no privacy in the locker room

What I find funny is the younger dudes who are afraid to let it hang out, they wrap in a towel and try to put their undies on, or wear their shorts in the shower or sauna, I don't get it.

AKA: "the towel dance"

I think it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. They end up drawing more attention to themselves.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As long as there arn't cat calls or other comments.

The gasp once in a while is welcome too.

I don't mind if they check me out while on the running machines or lifting weights; no mater if I can do more or less then them.

Jl2017

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This might sound wierd...

It depends on the guys, If they look more mature and secure with themselves then I don't care.

Some young guys though like Teens take the showers to a level that just creeps me out. They get nervious and shaky and that freaks me out.

It's a shower. Get in. Shower. Glance at the other guy without him noticing. Say to yourself, "man I wish I had his abs" or "I bet my girlfriend would dump me for him" Get out. Go home.

Last edited:

LongandBigSub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Privacy is a state of mind.

I do feel that while changing in front of younger guys (age 18 - 25), I always get screwy vibes. Young guys will hang out in the locker room, and never change. I say this because I change in the locker room and I've seen younger guys watch me change, while they wait for their buddy to get something out of their locker. I find that rude to stare at me. Now I give them the "eye" - like fuck off you closet case - and they finally stop staring.

One time a yonger guy stared me down, and it first I didn't really pay attenntion to it, but I felt naked the next time I saw him. I ignored the feeling but then I finally got the connection he would follow me to my locker, after I worked out, to watch me change. And since the showers are outside the locker, he one time walked into me toweling off, and stared me down. And the stare continued on the gym floor the following week he saw me again; he looked at me like some peice of meat.

I finally have come to the conclusion this guy is a closet case, who is desparate to hook up with someone, but I am not that person, and the locker room is not a place for him to pick up dick. This guy also does the towel dance when he changes - go figure - he's insecure people will look at him change, and he seems to revel at watching me change. He's a freak with the same fucked up views of nudity that a lot of young guys seem to foster.

Of course, please know this is just my opinon, and I am not sterotyping all young guys as nudity paranoid. I've seen young guys who did not make nudity an issue, but there are quite a few who have got some fucked up hangups, and they project it in the locker room, where it becomes uncomortable to change in there in peace.

Last edited:

This guy also does the towel dance when he changes - go figure - he's insecure people will look at him change, and he seems to revel at watching me change. He's a freak with the same fucked up views of nudity that a lot of young guys seem to foster.

there are quite a few who have got some fucked up hangups, and they project it in the locker room, where it becomes uncomortable to change in there in peace.

I completely agree. I've had the same experience more times than I care to count. I still can't understand what happened to the good old days (in my experience - early 90s to late 90s) when it wasn't an issue at all. I sure don't get the younger generation's bizzare views and hang-ups about casual, same gender non-sexual nudity.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just read the other 18 threads on this topic for more feedback.... Search "locker rooms"...

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
I completely agree. I've had the same experience more times than I care to count. I still can't understand what happened to the good old days (in my experience - early 90s to late 90s) when it wasn't an issue at all. I sure don't get the younger generation's bizzare views and hang-ups about casual, same gender nudity.

Based upon what you say, I was wondering how did things changed so fast in just 8 years or so, from late 90s to now? The media hyped over-reaction to Janet Jackson's breast and the George Bush covering classical nude statues in the Justice Department government buildings administration? The whole spreading to the suburbs even of the rap and ugly prison-look-is-cool fashion trend that meant going from briefs and form fitting clothes to only the baggiest ugly very over-sized clothes, implying showing your body off in any attractive, nice, neat, positive way was wrong? Is it just a brief odd trend that will screw up one generation's sense of nudity and body image amongst their own gender and then/now soon go back to the way it always was for so many, many generations before? Was it an increase in so-called gay visibility bringing on a sort of gay panic at earlier ages among insecure boys not sure of their own sexual identity yet and not having any education about their being some fluidity in sexuality with not everyone being locked into gay or str8 for life?

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How much of an issue is privacy when you are stripping down or using the showers? Does it bother you to know guy may/are sizing you up even in a non sexual way or do you just chalk it up to part of the locker room experience?

I generally don't care if anyone sees me naked, but I do avoid the locker room at the gym if at all possible...I just shower at home since it's only 2 miles away...

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I generally don't care if anyone sees me naked, but I do avoid the locker room at the gym if at all possible...I just shower at home since it's only 2 miles away...

But the locker room has free hot water. At home, you have to pay to heat your own water. (Or if it's not free, then didn't you already pay for it anyway with your membership fee?)

But some shower clogs then probably are good, to keep from slipping and to keep from getting itchy Athlete's foot?

D_skeaflea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How much of an issue is privacy when you are stripping down or using the showers? Does it bother you to know guy may/are sizing you up even in a highly sexual way or do you just chalk it up to part of the locker room experience?

Kehehehehe.

Face it: If you notice someone intently checking out your naked body, they definitely want your peen.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But the locker room has free hot water. At home, you have to pay to heat your own water. (Or if it's not free, then didn't you already pay for it anyway with your membership fee?)

But some shower clogs then probably are good, to keep from slipping and to keep from getting itchy Athlete's foot?

BINGO ! thats why I always shower at the gym. There are times when, since my workplace is 1/2 way between home and the gym I'll stop by after work and grab a quick shower and not work out. Free water, towels, toileteries. Its a bargain.

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder if there is not anymore mandatory gym classes in the schools? My first exposure to the locker room was in the 7th grade. I got over any bashfulness after the first week. Since then I was required to take gym for 1 & 1/2 years in high school. After that 6 years in the Army Reserve where after basic and individual training we went to yearly summer camp and were housed in barracks for 2 weeks using communal showers.
Now I have been a member of a gym for at least 15 years and take a shower after every work-out.
So privacy in a locker room is a ludicrous idea. I
get amused when I see a guy doing the towel dance. I think he must be a sissy. I don't mind being seen, I also look, no big deal.
Maybe the younger guys aren't required to take gym and that could be why they are unomfortable nude. A guy who works at my place of employment told me he has never seen an uncircumcised penis! He has seen a picture of one. So I guess he has never been in a locker room.

LongandBigSub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I completely agree. I've had the same experience more times than I care to count. I still can't understand what happened to the good old days (in my experience - early 90s to late 90s) when it wasn't an issue at all. I sure don't get the younger generation's bizzare views and hang-ups about casual, same gender non-sexual nudity.

I first started going to health clubs in the mid-90s when I just entered my twenties. At the time I wasn't very assured about my body, and I remember men in the locker room, during the 90s era, often walked around naked. It was very common, and I never stared, but I never had the guts to do what they did by being confident about their bodies, nude. And often, men who worked hard for the bodies, proudly showed what the had, and rightly so.

Now a decade later, I'm in my thirties, and I feel confident about my body, and the workouts have paid off, where my body is aesthetically defined naked.

Yet the locker room dynamic has changed in gyms I have been too, where if I were to walk around naked, I attract shocked stares from younger guys, and creepy vibes from closeted voyeurs. At first I tried to ignore it, but I have finally come to the belief, there was a different attitude about nudity in the locker room in the nineties, where more people felt it was OK to be naked.

But now, the atmosphere has shifted, especially with younger people there, that I don't try to go against their beliefs, but just put on a towel and try to remain nudity-free as possible. I say this because I just got fed up with the reactions I was getting, and it seemed more peaceful to just cover up.

My membership also gives me access to several gyms in my area, since I am a member of Gold's, so I can go to different gyms. I now workout and change at a gym where the crowd is older, and there aren't any shocked reactions if men stay naked beyond two seconds from changing. However there are other gyms in my area that I could go too, where the atmosphere is much guarded about being naked, that I just opt to not be part of that atmosphere.

Personally I think the issue of privacy is a state of mind; it's all relative to what the general beliefs about nudity are for the people in the locker room. And I know that younger people have erratic views about nudity, where they make the locker room into a place of being guarded by everyone, under the assumption that everyone is gay, and they are going to stare you down.

Last edited:

D_Alfredo Hites

Account Disabled
Media
it's too bad that this has happened. i agree with you. it's hard to be comfortable naked in the locker room sometimes because the younger generation is insecure and there are those weird creepy gym trolls that assume because you like being naked in a locker room, that must mean you want something sexual from them.

i try to set a standard and notice that other younger guys at my gym tend to be more comfortable if they see other younger guys naked.

i also sense an appreciation from the older generation that i am ok with nudity, because they probably don't understand the younger generation's uneasiness regarding it.

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well said anf-studd...as I mentioned in another string....I like the freedom of being naked in a locker room and hope that i encourage others to feel comfortable. However, the phone numbers slipped into my locker, guys starring, winking pisses me off....

Yet the locker room dynamic has changed in gyms I have been too, where if I were to walk around naked, I attract shocked stares from younger guys, and creepy vibes from closeted voyeurs. At first I tried to ignore it, but I have finally come to the belief, there was a different attitude about nudity in the locker room in the nineties, where more people felt it was OK to be naked.

You are absolutely correct. Attitudes have changed since the 90s.

But now, the atmosphere has shifted, especially with younger people there, that I don't try to go against their beliefs, but just put on a towel and try to remain nudity-free as possible. I say this because I just got fed up with the reactions I was getting, and it seemed more peaceful to just cover up.

I have started doing the same at my uptight gym because I'm getting tired of the reactions that I seem to get for doing something completely natural.

My membership also gives me access to several gyms in my area, since I am a member of Gold's, so I can go to different gyms. I now workout and change at a gym where the crowd is older, and there aren't any shocked reactions if men stay naked beyond two seconds from changing. However there are other gyms in my area that I could go too, where the atmosphere is much guarded about being naked, that I just opt to not be part of that atmosphere.

I do the same. I frequent gyms that have a different mindset. Once my membership is up at my uptight gym, I plan to quit and go to the gyms that are more causal and open.

Personally I think the issue of privacy is a state of mind; it's all relative to what the general beliefs about nudity are for the people in the locker room. And I know that younger people have erratic views about nudity, where they make the locker room into a place of being guarded by everyone, under the assumption that everyone is gay, and they are going to stare you down.

Yes, you are right. There seems to be this idea among the younger guys that if you are naked for longer than 5 seconds, you will be gang raped in the locker room or shower.