"no Nudity" Signs In Men's Locker Rooms & Saunas

GeorgeTSLC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I haven't been to a gym here in Salt Lake for a couple of years, but the last times I was in locker rooms and saunas, I encountered a sign at one that read "Cover yourself at all times" and another that read simply "NO NUDITY".

I've got a few questions. One, is this sort of thing happening anywhere else? If so, how tightly is it enforced? And has protest from members ever gotten such stupidity reversed?

P.S. Please don't post stuff that belongs at the Flaunting in the locker room instead. And don't tell me I'm fantasizing or lying; I'm old but not yet senile.

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I haven't been to a gym here in Salt Lake for a couple of years, but the last times I was in locker rooms and saunas, I encountered a sign at one that read "Cover yourself at all times" and another that read simply "NO NUDITY".

I've got a few questions. One, is this sort of thing happening anywhere else? If so, how tightly is it enforced? And has protest from members ever gotten such stupidity reversed?

P.S. Please don't post stuff that belongs at the Flaunting in the locker room instead. And don't tell me I'm fantasizing or lying; I'm old but not yet senile.
Never seen it anywhere….

Reactions: GeorgeTSLC

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is a similar situation at Healthtrax East Providence, RI. Large signs saying to be covered at all times, and they installed privacy barriers in the open showers. Under the pressure of local conservative zealots, nudity is banned where nudity is expected. This is not the case in their other locations.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Salt Lake City, land of the Mormons.

Need I say more?

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How are you supposed to change clothes or even shower without getting naked at some point ?

Wet had Mormon (married) friends and they told us how they would always change clothes, dress for bed (in long nightshirts) in the bathroom, out of sight of the other.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is a similar situation at Healthtrax East Providence, RI. Large signs saying to be covered at all times, and they installed privacy barriers in the open showers. Under the pressure of local conservative zealots, nudity is banned where nudity is expected. This is not the case in their other locations.

This reminds me of a series of notices in The Federal Register, the daily "newspaper" of the US government, which consists almost entirely of proposed regulations, and new regulations. Many years ago (30-35?) they published a new rule regarding nudity on public parkland in beaches and campgrounds. It was supposed to read:
"No pubic areas or pubic hair shall be visible in public areas"

But the blue collar prudes who ran the Government Printing Office decided that there was no way a respectable government publication would use the word "pubic " in a notice. So, without any regard for meaning, they changed it to read, "No public areas or public hair shall be visible in public areas."

But, of course since The Federal Register is a legal document of record and this was an official rule, it had to be corrected so as to agree with legislation passed by Congress regarding nudity on public lands. SO, The Federal Register printed a correction to the effect that ..." on page xxx, paragraph analysis, line yyy where the word 'PUBLIC' appears it should be 'PUBIC'...etc.

I'm also reminded of the satirical musical "Urine Town" in which there a city-wide tax on using toilets that has reached the point where you have to go to a publc place to do your private businesses because toilets have been outlawed.

And no, I've not seen anything so ridiculous as banning nudity in showers and locker rooms not even in the Bible Belt of the South where I grew up.

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No signs at my gyms in Miami but once I was in the sauna partially wrapped in my towel but my cock was pretty visible, and a gym guy was giving a new member a tour. He opened the sauna, looked at me and said “you can’t do that here”. I said nothing back but was like wtf! I’m in a men’s sauna!!!

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This reminds me of a series of notices in The Federal Register, the daily "newspaper" of the US government, ...they published a new rule regarding nudity on public parkland in beaches and campgrounds. It was supposed to read:

"No pubic areas or pubic hair shall be visible in public areas"

That's why I shave my shit smooth!

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No signs at my gyms in Miami but once I was in the sauna partially wrapped in my towel but my cock was pretty visible, and a gym guy was giving a new member a tour. He opened the sauna, looked at me and said “you can’t do that here”. I said nothing back but was like wtf! I’m in a men’s sauna!!!

I've enjoyed your pics... I would consider the view he got a perk of becoming a member!

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How are you supposed to change clothes or even shower without getting naked at some point ?
The dreaded satanic towel dance… I presume…. That ritual guys go through because other men seeing their penis will cause them to burst into flames or worse turn gay!

AlextheRedhead

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not surprised being raised Mormon myself. There was always a taboo about nudity.
I rejected many things about the religion and have a fondness for nudity in public. Nude beaches and the resorts in Palm Springs where you can walk around nude.
I've noticed in many gym locker rooms I have visited that there are signs for no cell phones because you will encounter nudity.

It's ridiculous to make the body a for or against debate.
Did you ask the gym management why there is a sign like that?
Would be interesting to hear what the response is. There must have been a person who had that sign posted.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No nudity in locker rooms is stupid.

is this sort of thing happening anywhere else?
Not here in the Minneapolis suburbs. At my gym, the steam room is directly off the locker room and both the men's and women's locker room has their own and nudity is allowed although most are wrapped in a towel. The sauna is not in the locker room and all are welcome, and in there, one must wear at least the equivalent of a bathing suit.

He opened the sauna, looked at me and said “you can’t do that here”. I said nothing back but was like wtf! I’m in a men’s sauna!!!
Any chance this was not about nudity, but about mistaking your flaccid penis for being erect or partially erect and him thinking that perhaps you were masturbating?

It's ridiculous to make the body a for or against debate
I agree 100%. Nudity is in fact the normal, natural thing. And too many people confuse nudity and sexual. I have nude photos of myself where I'm just standing there. I have sexually explicit photos of myself where I'm holding my erect penis. There's a difference.

D

deleted907269

This is ludicrous, are we supposed to shower dressed? How are you to properly shower and dry afterwards if nudity isn't allowed? Absolutely unhygienic, never in my wildest dreams have I thought such scenario could be possible (to answer your question, I have never encountered such sign)

I would ask the management how this signs came to be and request this nonsense ends or you'd move to another gym. I could personally not endorse such practice with my money.

Madness and self-hatred from religious zealots.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I’ve never seen a nudity sign at a gym I’ve gone to in the US or Europe, and I’ve been to many. I did encounter this sign in Switzerland which brought a smile to my face.
What was the local view of nudity?

Reactions: Gj816

Godofthunder

Legendary Member
Media
I never encountered an issue with nudity at any gym I went to in Europe. That sign was for a hotel sauna. I was at a Gym in Germany one time and the sauna was co-ed and people were nude. I’ve been at gyms in Europe where female cleaning people are doing there thing in the men’s looker room without a care in the world.