No Longer a Brazilian Bikini Wax Virgin

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Belly_Dancer, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

Today I had my first full Brazilian bikini wax (which I guess means 'completely bare' to most people, which is what I wanted, and got).

I've been shaving for quite some time, but had grown frustrated with some of the associated problems. I've kind of always wanted to wax, but wasn't quite motivated enough to spend the money (or endure the pain) until lately.

Well, it turns out it wasn't that bad. I would say the pain is worse than a tattoo, but it only lasts for a second (even though it's done repeatedly). When the aesthetician "cleaned up" extra hairs with tweezers, it didn't bother me.

The one thing that did surprise me was that it hurt more on my outer labia than on my mons. The hair on my mons is thicker and deeply rooted, and she started with that, so when she moved on, I thought the worst was over.

Wrong!

Anyway, it was still far more enjoyable than a root canal, and I know I'll keep on doing it. I'd keep it up even if I didn't have a man in my life, just because I love being bare.

I went to a very experienced person (and I'm glad -- I think she made my first time the best it could have been), but I still have quite a bit of redness and soreness. I was trying to think what it feels like and finally realized it feels exactly like a really bad sunburn.

She said the irritation should be gone in 1-3 days.

She also advised me to go "commando" and wear loose clothing during the time my pussy is still irritated (okay, she didn't say "pussy," but that's what she meant. I think she referred to it as "the area.") :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm finding it fun already. I typically sleep in panties, and now will definitely be the time to stop.

When I wear my scrubs to work tomorrow, I won't wear panties. And scrubs are comfy and loose-fitting, so they shouldn't irritate the "sunburn" too much. The only issue is that when I talk to my lover on the phone, I will get wet. I'll just have to go to the bathroom and clean up immediately so as not to...umm...give myself away. :redface:

Anyway, I'll be interested to see what the effect is like after it heals -- how long it lasts, etc.

How many other women on LPSG have had full waxing done, and what was your experience? Do you do it regularly, or sporadically?

And if you've never waxed, are you thinking about it? If you haven't yet, why not?

I'm always curious about what other women do. :biggrin1:

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I had a pretty much brazilian, I had two hearts waxed into the remaining hair. I do it regularly by myself now... 69$ a shot is not worth it... I have a star done now.

3. Gisella

Gold Member

:biggrin1:

Congratulations!

:wink:

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Congrats, Holly! There's something enticing about women who're willing to put time and effort into their ladyparts... :wink:

I'd be curious to hear from the guys who have experience with the full wax treatment, too. I've been toying with the idea of having it done...at least a "crack & sack" waxing, anyhow. Did you have trouble finding a salon that does male waxing? How did you choose your aesthetician? What's the recovery regimen and timeframe? Enquiring minds wanna know!

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

There are places that do males, just open the phone book and call around to them, they will tell you straight up. Crack wont be much pain, but I'm not sure if they actually do the sack.. thats like super painful. Even my compulsive waxer friend wont do his sack. Usually the aesthetician chooses you, as not all will do males. Usually the swelling and redness stop after 2-3 days. It feels like a mild sunburn a few hours after you get it done. Upkeep is much easier after you start to wax, and it takes less time the more you do it.

6. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

I chose a reputable salon in the city where I live. I've been there before for massages and hair treatments, although I don't frequent the place because it's too expensive. But I know from word of mouth (and from their price list) that they do a lot of waxing, including the intimate kind.

For my first waxing, I figured it was worth the extra money. Of course, I'm a talker (and fortunately, so was the aesthetician) so we gabbed throughout the process, and one of the things I asked her was how difficult it was to wax a man's balls. She said that if you are well-versed in the technique, it's not that difficult. The man may have to help the aesthetician stretch/hold the skin so it can be waxed. She seemed completely comfortable with the idea and it was evident she had done the procedure many times before.

Now, as far as having your ass waxed, I think gender makes no difference. An ass is an ass (okay, I know that's not true, but in terms of hair removal, it probably is...) In fact, for me, that was the easiest and least painful part.

I didn't look to see where you live before I started this reply, but if you live in (or near) a fairly sizable city, I'm sure there are salons / spas who do it. The one thing I have been advised (and I heeded the advice) is do not go to a small, neighborhood boutique, i.e. the type that advertises "waxing," but mostly does manicures and pedicures. Spend the money and go to someone who has waxed a lot of genitals.

In my experience, those little boutiques don't even do a good job on eyebrows, so I wouldn't let them anywhere near my .... area.:biggrin1:

Look at the list of services for a reputable salon, and chances are that if they do female waxing, they probably do men too. All you have to do is inquire as to the price.

Hope this helps.

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

When I've waxed I find I stay completely smooth for about 4 weeks then the odd little hair starts appearing, these are possibly ones that weren't in an active growth phase when I had the waxing done, but usually it's a good 8 weeks before I have any significant regrowth, if I leave it to grow back naturally it can look a bit scruffy for a while but this is usually when I have it waxed again. I have an epilator, one of those little machines that rip your hairs out by the roots, which says you can use it for bikini line and pubic area - that makes waxing look like a walk in the park, I tried it just once and it was the worst pain ever, now even thinking about it brings me out in a cold sweat of fear.

8. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pain worse than a tattoo on my most sensitive parts. Repeatedly.

Thank you, no.

*edit* I have used the epilady and it didn't hurt too much but then it wasn't terribly effective either.

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ahhh its not that bad.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Welcome to the club Holly!

I love the results but DAMN, the PAIN!

The pain was worse than any root canal I ever had.

It was unfortunately made worse by the post-wax soothing cream. She gave me sample paks to take home and apply every few hours. I thought I was having a reaction to the wax; but after getting home and using the post-wax soothing creme I realized I was allergic to it!!!! So I washed it off and applied Neosporin + Pain Relief ahhhh sweet bliss.

My wax girl only told me to wait 24 hours before sex.

I spent the next few weeks completely captivated and taking pics of my pretty pussy; many of which are in my gallery.

I would definetely do it again, but not until I am in a relationship. To go through that kind of physical pain w/o the sexual pay off is ludicrous to me.

njqt466

11. Pjurlover

Pjurlover New Member

Albums:
    I've shaved and waxed it all, including my balls and the male equivalent of a mons, and my ass including the crack & around my sensitive anus. The first time it hurt quite a bit -- but it was over very quickly (I agree -- the ass was nuthin'). After the first time, it became easier and easier . . . or perhaps "less and less painful" would be a better way to describe it.

My skin was red immediately after waxing but I was fine within 6 hours or so. Maybe I was lucky? But I think I had a particularly good "waxologist" -- it does make a difference. Also, I used Tend Skin immediately after . . . be careful how you use it, obviously, but it helps soothe and it helps with ingrowns.

What I didn't like about waxing was having to wait 3-4 weeks before doing it again. At the 10 day-2 wk mark the hair began to reappear and it was not so neat by the time I was ready to wax again. This wasn't acceptable for the nude beach.

So, I eventually got it all lasered, chest, abdomen, pubes (including balls), ass/crack . . . No more worries . . . (I still get my arms waxed.)

My wife has another product besides Tend Skin, one that is probably better around a woman's pussy . . . I'll get the name and share.

In the meantime, isn't it wonderful to be smooth. It's great for oral.

12. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

How much did your lazering job cost? Cause here it's a $100 a shot... my mom had her upper lip done, and it ended up costing her $1100...

13. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seems like a lot of cost (and pain), dude. Is it really all that much better than a quick neat shave?

14. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I've never been waxed... too afraid of the pain it might cause!

15. Pjurlover

Pjurlover New Member

Albums:
    Regarding cost of lasering, I had quite a bit done (chest, abdomen, full brazilian and butt -- you can see it in my pics) and it wasn't cheap but I don't have any regrets. There's no stubble and waxing wasn't cheap either; it definitely adds up over time so I decided to bite the bullet. To each his own.

(but I've gotta say, $1100 for upper lip sounds like the very high end of the price scale. My total, for 4 treatments, was less than double that.)

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Up here where I live...it's about the only place that does it, so they can charge what they want...
    Your lucky your laser job healed well, a friend of the family had horrible scarring... or something who knows what caused it, I'm not all that up on what happens, other than it looks worse than before she started.

17. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

Hubby has waxed my nether region twice......the 2nd time was about a week before my first tattoo......
    He hasn't done it since cause even though he did a good job......he decided he'd rather not do that himself.
    I despise shaving.....shaving There, I mean.

Have used a Sally Hansen spa hair removal gel that's safe for that area.....have to use it a 2nd time 24 hours later to get everything.....but it's hard to find even online.

Not sure the waxing there can be compared to tattoos......
    Tattoos take Much longer even if they're small.

The last 20 minutes of the first tattoo (total time was 4 hours and 15 minutes) felt like a searing rip thru 1000 degree skin....a sensation that spread out much further than the tattoo area itself....
    A white hot pain that obliterated everything in my mind.....I wondered why my skin didn't ignite.

After having gone back 4 times for more tattoos (but none of them lasting anywhere near that long) and now understanding the uniqueness of that pain, I'd do it again in a second.....:wink:
    I only go to One tattoo artist....no one else.
    I AM certifiable.....LOL

I, too, was going to ask how do you know which place is the best to get a brazilian ?
    This area is only about 150,000 people but it's also a college town and there are nail,pedicure,waxing places all over the place....probably over 20.
    Nearest big city is Houston (hour and a half drive).

18. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Expensive and painful. An allegory of modern life. But seriously ... to what does the adjective "Brazilian" refer?

19. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

Because a Brazilian hairs are RIPPED out.......
    LOL

I don't know....maybe someone thought Brazil is where the idea came from.

20. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    It has to do with wearing a thong bikini at the public beach, first popularized in Rio. Right... that's public not pubic. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted