No results!? A bit concerned...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by sean9incher, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sean9incher

sean9incher New Member

Albums:
    I started working out three months ago. 1 month ago I started a working our four times a week, two days upper body, two days lower body with an hour of cardio three times a week.

I just looked at pics I took of myself on Oct. 2nd, and then pics from today. I can't see any difference... Does anyone else?

Attached Files:

2. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unless I need new contact lenses, the photos look to be 2 sets of the same photos, not 4 separate photos. Anyone else?

3. wannabigman

wannabigman New Member

your not working out hard enough. change your diet and look into a personal trainer

4. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Those pictures look pretty identical to me, too.
    In any case, one month is not a lot of time.
    The idea of getting a personal trainer is excellent. You will work out much harder and you won't have nearly as many plateaus.

5. sean9incher

sean9incher New Member

Albums:
    That's actually what I thought... but I checked the dates... which, is why I am... discouraged.

6. sean9incher

sean9incher New Member

Albums:

Yeah, I've worked with a personal trainer twice. Maybe I need to work with one more often. It's just so damn expensive.

7. Dal2AR

Dal2AR Member

Take a picture of yourself now holding a little sign that says the date...then in one more month. They appear to be EXACTLY the same in arm position, lighting, etc.

8. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    Three months is a little quick to see results... give it some more time. Stick with what your doing... as your starting off with a decent build it shouldn't take much depending on what your trying to do. You should also take measurements
    as the differences might be so minor that you can't see, but the numbers might show.

9. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pictures 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 look identical, down to the lighting and the shape of the shadows. A professional photogropher would probably have a very difficult time coming up with such exact copies in separate shoots, or even several minutes apart. Could this be a technical error?
    Dave

10. D_Gunther Snotpole

My thought exactly, Dave.
    Maybe the OP has accidentally posted the same pics twice.

11. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with those who have said that the pictures are duplicates. There is no way that you could take two pairs of photos and have every detail of pose and lighting come out identically like that. If you are frustrated at not seeing results from gym work, that's one thing, but as for the photos, this is either a mix-up or a hoax (and a weird one at that).

12. sean9incher

sean9incher New Member

Albums:
    Well, they were done in a restroom against the exact same wall. So lightng is obiviously the same. But I had no idea that I kept my hands in such precise locations both times. I overlayed them... and they are different... but only slightly.

Regardless.. what we are all saying is that there is NO difference what so ever.

13. rexcasual

rexcasual Member

The photos are absolutely identical, aside from the different croppings. There is not one pixel out of place when they are superimposed at the same resolution.

Put up real before and after pics and you might get some support, instead of these absurd examples.

14. snoozan

Gold Member

if i overlay them in photoshop they are almost exactly the same if i correct for scale and crop. there are some differences but they all look to be with scale and cropping. i can't do this if i try.

here's my result with the top layer at 50% opacity (the before photo) laid over the bottom layer:

Attached Files:

15. leenyc97

leenyc97 Member

Albums:
    Have you changed your diet to provide for the protein you need to build muscle?

You can focus on body parts more. Do chest twice a week (three different excerises, 3 to 4 sets each for each body part) and legs once. Next week do back twice and chest once. Followed by legs twice and back once. Then shoulders twice and chest once. You get the idea. Biceps on back days and triceps on chest days, or you can do arms on your leg day.

Do abs every time you work out. Lots of reps, three different exercises. No weight, just crunches, leg lifts, etc.

You may be overdoing it on the cardio too. Use the cardio to warm up only for 7 to 15 minutes (or until you break a sweat) on the days you are lifting. Make sure to stretch a bit before and after working out.

Eat some protein (15 to 25 grams) and carbs within 45 minutes after working out.

16. rexcasual

rexcasual Member

The OP cannot be serious if he thinks he can fool people into thinking the photos were taken a month apart.

Pathetic bullshit.

17. D_Adoniah Sheervolume

D_Adoniah Sheervolume Account Disabled

yeah they look the same. that said, have three questions:

1) do you FEEL any different;
    2) what are your goals for your regimen (lose or gain weight, endurance, size in various areas, etc...);
    3) what are you eating? keep a log of everything you put in your mouth for a week, including fluids. most people are surprised...

18. D_Gunther Snotpole

Maybe you could have a trainer just one day every two weeks.
    The trainer will give you great pointers on technique and will make sure that you keep challenging the body with weights that are near your true limits of strength ... so that you truly get near failure by the time you finish each set.
    I can get a trainer for $27 a session. I have no idea what rates are where you are.

19. sean9incher

sean9incher New Member

Albums:
    You know what? After checking the overlays again, the only difference was zoom factor. It HAS To be a glitch with the forum uploads. (or a glitch on my part)

20. D_Gunther Snotpole

Well, in that case, sean, you must have other pics you can put on.

Draft saved Draft deleted