No call for Social Security increase in 2011

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Marius567, Oct 11, 2010.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

WASHINGTON — As if voters don't have enough to be angry about this election year, the government is expected to announce this week that more than 58 million Social Security recipients will go through another year without an increase in their monthly benefits.
    It would mark only the second year without an increase since automatic adjustments for inflation were adopted in 1975. The first year was this year.
    "If you're the ruling party, this is not the sort of thing you want to have happening two weeks before an election," said Andrew Biggs, a former deputy commissioner at the Social Security Administration and now a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

Obama has a $1.1 trillion in budget and will not help people on social security?

why should I even vote for obama?

My ex girl friend lives on social security and she lives in a trailer with no power. I help her out when I can . when she finds out about it she will be crying just like last year.

2. uc1foru

uc1foru New Member

I agree with you, but know that Republicans, if they are able, will abolish Social Security and Medicare!

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

you're so silly. Didn't you know that the big bad democrats are responsible for anything and everything wrong with this country?

oh and its all Obama's fault too. He's a muslim that hates America, therefore you should go out and vote for the republicans, who care so deeply for the average American citizen. :rolleyes:

4. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

then no one will have that Social Security and Medicare tax from there pay check anymore and have more money to spend?

5. B_New End

B_New End New Member

that's because there is no inflation....

....if you don't count food, or gasoline, or medical expenses, or insurance, or tuition, or parking fees, or utility bills, or...

Draft saved Draft deleted