No Country for Old Men ?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by transformer_99, May 10, 2009.

1. transformer_99

Gold Member

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

If I'm reading this correctly it appears they are saying he shot and buried himself. When I read stories like this I always ask the same question. "Why not just get divorced and move on with your life?"

3. speshk

speshk New Member

Am I the only one who thinks there's a growing, national mental health crisis?

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I often wonder the same. I get the feeling that tensions and frustrations are rising to something resembling an intolerable and unsustainable pitch.

Either there's more reporting and sensationalism of this kind of event or there really is more of it going on.

5. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    So many people are just crying out for mental help. Always encourage someone to seek mental help if you think he or she needs it.

People face similar but different mental health problems than 30-40 years ago. Our world is so complex with so many insecurities and fears. It can be hard to cope.

A lot of people do not believe that they can help because the average Joe sends the message that "you just need to get over it cause it's just all in your 'head' ." That mindset leads not only to deeper suffering of the mentally ill person, but also to a society more susceptible to violence.

6. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

both....look up the name mitch werbell, he was a c.i.a opperative in the 50's and off an on, he invented the m.a.c 10 and sold the whispering death silencers to the gov organization used by the second and third gunmen in texas in 1963. he came up with something called the werbell-dini in which an opperative contracted to neutralize a target, covers his tracks by completing the contract and killing some one else and pinning the murder on the orignal target, say billy's dad finds out coach lee is taking billy to his house and molesting billy. So dad hires a pro to handle it. the pro kills coach in the parking lot of the toysrus and then dresses in the coach's clothes, hat and some make up, glasses. she comes walking out of the a theatre say, and he guns her down publicly and splits, every one is looking for him in hotels or airports, not under a new parking lot or under the bottom of a casket in recently opened grave.

my guess would be the professor steped over the line with a co-ed.... might have even done some house work of his own if she treatened to talk or wouldn't get a problem fixed. its always sex when its the teacher ajudicated. but hey, i'm just a big ol red neck with too many guns

7. Roscoz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i loved the movie but man theres some scarey shit happening out there huh ?

8. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    there's no such thing:wink:

9. RamIt

RamIt Member

I think you are on to something with your latter statement. There are MILLIONS of media outlets now, so word spreads quickly. The media is constantly searching for stories and spins on stories to drum up readers and publicity. No stone is left unturned, and there is little to no accountability for content.

Side note: That movie is one of my favorites. It paints some beautiful deaths.

10. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    What, a redneck with too many guns? :biggrin1:

You made me laugh there.:wink:

11. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    no, there's no such thing as having too many guns.

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Dude, that's a lousy title! :irked: I almost didn't click on this thread because I didn't see the movie.

Agreed. However, I am skeptical that anyone can shoot and then bury themselves even if the hole is already dug. Me thinks there is a 2nd gun man. :yup:

Nope, I have been saying this for years; but nobody listens. :irked: Everytime something like this happens we find out down the road that the perpetrator had been exhibiting signs of depression for months or years. :mad: Mental health care in this country is more fucked up than Wall Street and the auto industry combined. And nobody is doing anything to change or fix it.:mad::frown1:

:261:
    I've read this 3 times and I'm still not sure I get it. :irked: I think you have been reading too many Tom Clancy novels.

On this we disagree. I think his wife was having an affair with someone in the theater group. Probably one or both of the men that were with her and whom he killed. No offense, but boys are stupid, and so y'all often 'go off' and think, 'if I can't have her nobody will.' Women do this too but usually a woman will just kill the man that cheated on her or wants to leave her. Not anybody standing nearby as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted