No Clothes in the Hot Tub?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by NumberTwentySix, Feb 22, 2011.

1. NumberTwentySix

NumberTwentySix New Member

I recently bought a new hot tub, and I thought it might be a good opportunity to open things up within my somewhat conservative friends circle. IMO, A simple "no suits" rule would be fun and maybe a little sexy, but I'm not the sort to usually suggest such a thing, and I wonder how to bring it about without it seeming pervy or totally out of character. :rolleyes:

I'm not shy, nor are most of my friends, but nor are we a bunch of San Fransisco libertines, and nude hot-tubbing would be a first for some.. Does anyone have any thoughts on making it as fun and non-awkward as possible?

2. cupidsarrow

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    usually the ones who feel awkward will warm up to the idea, if theres already a group nude in the tub. i went to a party last summer, no one cared once they saw that others were naked too

3. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

For one thing, clothes detergent in a hot tub causes weird greasy bubbles and makes it tons more difficult to keep clean. Just mention that and like the other poster said, if they see everyone else naked it really is no big deal anymore.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Post a sign similar to this... I have this one at my pool and I've noticed that if most people are naked, others will shed their inhibitions.

Attached Files:

5. need2bsexy2

need2bsexy2 Active Member

Albums:
    We always said that hot tubs are hard on suits and suits are hard on hot tubs. Just get naked and the others will follow. I have met people for the first time and they just took off their clothes and hopped in. With everybody naked it is just more comfortable for everyone. Had one couple that kept their suits on for about 30 minutes and then took them off since they were the only ones with suits.

I always served drinks to the people in the tub by standing outside of the tub naked and that seemed to relax the more modest ones.

6. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    The whole clothes being hard on a hot tub is somewhat true. If you're pretty diligent about doing the chemicals and changing the water regularly it becomes a non-issue, but it is a great thing to tell your guest who you want to strip down.

What we've done with some of our prude-ish friends is just soak naked at night in the dark. No one can see you *and* you're naked. Gradually they'll start soaking without their clothes on with better light as the shyness wear off.

7. D_Wilburforce Throttlebottom

I have been to spa's where for what ever reason I did not have suit and used the hot tubes in the nude but that was in the men's area and it was someone of a normal situation.

I think it might be presumptuous to invite people over and then have them find out by way of a sign or perhaps worse, visually, that your have a "naked hot tub party"

I would just tell people in advance that its going to be clothing optional and let them decide, for my part I would probably not go, but thats just me and it would be better if I knew the atmosphere before arriving.

8. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    I was once invited to a friend's hot tub and when I showed up in shorts everybody was in their suits and already in the tub. When I asked if it would be okay if I wore shorts in the tub the owner's wife told me it would be okay to take off my shorts. So I got naked and got in. The owner said that he wasn't going to wear a suit if I wasn't and he tossed it out. So there we were, two naked men and three women in swimsuits. It seemed amazingly normal. We spent a while soaking, took a dip in the pool to cool off, and soaked some more. What a great night. No sex at all, by the way. Several years later I learned that one of the women regularly made party chat about the event and fancied herself an expert on the how the size of a cock changes from a warm tub to a cold pool and back. That surprised me because being in a tub full of naked people seemed normal to me, and not worth bothering anybody to talk about.

9. NumberTwentySix

NumberTwentySix New Member

Yeah, I don't want it to be a situation where anybody feels surprised. If I was at someone's house and they said "sorry, forgot to mention the no pants rule, didn't you see the sign?" I would be a little miffed. Don't get me wrong, a sign might be a good gag, but not really my preferred means of letting folks know.

10. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So what the hell is that supposed to mean?! What, do you think we all just hang out naked most of the time here? Oh, wait, I do... Ok, maybe you have a point. :tongue:
    Seriously, though, I agree that if you set an example that others will follow. I've had a hot tub for two years now and let people do as they please, though at this point almost everybody is cool soaking in the buff. I always ask people to shower first, so it's an easy transition from there to the tub I find, especially if I lead the way. If somebody wants to wear a suit, I usually mention the detergent thing, but say that if they must to feel comfortable, no problem. I've had some do that the first time, then lose the suit on the following visit. It's always been super comfortable and has never turned sexual.
    Let us know how it goes? Where are you by the way?

11. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    depends on the group and what the social rules of your friends are/have been.

I can see you freaking out a lot of your buddies, or could be rather smooth. Might want to do it "one friend at a time" because if it's been just you and one other guy, or one other girl, soon you will have the majority on your side (well I've done it before and it went ok...) and then it won't seem like such a full on bad-ass act.

12. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    My buddies did not get there all at once. I did the jacuz naked with each one separately and then we were comfortable when there was 3 and 4 people.

13. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

i agree with prettyswinggirl. Suits and shorts cause foaming from detergents. Some suits like red or blue will release dye into the water. I would casually bring up the fact that your new hot tub was a big investment and you prefer no clothes to keep it clean.

14. crmonkey

crmonkey New Member

my hot tub is nude only, no clothes no exceptions

15. LilJock

Gold Member

If there's a party involved, one way that I've seen work out successfully, is for the host to simply let everyone know that after midnight (or some other time) clothing is optional (or the pool's open for "skinny dipping.") Usually the modest ones check out before the witching hour and then the real fun begins.

Even had this occur once in a party with a lot of people from work. Real shocker to find out one of my employees, a short,geek-type, Baptist from Louisiana, would definitely qualify for the upper-upper-upper percentile here at LPSG. (Now knew why he had such a hot wife! But where'd he hide it all?) It never interfered afterwards with our work relationship, he's still a great employee, but I'll have to admit ever since I see him in a little different light!

16. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

yep i usually start mentioning adult swim after midnight, clothing optional

17. earllogjam

Gold Member

In college, on a second floor bedroom some friends of mine set up a portable kiddie swimming pool, you know the kind with the plastic liner and a corregated steel perimeter edge and filled it with hot water via garden hose from the bathroom sink. We would get in naked and get drunk on cheap beer. No one came to the house with swim trunks anyways so it was either naked or wet underwear. I guess everyone hated to wear wet underwear, thank god.

18. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Why not ease into with your group of friends? I mean, they know you bought the hot tub so in the course of your conversations ask them their opinions siting the problems you could have if people where swimsuits/clothes in the tub. Hot water and bubbles do indeed drive out whatever soap might still be in the clothes. You'll see the scum line along the sides and the filter will be affected eventually. If they know that you're considering a "naked only" hot tub rule, they won't be surprised when you invite them over. If they don't like the rule, they will graciously decline any invitation.

#18 B_thickjohnny, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  19. mattbryant84

mattbryant84 New Member

Albums:
    just make sure its not a total sausage fest.. unless thats what you or your friends would want.. i know i wouldn't "just get naked" around a bunch of guys. what's the point? if there were a couple girls, sure. even if there is no hanky panky, and its just being nude.

20. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

That's very interesting - in Britain signs on nude beaches read "Warning, past this point you may see naked people" or something similar. Much prefer your attitude to nudity!

Can't comment on hot tubs but the wife's son invited us to his place to try his new sauna with him, his gf and some friends. We went down to the cellar first while they were all still drinking, got nude and got in; they came in a while later all wearing swimming costumes! Despite being very sexually liberated, he wasn't happy being nude with his friends. We of the older generation weren't bothered at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted