No-Sex Pledges Linked To High-Risk Sexual Behavior

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Big Al, Oct 31, 2009.

  1. Big Al

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2,830
    Likes Received:
    6
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Central FL
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,][FONT=Verdana,]by George Atkinson[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,][FONT=Verdana,]

    Researchers have found that adolescents who take virginity pledges are as likely to be infected with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as those who do not take virginity pledges. The study, in the Journal of Adolescent Health, found that virginity pledges may even encourage higher risk sexual behavior such as unprotected oral and anal sex.
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

    Article continued HERE (As per the forum rules)
     
  2. Zeuhl34

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2,104
    Albums:
    2
    Likes Received:
    40
    Gender:
    Male
  3. Gl3nn

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1,457
    Likes Received:
    2
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Somewhere in the universe
    Ridiculous pledges. If you don't want to have sex, then don't, but don't make a promise that you might not keep.
     
  4. joeweekend

    Verified Gold Member

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1,740
    Albums:
    2
    Likes Received:
    98
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    US
    Verified:
    Photo
    Trying to bottle up sex is guaranteed to lead to explosions. Guaranteed.
     
  5. FuzzyKen

    FuzzyKen New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Messages:
    2,116
    Likes Received:
    6
    Gender:
    Male
    I remember many years ago a speach made to me in a High School Health Education class. The dissertation was on masturbation, and the instructor was an X-Marine.

    He opened the discussion with:

    How many of you masturbate?

    Nobody wanted to answer.....

    His answer was: About 90% of you do, and the other 10% are liars!

    In my High School three of the girls with the roundest heels were all daughters of local clergy. Their Fathers would get up on Sunday and rail on and on about the sins of premarital sex meanwhile their daughters were leading lives that simply made fools out of them. Two friends picked up VD from the daughter of a local Nazarine Minister.

    The pledges by such "candy bands" as the Jonas Brothers and all the rest are simply a publicity stunt by promoters to make parents just love the messages that these bands send. They are mere pipe dreams.

    The statistics on this are dead accurate, but the conservatives want to live in their dream world thinking that "abstinence" is even possible and is a viable alternative.

    Kids that are not repressed are far more likely to think than those who let their sex drives build to such a level that temptation is far too much for them to handle.

    Pledges and all the rest are nothing more than a political tool for people playing their own adjendas.
     
  6. Ramsey

    Verified Gold Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,172
    Albums:
    1
    Likes Received:
    10
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some people just ain't got no sex drive, and they can actually stay abstinent. But most others can't, for a variety of reasons.
     
  7. Principessa

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2006
    Messages:
    19,494
    Likes Received:
    28
    Gender:
    Female
    :dunno: Maybe it's pressure from parents and family to be perceived as the perfect teen/child.


    This is old news. I remember Bill Maher reporting on this trend when he still had a show on ABC.
     
Draft saved Draft deleted