"no Nudity" Signs In Men's Locker Rooms & Saunas

BottomAtl

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was visiting New Orleans a few years back and went to a place on the northshore (Francos in Mandeville) that was a huge club with pool, cabana, gym, etc. I went to swim and once I did my laps I went to shower and when I was finished I went into the mens wet area and stepped into the sauna. I was 100% alone, sat on my towel and leaned back. Within a minute or two a young guy opened the door and told me that I had to put something on. That nudity in the sauna and the steam room was not allowed. I asked why especially since I was alone, no kids were there, etc. He said sir, put on clothes or leave. I left.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This being 2021; and the debate over the legal use of the toilet / locker room one identifies with, comes into play. I was reading about women who stormed out of a public bathroom, when they saw someone who identifies as a woman; but had male genitalia. The no prolonged nudity . sign is probably a way to hedge their defense against a lawsuit ..

Reactions: Gj816 and Curvy-d

yos

Sexy Member
Media
At my gym it says must be toweled or clothed in both the steam room and sauna. It doesn't say that in the hot tub area.

It also has changing stalls.

Reactions: Gj816

EmperorJimbo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Last Friday my gym posted a sign on the sauna door (inside the men's locker room) "Clothing is required in the sauna. Nudity is not allowed."
I've been naked in there for 10+ years 3-4 times a week. Now what?
I've resorted to wearing underwear in there the last couple of times, but I do hate it. I'll get over it, but it is a sad commentary on our society (or the prudishness of some manager OR the male member that complained).

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If what you guys are reporting is true, this sounds totally silly and counterproductive to me.
If swimwear must be worn in a sauna, this means that people are not only going to be wearing sweaty and dirty swimwear into the swimming pool, which means the levels of chlorine will need to be increased, which in turn means that people will then be sitting inside the sauna with swimwear soaked in chlorine which will evaporate into unhealthy gas from the heat in the sauna.

It would make a lot more sense to require people to use a towel to sit on, either just on the bench or wrapped around the waist. To not allow people to get naked while they are changing in a changing room just sounds like the silliest thing ever. Isn't that what the changing rooms are for ?

sgtrock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately I think it is a combination of liability and of out right fear by some heterosexual members. Been a gym rat for years in the Marines, Hawaii, So CA and now GA. being nude doesn't equate to sexuality but some are truly uncomfortable and in a group setting the groups sets the tone and the rules. Don't fight it. After all your there to sweat right? I wear my speedos in both hot tub/pool and sauna and everyone is fine with it.

VladtheImpaler

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my YMCA you must wear a swimsuit in the Hot Tub. I wear a white one that when wet hides nothing, it also has short legs, so my cock head and balls are visible. The sauna and Steam room you must wear a swimsuit, gym shorts, or a towel around your waist. All the old guys simply sit naked on a towel, I wear a towel around my waist but when I sit down it covers nothing. The young guys usually wear their boxer briefs!

BottomAtl

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was in a LA Fitness in Atlanta pre covid and after swimming laps I walked into the MENS sauna, stripped out of my soaking wet swim suit, draped it over the wood near the coals and sat on my towel. Two middle eastern men came in babbling in a language I don't understand and one walked out. In comes a LA Fitness employee telling me to get dressed. I was in there alone at first, sitting on a fucking towel, minding my own business. Not jacking off. NOTHING! Except that I have a fairly large prince albert hanging from my cock. Maybe that's what pissed them off? Or was it just nudity?

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Good grief, what is wrong with men? I am beginning to believe with all this stuff going on that men are either A too terrified that they'll be tempted by seeing another naked man. Or B they're dealing with some serious inner conflicts about their own sexuality. Either way they shouldn't be in a mens locker room if they are that insecure about their own sexuality.

real_men_cuddle

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good grief, what is wrong with men? I am beginning to believe with all this stuff going on that men are either A too terrified that they'll be tempted by seeing another naked man. Or B they're dealing with some serious inner conflicts about their own sexuality. Either way they shouldn't be in a mens locker room if they are that insecure about their own sexuality.
I totally argee with you!

Reactions: RJ5on1 and Gj816

RL_Praha

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's unthinkable here. It's actually banned to wear swimwear in saunas (and I have seen people being vocally challenged!). If you are prudish you can wrap yourself in a sheet. There are also signs ordering you to shower with soap and WITHOUT TRUNKS before entering the pool.