No Reprimands for Foley Scandal

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Lex, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

They found them to only be NEGLIGENT. Figures, right?

Nice to know that our self-professed "family values sector" of government has the best interests of underaged boys at heart. *eyeroll*

From CNN.com

2. Onslow

Gold Member

sounds about like the usual to me. Keep in mind nobody ever wants to acknowledge or take responsibility for sexual abuse or misconduct of any sort. This was true 40 years ago and will be equally true tomorrow and 40 years of tomorrows from now. If the miserabel slime was known to be doing this and the house clerk knew and got no action from the Republicans then it was his job to get the information out to the media and also to the Democrats.

Further there is no proper reprimand for this other than castrating all the men involved in keeping this under wraps, and the women involved (and I guarentee there are some) should also receive a punishment--just not sure yet what that would be.

Years ago when a camp counselor came after me I finally said something to a neighbor who took it as an invitation. 20 years later I said something to a preacher who a week later was hugging me a little too close. In othere words it doesn't ever seem to change. The world sucks and people wander through it with blinders on ignoring the screams around them. Would i have been different if it hadn't been for camp counselor Bill (who was a counselore as part of his sentance for drunk driving) or if former Navy man Jack our neighbor hadn;t rammed his penis up my rear after getting me drunk? Who the fuck knows. I'd still be a queer that much I know and I still would be an aging alchoholic but maybe I'd still have the other leg and I might not be as miserable all the time.

Mark Foley, Dennis Hastert and quadrillions of others have screwed too many people over for far to long and even castration is too good for the lot of them.

Sorry for the longwinded rant.

3. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

Longwinded, but rightfully so, because every single bit of it needed to be said. You hit the nail on the head with the statement I highlighted.

Our problem is that we (the world in general) are complete abject faliures at recognizing blatant truth when it hits us in the face. We as a society have begun to accept the fact that there's an 800-pound gorilla in the middle of the living room. Here's the sad part: We as a society have actually become comfortable having the gorilla around.

We as a people are failures on the most wholesale level at recognizing serious problems. While were on this subject, I heard a story on the news a few weeks ago about child abuse. Here's the truly sad part: They said in the report that the child should tell at least 3 adults. Because there's a good chance that 1 or 2 of the adults that the child (he or she) tells will do absolutely nothing about the situation. May I tell you: that pissed me off when I heard it. To let inocent children fall through the cracks like this is an outrage. Period. Inexcusable, indefensible, Period.

But until we as a society start to say "enough is enough", nothing will change until then.

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

As Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men:

"You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!!"

Sad, isn't it?

5. naughty

Gold Member

You know...

This really breaks my heart. I have heard toooooo many stories from grown men on this site alone of unpunished incidents of abuse that have irrevocably changed their lives. I am so sorry.

6. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sadly, i'm not surprised. Never is congress more non-partisan than when it is covering it's own ass.

7. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

Amen, you've got that right.:rolleyes:

8. Vestigial

Gold Member

Omigosh?, politics is suddenly about deceiving the public now?

Whatever happened to the good old days in the caves with stone clubs and things to smash for no reason :(

9. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

That's all it ever was about.:rolleyes:

Deception.

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Republican leadership couldn't be bothered to confront the Foley scandal until after it became public. Now they can't find anyone to hold accountable. They can, however, stay up until 4:30 am passing more tax breaks for the hyper-wealthy.

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

I also loved how little media attention this "news story" garnered. Now, if it had been a fully grown woman intern, that would have been punishable by death, right? Oh, I forgot, we only impeach Democrats...

Please, don't anyone EVER ask me why I'm always so angry. While these God-damned, soulless bastards are telling everyone else how to live, they're the very ones FUCKING OUR CHILDREN RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES, then changing laws to reflect that they're ALLOWED to fuck our children, and we do nothing to stop them.

Ignore it- you know you will anyway, why not start today? Ignore Abu Gharib, ignore Guantanamo, ignore Valerie Plame (do you even remeber who she is anyway?), ignore Katherine Harris' role in creating this quagmire, ignore all the seedy old greasy fuckers with their fingers in little boys' underwear- the whimpering stops eventually, right? Ignore the FACT that we went to Iraq seeking weapons of mass distruction that we never did quite locate, that we ignored the advice of the UN to wait for proof of wmds, that we have toppled an unstable nation into complete chaos. Ignore the money trail- who's getting the "rebuilding contracts"? Haliburton, that's right- Haliburton. Pretend you didn't hear that. Ignore the amount of reports showing that the buildings being built by Haliburton and subsidiaries are leaking fecal matter into the faces of their inhabitants. Ignore the fact that YOU KNOW that the Bush family and the Bin Laden family have been friends and business partners for over two decades.

What ever happened to Bin Laden? Ever wonder? Of course you don't! You're not supposed to! He'll be trotted out around 2008, with some new "serious threat" so that all you ninnies pissing your pants about terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrism will vote repug again, duh. You're so easily controlled, it makes me sick. I just love how you cover your asses for this fucked up shit by saying you voted for bush because he's against abortion- apparently once the little fuckers get born, you don't give a shit who rapes them though, right? I'm starting to dislike human beings more with every passing day.

Mark Foley is a symptom of a disease for which there is no cure. The only possible cure would be integrity, and we're under no threat at all of having that infect our society. I got so angry at the beginning because I just couldn't understand how so many americans could be so willfully stupid to just keep accepting all this bullshit and cover-up, but I'm getting the picture more and more with each passing year- it's not willful, is it? Most people really ARE that stupid.

12. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Intergrity.

A simple word with a deep, complex meaning.

Integrity is the value you place on yourself. It entails doing what you say you will do and not doing what you say you will not. It entails taking responsibility for your actions and their consequences--good or bad. Standing there in the light and being man/woman enough to accpet cupability and apologize if need be.

Most of our politicians and populace are too busy being self-loathing bastards to even have integrity. How can you have it if, if you don't vlaue anything about yourself? All you value is money and power.

Sadder still.

13. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

Well said, Lex:smile:

Thank you. I...needed that... Thanks...

For a great many of us, it's like a dark twilight zone-ish corner of our past that for the most part, we may never fully and completely recover from...

Draft saved Draft deleted