No Platform for "facists"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Andreas Sukov, Mar 29, 2010.

1. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

My, and many others, words. Doesnt have to be your own.

What do you guys think, in regard to no platform to the BNP. I know some MPs are in favour of not debating with the BNP, but some are against it.

Personally i dont think any MP should debate with the BNP as it gives them the legitimacy for people to think they are not racist.

Heres what i think should happen. Intead of debating with them, hold the "debate" with them alone and let MPs join us "normal" people on the floor and let us make the Nazis feel very incomfrotable with questions in race, economy, education, NHS etc. Once they leave, us adults can debate.

This is just my view and i doubt anyone will agree with me. Heck, i expect no one to, but id like to know your views towards no platform.

2. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    Not wanting to legitimize racists is fine, but what about people worried about increasing violence coming from angry young men seduced by militant Islam?

3. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's such a tricky situation. Everyone has a right to their opinion and to express their opinion, but when someone's personal freedom has the potential to threaten or interfere with someone else's personal freedom, you have to draw the line somewhere.

4. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

The violence is quite small to non-existant in the UK because we have very good intelligence.

You counter it by tackling why they are angry. Simply, they are disenfrachised with society and are treated as second class citizens by many. Tackle that, and you tackle the root of it. You dont tackle it by organising facists to send boot boys into them

Draft saved Draft deleted