke to my union representative and to Human Resources Tuesday. It was agreed that the best thing for me to do at this time would be to resign my position. So, I was allowed to resign in good standing; and I have a letter stating that from HR; which I am sure will be helpful when I seek employment in Georgia.

*It is now official, I am no longer employed by the NJ State Department of Education. :frown1:

*I went to work Wednesday and cleaned out my cubicle and say good-bye to my friends. It was quick and bittersweet. Lots of feelings and emotions as I close this chapter of my life and start another.

*To add to the excitement and stress of my life, I found out that due to some bureaucratic, red tape, mix-up my housing money has been cut drastically. Since my lease is up at the end of June I have to pack, sell, and/or give away all my belongings and move out by June 30, 2007.

*I will be moving 930 miles south to Carroll County, GA where I will be living with my parents.

*It gets better; dad will be 79 in 2 weeks and was diagnosed with Parkinson's last week. Mom (77) was kinda sketchy in the details of his current condition so I don’t know what stage he is. He looked okay at Christmas, he was just moving slowly, which I attributed to his arthritis and a myriad of last minute guests having descended on the house Christmas day.

*In a way, my not going back to work is probably a good thing. I think maybe we need to take care of each other right now.

*I fell in the shower Wednesday morning and my entire right side hurts, from shoulder to calf. When I say I fell, I mean hard! I slipped and actually fell out of the shower bringing down the shower curtain and the rod with me.

·Mostly I'm bummed about the Soprano's being over :frown1: hahaha I still have my sense of humor, but I do like the show.:smile:

In case you have forgotten, the doctor put me out due to my having Meniere's Disease.

2. snoozan

Gold Member

Good luck to you, and I agree, this may be a detour so you can help take care of your parents. I hope you get back on your feet and can get some work in Georgia when you're ready to go back to work. All this upheaval can't be easy, but you seem to be taking it in stride. You're a tough woman.

You'll have internet access when you're there, right? We'd miss you terribly if you weren't here.

3. No_Strings

Gold Member

Well, I can't turn your life around or give you any irrefutable advice, but you can have my penis to play with anytime you want. :biggrin1:

Good luck in the future, keep on trucking. :smile:

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I understand where you are coming from nqjt, I'm going through several changes in my life as well. Everything happens for a reason! Don't fight it, just go with the flow. :smile:

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I hope things will start to look up when you get back home, and refresh yourself. Maybe you need the move. Who really knows, I'm sure time will solve all things. Good luck, and you know we are here for you when you need us.

6. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow. That's a lot of change in a short amount of time, though i'm sure it's nothing you can't handle. Your parents will be so happy to have you there and, as mentioned before, it may be good for you too. Please keep us updated?

*big hug*

7. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    remember , no matter what i will always be there for you, i pray for you daily

8. Onslow

Gold Member

At least there's one good thing here.

In the words of Forest Gump--" Geemaw always said 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know when the bittersweet ones'll scratch your throat making you to gag and spit the remnants on the pages of the book you're enjoying'." (oddly these lines were cut from the film).
    I sense a new screen name. GA-QT466 perhaps.
    And still I have no idea what happened to the Russian that Paulie and Christopher left in the Pine Barrens. Further, I hope your injury didn't cause any serious damage (no broken bones).

Well now, it's a rough and sudden turn of events which you're facing--and I can't even say "You've got your health"; however, you still have your wits about you and your parents along with dozens of people bothe here and I am sure in your day to day life in Jersey and elsewhere. Hang in there and keep us informed and come here and scream and cry and stomp your feet if you need to.

9. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Though the news is bittersweet, I'm glad for the update. Hope all goes well with the move, and you new life proves fruitful.

10. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Doc took the words right out of my keystrokes. Best to you always NJ!

HUGGLES!!

Draft saved Draft deleted