NKorea to quit talks, reopen nuclear plants

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"North Korea announced on Tuesday it would quit six-nation nuclear disarmament talks and restart its atomic weapons programme in protest at the UN's condemnation of its rocket launch.

The communist nation said Security Council discussion of the launch, which it insists sent a satellite into orbit, was "an unbearable insult" to its people."

AFP.

Well, colour me surprised. :rolleyes:

Things must be even more desperate than generally believed. Tough talk, no longer even a pretence of cooperation. Chequebooks at the ready ...

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll worry about it when North Korea can actually make a missile that can at least get past the first stage of launch. :rolleyes:

We have treaties and other arrangements with South Korea and Japan (among many others). A strike at them means war for us, VB.

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good on North Korea for pursuing what they want. It's about time a country decides to say "fuck you" to the U.S and refuse to be intimidated by countries that are obviously scared shitless of its capabilities.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Good on North Korea for pursuing what they want. It's about time a country decides to say "fuck you" to the U.S and refuse to be intimidated by countries that are obviously scared shitless of its capabilities.

When you say North Korea, have you thought whom you actually mean by that?

It certainly wouldn't be the people who have lived under the most intense propaganda system I can think of for the last fifty years and more, many of whom have had to live on grass during periods of severe famine unheard of anywhere else in the region.

Furthermore, have you considered what on earth the purpose could possibly be of their programmes. IMO the division of Korea is an anachronism from a period that just doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps you have visited Korea and failed to notice the difference in lives of these divided people.

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm just pulling a Trinity and causing shit. This place gets boring with the whole anti-communist/U.S imperialist/holier-then-thou thing, so someone has to stick up for the enemies of the U.S.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just pulling a Trinity and causing shit. This place gets boring with the whole anti-communist/U.S imperialist/holier-then-thou thing, so someone has to stick up for the enemies of the U.S.

North Korea isn't just America's enemy. Kim Jong-il is fucking psychotic man, and his army is massive

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

Fair enough, but if you hang your hat on this one, you won't have any credibility anywhere else.

Also, it is patronising to the membership here if you think you will stir up some shit when being so clearly misinformed.

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
North Korea isn't just America's enemy. Kim Jong-il is fucking psychotic man, and his army is massive

He's only crazy because he's portrayed as such by western media.

Fair enough, but if you hang your hat on this one, you won't have any credibility anywhere else.

Also, it is patronising to the membership here if you think you will stir up some shit when being so clearly misinformed.

Many people who post here are ill-informed, but that doesn't stop them

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm just pulling a Trinity and causing shit.

Really, you need better role models in your life. I heard Andrew Theophanous was looking for a few. :rolleyes:

This place gets boring with the whole anti-communist/U.S imperialist/holier-then-thou thing, so someone has to stick up for the enemies of the U.S.

And if you're an example of an enemy, I hope our military sends our infantry over to deal with you. And I truly do mean, INFANT.

rheno

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is quite worrying for Seul, South Korea, they're a rock-throw away from North Korea, the capital. Literally within short range artillery range. A war and subsequent defeat of Jong-il would create a mass exodus which would sink South Korea with a mass of immigrants and poverty. As a strategic ally in the region, the US is torn between doing what they did with Iraq (fucks up SK) or doing nothing (fucks up SK and nearby nations). Both unpopular and both with the potential for massive loss of life.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
He's only crazy because he's portrayed as such by western media.

I suppose 'crazy' could be considered either a clinical term or a value judgement. But let's take a look at what he's done to his country and the standard of living of its people and value him simply by that alone, shall we?

Many people who post here are ill-informed, but that doesn't stop them

Of all the people here, you don't want to go there. Seriously. Previously proven fact.

Typical speech of an AMERICAN male.

Typical speech of...oh, this is much too easy.

You have a remarkable ability of choosing to champion the most undeserving of America's enemies.

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does australian media portray him as a saint?

Western media includes Australian media. The United States isn;t the only Western nation in the world.

And since I can't be bothered doing quotes and shit for the rest of you fine gentlemen, I shall champion who I wish. Next shall be Hugo Chavez, or some other lunatic. And I shall prepare properly for that time.

xoxoxo

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In regards to the infant thing:

The American military couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag. Let's see, lost in Korea, Vietnam, the obviously fucked up in Iraq in '91, or else they wouldn't be back there now... And they seem to be losing in Afghanistan as well. Funny that they can't beat a bunch of guerrillas.