No Country for Old Men?

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I must be the only person who thought that the movie was rediculous.

I was sooo excited to see it that I went the day it came out and was speechless...in a bad way.

Maybe I'm one of those who just didn't get the idea of the movie. Was the movie about Josh Brolin's character, Javier Bardem or Tommy Lee Jones?

All I know is that any movie where the lead character dies thirty minutes before the movie ends is probably not a great one.

If you understood it, can someone please explain to me what I was supposed to get from the movie?

Str8guy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I thought it was very well done. I could be stretching the limits of art here,...but wasn't it also an indictment on warfare in that military men come back home to a world devoid of peace and comfort, everything they fought for, only to be privy to violent selfishness (inhumanity)?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I really want to see this movie, but like every other one I'll probably just wait 'til it comes out on DVD. I'm also excited to see it since it was filmed partly in my hometown.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I thought it was good but not great. I did not like the long lingering scene of the medication being loaded into the syringes.

The ending was dumb...(think Sopranos.)

I hate movies with pretentious titles where the title is not even mentioned in the movie. At one point they do talk about old people and how hard life is for them, but that is it.