"No Knock" Supreme Court Ruling

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
I do own a few firearms - a shotgun, a rifle, and a handgun. I have had proper training in their use, care, and storage. I periodically take them all to the firing range to keep them in good working order (and I'm damned good with them, too.) They stay in the gun safe, though - but not to worry, it only takes me seconds to get one out and get the ammo in. Next to the bed, I have a mace. No, not a spray-can of mace, but the old-fashioned "club with spikes". We have lots of weapons/swords/knives/maces/flails in our collection, mostly just for display - but all quite functional.

If a SWAT team decided to swarm my home, they would no doubt eventually win - but by goddess they would lose more from their team than I would from mine.

As for the idea that "they don't want to enter your home, they are just doing their job", tell that to Mr. Lawrence, of "Lawrence v. Texas." If the police are trying to serve a warrant that they know is bogus, well, I just have a problem with that. I don't steal; I don't do drugs; I don't do things that are harmful to anyone else; I'm not a spy. If the police try to enter my home, they are definitely NOT just doing their job.

werd.

Well armed for DEFENSE purposed is a damned good idea. I wish we didn't have to rely on the good judgement of all our citizens though because for far too many, guns+alcohol=bad day. However, being the very recent recipient of an armed home invasion, my view on guns has changed dramatically. The next fuckers to try it will find me better prepared.

Police, robbers, or anyone not on my lease have no business entering MY home without cause, period.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
DC_DEEP said:
If the police try to enter my home, they are definitely NOT just doing their job.
unfortunately their "job" is whatever the folks who are paying them tell them to do, as we've seen and continue to see ad nauseam. even more dangerous than the ones doing it for the money are those doing it for the ego trip, of which there seem to be more than ever these days. sadly the vast majority of cops, by their very nature, are not much in the habit of questioning authority - even when said authorities are mostly criminals themselves.

these days, the reason i keep guns in my home has far more to do with potential danger from the forces of "law and order" than from the "bad guys."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
unfortunately their "job" is whatever the folks who are paying them tell them to do, as we've seen and continue to see ad nauseam. even more dangerous than the ones doing it for the money are those doing it for the ego trip, of which there seem to be more than ever these days. sadly the vast majority of cops, by their very nature, are not much in the habit of questioning authority - even when said authorities are mostly criminals themselves.
You got it, brother. One of my brothers used to be a municipal cop, for over a decade. He finally got out of that line of work, though, because of the corruption of the force in general, and because as one of the few truly honest cops, he was so far outnumbered (and sometimes harrassed) by the ones who weren't. Dr Rock, I'm sure you would believe some of the stories he told, but I doubt that many others here would. Planting "evidence" is so pervasive it just boggles the mind. When they decide they want someone, they go after 'em... and that is too often the "enter before knock&announce" sort of thing that goes on.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
derfman said:
Sorry to hear about the robbery madam.....

At least I have a few more like me...If not LIKE me..lol

:cool:

Thanks, it's the main reason I've been less vocal here lately, but I'm getting things back in order, slowly.

and thx fer not typing lik a fukin chode, that shit drives me nutz!

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
one of my best friends was a policeman here in the UK for over 35 years, and after spending 30 of those as a city-level superintendent fighting an uphill battle to even get any meaningful police work done on a local level, let alone stem the tide of corruption, nepotism and bribery within the force, he too eventually quit in disgust. it is depressing to hear him talk about it, because he clearly feels that he spent most of his life wasting his time and effort: consistently prevented from doing his duty by horrifically self-serving bureaucrats and officials higher up the tree. his problems weren't so much a result of crooked officers planting, fixing and otherwise perverting the course of justice at the "ground level" (although there were plenty of those), but more with the continual, deliberate erosion and abuse of the law and the intent of the law by the supposed legal authorities. some of the shit that goes on at that level on a daily basis is just stomach-turning to hear about, especially within the court system. predictably, the worst offenders can always be found occupying the points where the police hierarchy meets that of the government and civil service.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora said:
werd.

Well armed for DEFENSE purposed is a damned good idea. I wish we didn't have to rely on the good judgement of all our citizens though because for far too many, guns+alcohol=bad day. However, being the very recent recipient of an armed home invasion, my view on guns has changed dramatically. The next fuckers to try it will find me better prepared.

Police, robbers, or anyone not on my lease have no business entering MY home without cause, period.

I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This shit's been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, f**k police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(f**k 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

I got my brain on hype.
Tonight'll be your night.
I got this long-assed knife,
and your neck looks just right.
My adrenaline's pumpin'.
I got my stereo bumpin'.
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(f**k her)

Die, die, die pig, die!
F**k the police yeah!

F**k the police, break it down.
F**k the police, yeah.
F**k the police, for Darryl Gates.
F**k the police, for Rodney King.
F**k the police, for my dead homies.
F**k the police, for your freedom.
F**k the police, don't be a pussy.
F**k the police, have some muthaf**kin' courage.
F**k the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice.
Cop killer!
I'm a muthaf**kin' cop killer!

(f**k her)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

*every sweet has its sour, every evil has its good.-rwe

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rhino_horn said:
WELL, the point was that its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it; especially if u live in an area prone to robbery.

*and yes, ur supposed to have it close to bed. ur ass is more vulnerable when ur asleep.

I haven't read all the previous posts--so apologize if anybody else made this suggestion. But the advantages of owning your own gun and protecting your rights makes me wonder why nobody is taking the next step: having the US government issue guns to every single citizen in the country. They could get a big volume discount to drive the price down, and this way everybody in the US would own a gun. Nobody would have an unfair advantage over any of their neighbors. It would also prove once and for all how serious the US is about the basic rights of every single individual. So why is no one proposing this? I think it seems like a logical next step, and a clear one.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Mkymkus said:
I haven't read all the previous posts--so apologize if anybody else made this suggestion. But the advantages of owning your own gun and protecting your rights makes me wonder why nobody is taking the next step: having the US government issue guns to every single citizen in the country. They could get a big volume discount to drive the price down, and this way everybody in the US would own a gun. Nobody would have an unfair advantage over any of their neighbors. It would also prove once and for all how serious the US is about the basic rights of every single individual. So why is no one proposing this? I think it seems like a logical next step, and a clear one.
the obvious answer is that not everyone CAN use a gun, quite apart from the fact that a lot of people couldn't afford to maintain one. more importantly, some people simply may not WANT to, which is not a choice that others are entitled to make for them. saying "you MUST own a gun" is morally just as inexcusable as saying "you CANNOT own a gun."

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
madame_zora said:
Cheifly British for dick. I was referring to the chode you were arguing with, rhino_horn, who seems to think chatspeak is cute on a message board- a sentiment I do not share.

I had a fight about chatspeak the other day, he was trying to convince me he was an adult while using chatspeak, I used that against him, I HATE CHATSPEAK!

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
rhino_horn said:
I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This shit's been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(f**k 'em)

I got my brain on hype.
Tonight'll be your night.
I got this long-assed knife,
and your neck looks just right.
My adrenaline's pumpin'.
I got my stereo bumpin'.
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

(f**k her)

Die, die, die pig, die!
F**k the police yeah!

F**k the police, break it down.
F**k the police, yeah.
F**k the police, for Darryl Gates.
F**k the police, for Rodney King.
F**k the police, for my dead homies.
F**k the police, for your freedom.
F**k the police, don't be a pussy.
F**k the police, have some muthaf**kin' courage.
F**k the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice.
Cop killer!
I'm a muthaf**kin' cop killer!

(f**k her)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

*every sweet has its sour, every evil has its good.-rwe

Thats offensive, you son of a bitch, I know someone who died in a gang related shooting. I don't know if your trying to be funny but its just wrong.

D_Pat_Sayjackoff

1st Like
Media
Thats actually a song that was made many years ago...am sorry to say I own the album...no not the casette...not the cd...the album. I have the mp3 now.
It was meant to be offensive...remember the f*ck the police shirts?...that was some time ago. NWA...Ice cube...KRS1....:cool:
Ok so Im 31 and keep up on all music.....sue me.​

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora said:
Cheifly British for dick. I was referring to the chode you were arguing with, rhino_horn, who seems to think chatspeak is cute on a message board- a sentiment I do not share.
Well, I have a dick..I didn't realize i was a dick.-sorry.

You people get offended by the smallest things; I'll stop the "chatspeak" from now on.

findfirefox said:
Thats offensive, you son of a bitch, I know someone who died in a gang related shooting. I don't know if your trying to be funny but its just wrong.
Gang related shooting? Thats a song by ice T; derfman and zora were talking about shooting cops, so I thought I would show them what they sound like to me.

Also, you call my mother a bitch because you were offended? She's a sweet old lady, leave her alone.

*Sometimes I like to piss on the dishes in the kitchen sink, provided there is nobody around...?