"no Nudity" Signs In Men's Locker Rooms & Saunas

bidad4son

Sexy Member
Media
Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I haven't been to a gym here in Salt Lake for a couple of years, but the last times I was in locker rooms and saunas, I encountered a sign at one that read "Cover yourself at all times" and another that read simply "NO NUDITY".

I've got a few questions. One, is this sort of thing happening anywhere else? If so, how tightly is it enforced? And has protest from members ever gotten such stupidity reversed?

P.S. Please don't post stuff that belongs at the Flaunting in the locker room instead. And don't tell me I'm fantasizing or lying; I'm old but not yet senile.
I have seen a few signs but usually a family oriented placed.

JustJones009

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was visiting New Orleans a few years back and went to a place on the northshore (Francos in Mandeville) that was a huge club with pool, cabana, gym, etc. I went to swim and once I did my laps I went to shower and when I was finished I went into the mens wet area and stepped into the sauna. I was 100% alone, sat on my towel and leaned back. Within a minute or two a young guy opened the door and told me that I had to put something on. That nudity in the sauna and the steam room was not allowed. I asked why especially since I was alone, no kids were there, etc. He said sir, put on clothes or leave. I left.
Oh I can totally clear this up. You were on the Northshore in Mandeville of all places. That Franco’s is super family friendly. It’s like specifically for suburbanite families. They’re 100% not that kind of gym you go to expecting some lax rules. Real uptight. Should have just went to New Orleans Athletic Club near the Quarter. Northshore is a completely different Caucasian upper middle class culture.

Reactions: BottomAtl

BottomAtl

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh I can totally clear this up. You were on the Northshore in Mandeville of all places. That Franco’s is super family friendly. It’s like specifically for suburbanite families. They’re 100% not that kind of gym you go to expecting some lax rules. Real uptight. Should have just went to New Orleans Athletic Club near the Quarter. Northshore is a completely different Caucasian upper middle class culture.

I wasn't there for anything except some relaxation time. I was living/working in Europe at the time and came in to visit family on the Northshore. I guess I got used to being naked in saunas that were, at time, co-ed. There was no ill intent here at all and as I said I was alone. No one was within 20 feet of the sauna or the wet area! I don't even know how the guy knew I was there.

HunterGreen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was in a LA Fitness in Atlanta pre covid and after swimming laps I walked into the MENS sauna, stripped out of my soaking wet swim suit, draped it over the wood near the coals and sat on my towel. Two middle eastern men came in babbling in a language I don't understand and one walked out. In comes a LA Fitness employee telling me to get dressed. I was in there alone at first, sitting on a fucking towel, minding my own business. Not jacking off. NOTHING! Except that I have a fairly large prince albert hanging from my cock. Maybe that's what pissed them off? Or was it just nudity?
At the Y years ago I had a elderly member complain to the staff that I had a PA. That is. Just that I had one and that he could see it. Thankfully the staff told the old man that if it bothered him not to look at it.

HunterGreen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it was an LA Fitness in Kentucky where I first saw signs that said no nudity in the lock room, with an overly long explanation that you were supposed to get dressed/covered as quickly as possible in front of your locker and that was it. I ignored it of course.
One of the really small gyms at Fort Knox, Otto I think it was, in the Basic Training area and mostly just frequented by the Drill Sergeants, had a dry sauna. It was the only one with a sauna that I knew on post so I used to love using that one. There was a list of rules outside the sauna that included having to wear something, but not those plastic sauna suits, as they were considered dangerous. Mostly because the place was wholly unmonitored. Everyone ignored those rules too and most of the guys didn't even bring a towel in with them. Just bare asses on wood.