Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Because of enlarged prostate and Problems to pee I have to take dutasteride and silodosin. No I can't get hard and can't cum. When I have an orgasm it's completely dry and it feels like nothing. I feel the orgasm coming and then..... nothing at all. No pumping no good Feeling only a weak shivering! That's horrible

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Perhaps you need to be on a higher dosage initially to shrink your prostate & then you can reduce the dosage. Definitely something you would want to discuss with your prescribing doctor. The Dr. may also have a different medicine option for you with different side effects that are less undesirable. Speak with your Dr., finding the right prescription / dosage is always arrived at by an honest two-way conversation. Good Luck.

Bernd

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps you need to be on a higher dosage initially to shrink your prostate & then you can reduce the dosage. Definitely something you would want to discuss with your prescribing doctor. The Dr. may also have a different medicine option for you with different side effects that are less undesirable. Speak with your Dr., finding the right prescription / dosage is always arrived at by an honest two-way conversation. Good Luck.

Thank you for your good answer.

Reactions: evolution

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Speak to your doctor! You are having retrograde ejaculations. You are cumming, but the goo is squirting backwards into your bladder. You need to find out if a surgical roto-rootering of your prostate might be a better solution. That's what urologists do for a living. Good luck.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I take similar meds, but they haven't interfered with erections even at my age. Orgasms are often dry (probably retrograde ejaculation), though with prolonged stimulation beforehand, I do visibly ejaculate. I have put off surgery because a certain percentage result in erectile or continence problems.

Reactions: drambone2001

Bernd

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I take similar meds, but they haven't interfered with erections even at my age. Orgasms are often dry (probably retrograde ejaculation), though with prolonged stimulation beforehand, I do visibly ejaculate. I have put off surgery because a certain percentage result in erectile or continence problems.
So maybe my erection problems are more a psychlogical problem. But dutasteride seems to destroy sexuality. Before I took it I had no problems.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They do list ED and reduced sexual desire as possible side effects for dutasteride. Check with your urologist and see if there are alternatives.

Reactions: Bernd

satopper

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist, as it might be a side effect of the medicine. When I had radical prostate surgery 9 years ago, it included "nerve sparing", allowing me to get erect naturally. About 2 months afterwards, I had my first post-surgery orgasm, and I was surprised that nothing came out, but that I still had the feeling--the spasms, etc.--of normal orgasm. Strangely enough, I don't last very long when masturbating alone, but I can last for a long while with someone, and I can last a lot longer than I used to during intercourse.

Bernd

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I asked my doc about that idea. A higher dosage is not useful. My dosage pushes down DHT for 95%. So it should be enough

braalian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Because of enlarged prostate and Problems to pee I have to take dutasteride and silodosin. No I can't get hard and can't cum. When I have an orgasm it's completely dry and it feels like nothing. I feel the orgasm coming and then..... nothing at all. No pumping no good Feeling only a weak shivering! That's horrible
A regular fuck buddy I used to have was an older dude with an enlarged prostate. He took flomax and he definetly did have dry orgasms. It's called "retrograde ejaculation", and it's where the semen actually goes into the bladder during orgasm instead of shooting out the penis. He'd actually have really cloudy urine afterward cause he'd piss out pee mixed with cum.

He definetly experienced a normal orgasm, though. Just no ejaculation.

Reactions: satopper and Bernd