No Nudity in Avatars!!!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I understand all of your concerns. I have the same ones. After all, it is me who when I get a report of a nude avatar that has to decide what to do.
I know the this issue well as I am a retired teacher. There is a dress code in nearly all schools. I've seen teachers not agreeing whether a certain student was violating the dress code or not.

So two points on that: One there never will be a way to write something that will always be 100 percent clear and never be room for disagreement. Example: Pick 100 members at random. Have 100 avatars that are "borderline." Have the 100 random members choose which ones break the ToS and which ones don't. Evaluate the results. Very doubtful that there would be a few pics that everyone didn't agree on.

Two. We have to have a system set up to deal with this. One, this is the standard that we use. "Will this person in the avatar dressed the way this person is be able to walk on a sidewalk downtown in an American conservative city? If the answer is, "They will be arrested by the police for nudity in a public place then we remove the avatar and permanently ban the member. That now means the banned member can request reinstatement. That answer could be a yes, a no or yes but after such and such a length of time.

If the avatar is borderline, then we report it to the mod team just like a member does. Then we discuss and if by a consensus of the moderating team agree that the avatar contains nudity then the person is permanently banned.

As to Jeff Blacks question about the ass crack. I should have been more specific. Be damned if I know for sure just how many inches of the ass crack can be shown in the avatar. In general though I was referring to the bottom half of the ass crack. If that pic were to appear in that 8th grade classroom and some of the studens exclaimed. Damn you can see his whole ass in that pic, we have a nude avatar. The purpose of the ass crack statement is to let people know that just because the ass hole is not visable the avatar is OK. Female breasts can pretty much be revealed as long as the nipple doesn't show.

The point that Lex brought up about revealing pics needs to be clarified. Obviously to me and I'm sure Lex as well, bulges even being able to see the outline of the cock or balls would not be considered nudity. If it were, half the boys in high school with hard ons from an overdose of harmones would be arrested for nudity.

So the cock, balls or nipples on a woman would have to be "clear" through what ever cloth was over it. Again, the easiest way to make that decision is on the sidewalk downtown in an American concervative city. If the police would arrest the person in the avatar dressed like that for nudity, then we would remove the avatar and give the member a permanent ban.

I gave the rationale for no nudity in avatars. I love debate. I would divide my students into two groups and have them debate current events or a historical event. Often, I would put stuents on the opposite side of what I knew they beleved or felt. To say that means I can just as easily argue why avatars should be allowed to show nudity. In reality though it doesn't matter. The owner made this rule. The owner made these sme basic clarifications to the mods some time back. We wanted to know what was consider nude and what wasn't as well.

Keep in mind that I would hope all moderators would bring any avatar that isn't clear cut to the moderating team and allow the moderators as a group determine if the avatar has nudity.

The reason I posted this thread was because I looked through the list of people banned recently. I found that there are many people being banned for nudity in avatars. Pecker pointed out that the "No Nudity" appears everytime a member changes his avatar. Pecker also pointed out in this thread that the moderating team had started enforcing this rule as it is written. I thought it only fair to the members to let you know that while we didn't enforce the punishment rule for a while, we are now.

Also keep in mind that this is an international site. What is considered nudity in in a convervative soutnern small town may not be considered nudity in France. That is another reason why I wrote out what is the standard for nudity.

I can't change the rule about nudity in the avatars. Rob owns this site and made that a rule as soon as he bought it. That rule predates the mod system.

I can't let members, some of which may be personal friends of mine, break this rule and be permanently banned and not tell them about how we are enforcing it.

Translation: I am driving at night and find that the bridge is out and come close to driving off into the river. then I remember you are headed down the same road toward that same bridge, I have two immediate choices. One I can call my legislators and bitch because the legislators didn't put enough money into replacing bridges and now the bridge I need is out or I can get on my cell phone and tell you my friend who is headed toward that same bridge and tell you to hit the brakes and not drive off into the river.

I believe the best course of action for me to take is to post a public thread letting you the members know that bans for nudity are immediate and there are no second chances. (Except when the moderating team determines that it is questionable and give you a second chance for that reason and that reason alone.)

I've tried to anwer your questions. If I missed one pm me or post it here. I'll try to answer it as soon as I can.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
What about MOOBS??!!......you know.....Fat guy TITS.:eek:
Where do they stack up against visuals of female breasts?
Just breakin' some humps here.....not too serious.