No Reply

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
COLJohn said:
A point well-taken, Hatched69. I am often "guilty" of reading and being educated by a thread with numerous intelligent comments but don't find it necessary to clutter up the thread with feedback. It is somewhat daunting to arrive here in the midst of heavyweight thinkers who have known each other a long time and who have their own private frames of reference. I don't think that should deter anyone from posting, however. My take on this place is that the Old Guard are supportive, and few posters are out to degrade or belittle anyone except the occasional troll.

I do PM others from time to time if their postings resonated strongly with me, but, you're right: That probably isn't enough. Your posts, for instance, have always been interesting yet I haven't commented on them. I think the only way to deal with this is to understand that there will not be much dialogue in a thread most of the time. It is a forum to express one's opinion. Just having an outlet for your voice is valuable in itself, right?

Quite true.
I will say that most of the "regulars" on here do circulate amongst themselves and occasionally will respond to a "newbie", and that's fine. Getting the "newbies" to converse amongst themselves might be a way to "break the ice" and get them warmed up to the main forum. Perhaps another forum column could be added for just that purpose? But, it all goes back to the old addage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". You can't sit quietly in a corner and bitch about the world around you and hope it changes to your liking. You need to be heard, get your point across and maybe someone else who feels the same as you about a certain subject will gain the courage to be heard also.
Again, that's just my feeble-minded thought.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry to keep jacking this thread away from the lurkers, but I do think it can be a little difficult for new folks to "break in" here.

I think many new folks would be surprised at how much their posts DO get read. I am always looking for cool, witty new folks - we can never have enough! And there is always more room for new personalities once you've decided which of the long-term members you can just skip over (yes I'm talking about YOU :wink:).

I don't always reply to people right away - it often takes time to get to know what someone's about, how to take their sense of humor, etc. Also, it's no fun building a relationship with someone who's just going to disappear next week.

So my best advice to newbies who want to be "part of the group" is to keep posting. As has been said, 2 or 3 posts ain't gonna do it with all the traffic we have around here. One day you will suddenly realize that you have been noticed and appreciated. If it happened to me, it can happen to anyone. :rolleyes:

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Matthew said:
edit by hatched69
One day you will suddenly realize that you have been noticed and appreciated. If it happened to me, it can happen to anyone. :rolleyes:

Do we get :spank: or :popcorn: if we're appreciated?:biggrin1:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MischievousOne said:
I get what Hatched said earlier. I don't think he wants everyone to love him or respond directly to him. I post much the same way and certainly don't feel those desires. What he may be talking about, and which I certainly am, is how usually if I take the time to post something that hasn't already been said in a thread, it STILL gets skipped over as though it never existed, with people referencing the posts directly above or below mine. Maybe I'm uninteresting? Maybe I'm too out there? I dunno, but it certainly slowed me from posting when I started to feel like no one noticed if I did anyway. Besides, most of you are so good at covering the issues before I get there so I don't need to say much. :)

Well this post of mine serves a double purpose. To throw in my two cents and agree with most of MischieviousOne's post ( you see you do get noticed and you are not uninteresting).

I have only been here a couple of months myself and still quite often I shy away from posting for a lot of the reasons already mentioned.

Whilst I am starting to feel part of this board now there are some longer term members who quite obviously have their favourites and ignore most of what is said by others. Well that is fine some of these people have a history - both positive and negative. That's the nature of humans. Just don't take it personally.

Post away and enjoy -

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
a while back when I first posted that I was a newbie, there was a few that responded, and had quite a few "views" or the post.

there are plenty of people who don't like to post to message boards, they just don't feel comfortable doing that, my mother is one who reads message boards only, she doesn't want to post anything because she fears that some whacko will hunt her down, LOL.

Hatched69 said:
Quite true.
I will say that most of the "regulars" on here do circulate amongst themselves and occasionally will respond to a "newbie", and that's fine. Getting the "newbies" to converse amongst themselves might be a way to "break the ice" and get them warmed up to the main forum. Perhaps another forum column could be added for just that purpose? But, it all goes back to the old addage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". You can't sit quietly in a corner and bitch about the world around you and hope it changes to your liking. You need to be heard, get your point across and maybe someone else who feels the same as you about a certain subject will gain the courage to be heard also.
Again, that's just my feeble-minded thought.

Nomad

Experimental Member
Media
Matthew said:
So my best advice to newbies who want to be "part of the group" is to keep posting. As has been said, 2 or 3 posts ain't gonna do it with all the traffic we have around here. One day you will suddenly realize that you have been noticed and appreciated. If it happened to me, it can happen to anyone. :rolleyes:
I feel like I'm just starting to break the ice, after ~170 posts over a period of a year and a half. I have been away for stretches of time, though. Also, I had "tunnel vision" at first--posting only in threads that got me horny, rather than being more involved with this community in general.

Ummagumma

Experimental Member
Media
Nomad said:
Also, I had "tunnel vision" at first--posting only in threads that got me horny, rather than being more involved with this community in general.
That seems to be how many of us get our start here though. But if you only post in 'get you horny' threads, you only get noticed by 'here to get horny' types... and that's a big thing with the subject at hand: if you only come and post in threads like "how big are you" or "first reactions" or "your first time" or any others in that vein... many of the more popular ones here won't even notice you, as they tend to avoid those threads. It's not how often you post, it's what you post and where you post it...

Not to get off the subject, but if you make outrageous claims (not just the size of your dick, but crazy sexual stories, whether true or not) and have no proof to back it up, and no past post history to establish any truths, it's hard for people to accept you here. Many of us have rolled our eyes enough to the point of being jaded. You only get one chance to make a good first impression as they say...

Oh yeah, post pictures. I find it gets you noticed much quicker :biggrin1:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hatched69 said:
By no means would anyone realistically expect that you would do so. I am speaking for other members whom I personally know that have been members and now are not and left for different reasons, but it seems that a repeating comment made by people who have joined and left (some rather quickly) is that they get "torn apart" by the "regulars" on the site and it no longer becomes enjoyable. Case in point : BigJohn9X8. He didn't last even one month, nobody really got to know him. Perhaps his comments weren't what others were expecting, but it seems his point of view was squashed before he had a chance to explain himself. I recall the thread he started when he left, and it contained posts that would support exactly what I have just said. However, I will say this much: I take what's posted and tossed around on any forum with a grain of salt. If I don't like what's been said, I don't have to come back. The world generally isn't a friendly place, and most of the time, neither is the Internet. If I gain a friend or two on here, great!! I don't expect to, so I'm not disappointed if I don't. It's hard to piss off a pessimist.
I didn't join the site to get into a size contest, etc. (I know where I stand in the ranking, and there's plenty bigger, and I'm man enough to admit it), but I found it enjoyable and at times humorous to banter back and forth between other members. If someone cares to respond to my posts, fine, if not, that's fine too. At least I got my 2 cents' worth in. So, I would say that yes, if you want to be noticed, POST SOMETHING! And don't expect to welcomed with open arms.
That's my opinion, not that of staff and management.....

I've said this before on a similar thread, "Enjoy the fringe". :cool23:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
noface60 said:
Hooray! My thread has sparked intense discussion!!!:biggrin1:

If you're in need of additional LPSG publicity, I could always remind people to check out your sexalicious gallery pics as well. :biggrin1:

Ooops, I just did. :rolleyes:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
alex8 said:
If you're in need of additional LPSG publicity, I could always remind people to check out your sexalicious gallery pics as well. :biggrin1:

Ooops, I just did. :rolleyes:

Yes I have them as a collage screensaver on my PC.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I have sometimes felt unnoticed. :(

I think what the regulars and old timers have said about 'earning your dues', is quite right though! I didn't post for the first week and a half after I joined. Even then, I only felt comfortable enough to post in my favorite 'fluff' forum. (Celebrity Endowments) I've tried at various times to post beyond that (in more 'serious' forums), but I still enjoy my old standby!:smile: I guess I just want the attention of the "Old Guard".:tongue: So, I've been trying of late, to post where THEY post! I'm getting "quite comfortable" with that, I've been told!:wink:

It's like when you're in school and you want desperately to hang with the cool kids. (Although, I'm grown now, and am quite independent) I don't think that I REALLY have this desire, but I guess somewhere - deep down - it's there!:redface: If all else fails, like another poster said somewhere - I guess I can be the one that goes around kicking the cool kids' asses!:biggrin1::tongue:

COLJohn said:
Thinking in practical terms, KingLeo, I think all of us having the same dick would obviate the need for more bathrooms.:wink:

John, I just wanted to quote this in my reply 'cause I liked it and I didn't want to bother you with another PM tonight!:biggrin1::tongue: Having read your first post to this thread, I thought I'd just do it here, instead of PM'ing you again!:wink:

(BTW, you got all my winks and references above, didn't you?):biggrin1::wink:

Pensive Josh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, being a relatively new member myself, I understand that most of the members may not acknowledge my posts, and it hasn't bothered me much. It's just an interesting place to get things off your chest, and meet new people. If you're feeling ignored, be proactive and perhaps start a thread. People are always looking for new topics to discuss, and maybe something you bring up will spark their interest. That's just my advice anyway. :smile: