NO. Buddy Holly Will NOT Fade Away!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my continuing efforts to sway people back to real singers and real artists mainly of the 50's I came across (shut up! :D) this article the other day. Hell he def gave Linda Ronstadt enough top ten hits w/her covers. :smile: Ahhhhhhhhh Budddddyyyy!

metro

OK I'm off to find info on Jaye P. Morgan that doesn't include the Gong Show lol!

bruce-e

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
HellskitchenmanNYC, Did you read the Buddy Holly article in the Jan 5th Rolling Stone Magazine, Bruce Springsteen is on the cover. It's well written. Bruce-e

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will check it out. I stopped reading RS and went onto more magazines like Blue Suede News because they feature artists I like but I will try to check it out. Is it still on the stands?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, although I'm more known for my indie rock, I like Buddy Holly too! :smile:

My favorite Buddy Holly song...

YouTube - Buddy Holly - Oh Boy!

Ahh you see what can happen when real talent hits the stage! You don't need 12 hip hops dancers behind you to make people forget you're lip synching. All this happened w/3 guys.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I dunno. I remember Bill Haley and Elvis during the 50's, but wiser minds directed me to study classical music which led to a love for Jazz. I think the first time I heard the Sergeant Peppers album was when CD's came out attached to giant quad systems and John Lennon was already dead. It was interesting. But one day someone during a cross-country road trip insisted upon making us all listen to a Gene Pitney album and, well . . . he was left at the next gas station. No arguments or hateful things were traded. It was just a matter of collective taste and his wasn't complementary to the rest of us.

I'm sure Buddy Holly was a very nice man. But rockabilly still remains outside of my ability to appreciate it and understand. My loss, I suppose. However, it's always good to know there is someone somewhere ardently proselytizing the talents of some dead musician.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my continuing efforts to sway people back to real singers and real artists mainly of the 50's I came across (shut up! :D) this article the other day. Hell he def gave Linda Ronstadt enough top ten hits w/her covers. :smile: Ahhhhhhhhh Budddddyyyy!

http://ny.metro.us/metro/entertainment/article/50_years_later_Holly_will_not_fade_away_/14965.html

Well done mate. That talent was well beyond the hits too.

Maybe baby you will love me so-o-omeday.

Always good to be reminded of the cornerstones. What next, you'll pull out Coleman Hawkins and Vicente Fernandez...

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
FaceKing I guess I have a deep fountain of talent to draw upon. If I can just expose ONE person to the wonders of rab then my job is done. I didn't even mention the Chop Tops, Blue Moon Boys, Two Timin' Three, Candye kane, and the myriad of other bands folded ito the rab moniker! Wether they be really jump blues, or western swing or 50's leaning, or some swing.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't forget to start here... including those half-bar jams... the Brakeman blueprinted Buddy... sho' nuff.

YouTube - Jimmie Rodgers - Blue Yodel No 1 (T For Texas)

you can fucking thank me later...

FaceKing I guess I have a deep fountain of talent to draw upon. If I can just expose ONE person to the wonders of rab then my job is done. I didn't even mention the Chop Tops, Blue Moon Boys, Two Timin' Three, Candye kane, and the myriad of other bands folded ito the rab moniker! Wether they be really jump blues, or western swing or 50's leaning, or some swing.

Ummmm........... did you say Western Swing?

Let's discuss Hank Thompson and the Brazos Valley Boys... the Port Arthur Jubileers, Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys (another fave of mine), Bill Haley and NOT the Comets, but the SADDLEMEN, and Texas Jim Lewis. I have hundreds of 78s of this shit....

Thompson/Brazos, Jim Lewis and Bob Wills are my Mount Rushmore of Western Swing collections.

Out of the LPSG mud, grows a musical lotus...

Last edited: