No Condoms

MustBeDreaming: Ok, I know this is stupid, but I can't get this out of my head all day. Me and my girl ran out of condoms a few days ago and we haven't been having protected sex. Even though I am pull out before I cum and still stop myself from cumming, how high are the chances I could still get her pregnant. Damn this is so stupid, we shouldn't take that chance anymore, she's getting on the pill this week, it feels just too good not using a condom, plus I am big for her. Has anyone heard or gotten their mate pregnant without cumming, like is it enough just more a little drop that could of made it's way threw?
Usually I'm not nervous about it, but we did it longer with out a condom than we usually would last night.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You don't need to cum to get her pregnant. There is sperm in the precum. And those buggers will find there way up to the egg. Switch to oral or anal sex till the pill kicks in (it doesn't start working with the first pill) or go buy some condoms to hold you over. Or you can take your chances and have a baby.. It is up to you.

aussiechick63: You can actually get pregnant without penetration. As Geo said there is sperm in the male lubricant and you can transfer it just from heavy petting. It is unusual to get pregnant like this but it is possible. So if you don't want a baby either abstain or get condoms.

Donk: There is a very good chance you will get her pregnant, if you haven't already. Precum has sperm in it, plus you could easily fail to pull out in time before you actually cum. This kind of thing is exactly how unintended pregnancies happen. Seems to me that if you "ran out of condoms a few days ago" you have had plenty of time to get to a drugstore and buy some more.

You should also be aware that it takes awhile (I don't know how long) for the pill to kick in. So once she starts taking the pill, you should not assume you are home free. Her doctor should advise her on how long it takes for her to be protected.

Unless you're ready for the pitter patter of MustBeDreaming, Jr.'s little feet, you should take birth control methods or lay off the sex.

nowoonder: I know some variants of the pill don't kick in the first day, but I was under the impression that all modern ones (at least here in Europe) do.

Ist this an American-European difference, or am I completely wrong?

7x6andchg: My understanding, such as it is, of this drug is that it takes a while if she (the female in question) starts them at a time OTHER than the beginning of her menses. The idea, I believe, being that the ovum could still be in a position to receive sperm if this is done.

I could be wrong...I seem to remember that though.

7x6&C

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=thelastoneever2000 link=board=sex;num=1066713360;start=0#5 date=10/21/03 at 15:46:26]i heard somewhere that even if you cum in side there is only liek a 15% chance of getting her pregnant.  im not sure how true this is. [/quote]

Let's say that's true, thelastone. The trouble is, that 15% is random.

So, if you have intercourse with your girlfriend without protection, you aren't going to be able to do it safely 85 times without protection before that dangerous 15% kicks in.

The first time is just as likely as the last time to be one of the 15 times of 100 that will get her pregnant.

Not very good odds, eh?

Pecker

("Holy smoke!" said the monk as he watched the monestery burn down.)

GreenEyes: What most have said here is good advice. I assume you are also aware of her cycle and that there are times of the month that is more likely for her to get pregnant than others.

It sounds like you need to do some more investigation on this matter unless you do want a child.

Good luck with things.

MustBeDreaming: I have been so paranoid the last few days about this, so no more chances will I take. I'm not worried about my life if I got her pregnant, but hers, I love her very much, and would hate myself if I did. She's going to college for archetecture this winter.
Is it a week before a woman's period or a week after that the percent goes up in chances of pregnancy?

Thank you all for the advice, I hate holding all this in, and I don't want to scare my girl by talking about it, we already both know better. I feel like it is the guy that is the responsible one when it comes to the cause of pregnancy.

7x6andchg: It's the week before - the period is actually her body removing the unused uterine lining...

15% aren't good odds at all...

GreenEyes: We all need a place to vent sometimes so what better place than here.

I wish I knew the specifics sweetie but I don't. I think during ovalation is when the chances are higher for pregnancy. I also think right after the period it is less likely. Do not hold what I am saying to be fact but do some research on line. I think MayoClinic might help but who knows.

Perhaps some others can offer some suggestions. If not ask in the Woman section so more women can see and answer.

You will not know for sure until her next period and still that is not guarantee in all cases. All depends on the timing and such.

I know this might not help but worrying about it isn't going to change anything if she is. I hope she isn't for both your sakes and that you learn not to play Russian Roulet. I know I had unprotected sex with loves in the past. Realize monogomous relationships. I had some scares and even a condom can break and cause panic. I am also sure there are many out here that have had similiar experiences of worrying for a month until they found out one way or the other.

Just use your head the one on your shoulders the next time.

Again good luck and vent away sweetie if you need to.

Tender: she should read the package insert on the pills, or perhaps call her pharmacist...nurse for her dr, or see if the manufacturer has a website... then she could find out how long to take them before she is 'safe'.
when i took pills my obgyn said to take them for a full month before i would be considered 'safe'.
she should take them at the same time everyday.
also be aware that many pills can cause a drop in libido, or other side effects.
when i took pills i had severe headaches... moodiness ect...and no sex drive.
if she has any trouble with her pills, there are several different kinds she may try.
Tender

nelsondogg: Here are the actual statistics of withdrawl vs condoms from planned parenthood.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/bc/

HOW WELL WITHDRAWAL WORKS
Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant during the first year of typical use. Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, four will become pregnant during the first year of perfect use.

Effectiveness (Condoms)
Of 100 women whose partners use condoms, about 15 will become pregnant during the first year of typical use.* Only two women will become pregnant with perfect use.** More protection against pregnancy is possible if condoms are used with a spermicide foam, cream, jelly, suppository, or film.

*Typical use refers to failure rates when use is not consistent or always correct.
**Perfect use refers to failure rates for those whose use is consistent and always correct.

You basically have twice the chance of getting her pregnant with withdrawl than with condoms. I wouldn't risk it but the choice is up to you guys.

AnonyMs: Ovulation occurs about 14 days before the start of a woman's period. Since sperm can live inside the vagina for up to 3 days, and an egg can stay fertile in the fallopian tubes and vagina for up to 3 days, intercourse must be avoided for more than just the day of ovulation. To be safer, a woman should abstain from sex (or use a barrier method) 5 days before ovulation, and 5 days after. A woman must have regular periods in order to predict ovulation, and many women do not. Another major limitation is that even if periods seem regular, a one-time change in the timing of ovulation can alter the expected days of infertility. If that is so, a woman may be having unprotected sex during a time when she can become pregnant. Charting temperature when she awakens in the morning can be helpful in gauging ovulation as well as carefully observing her discharge. Many women experience a change in their normal vaginal discharge when ovulating. Some women experience minor discomfort in the area of the ovary when ovulating as the egg is released (this will switch sides every month as normally, the ovaries switch off on this duty.)
Tracking ovulation is more successful when a couple is trying to get pregnant than when they are not. If you do everything perfectly and are trying to avoid pregnancy, the failure rate is about 9% a year. For most folks, though, the failure rate is slighly over 25%.

Tender: i might add to that,
studies are now showing that it is common for many women to ovulate more than once durring a cycle.
some women ovulate very irregularly.

and many women do not know when they ovulate.
i have no clue. nothing changes for me, to know...

Tender

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
At any rate, a sure sign of maturity is being able to wait until you have a condom.

We have too damned many immature parents already.

Pecker

(Can you repeat the part after "Listen very carefully!"?)

Tender: Pecker...
repeat it? yes.

but understand any of it?...
that is the question....

wait, you mean understand what i was repeating or understand the question?....
:D
Tender

suthngigolo: dude. that's ridiculous. get your ass down to the drugstore and get some condoms. it shouldn't be that hard. :) i mean that in the nicest way...

gicast: ok, I might be repeating some of the other girls, but here's what I learned the hard way:

No two women ovulate in the same manner, Some women who are clockwork (period wise) the fertile peaks for them are 1 week before the period, or 1 week after, or midcycle (supposed to be the norm). See??

I am never clockwork, and we did the 'pull out thing' and guess what?? We got a baby girl!! Percentages are at best -GUESSTIMATES!!!!

I also tried the rhythm method of calculating when my fertile peak times were, and all I found out was that My temperature went up and down like a yo yo until I got pregnant THEN it balanced out!! ( which when I read further I found out, confirms pregnancy)

Anyway, even in the SAFE times of the month YOU AREN"T REALLY SAFE! After the first mistake (the baby) you will definately keep condoms on hand! If you need a mood breaker, buy one of those videos of births, or I'll send you mine!! (hehe) That is a great birth control method!!!! At least for us..although a bit traumatic.