No.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
It's funny how such a simple and small word can cause so much damage.

It can:

1) Break the heart of the shy guy in highschool, who mustered up all his courage to ask a girl to the prom.

2) Mess up the life of a kid with a scholarship, who just suffered an injury on the field and asked if he could ever play again.

3) Change the path of a woman, who applied to get her PhD and was turned down.

4) Anger the parent of a toddler who refuses to obey in a public setting.

5) Cause sadness to a child who asks their mother if they have any food for dinner tonight.

6) Force people to make decisions they may not have made in other circumstances.

7) Send a young man to jail for thinking with his penis instead of his mind.

8) Shatter the self-esteem of a girl who asks if she is pretty.

Sometimes one just needs to stop and be serious at times, you know? Thank goodness we have, "yes" otherwise, this world might be a rough place.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
On the other hand No can be a great word:

Did you love her more than me?

Will you hate me if I don't?

Do I have AIDS / cancer / etc.?

Did I fail the course?

and of course

Does my bum look big in this? :rolleyes:

The answer is not always the problem Jeff, it entirely depends on the question :smile:

Last edited:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Well done, ManlyB

I think it's a case of, "Is the cup half full or half empty??"

Two completely different interpretations of one simple word.

I love it.

Thank you for your input.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's funny how such a simple and small word can cause so much damage.I've seen many cases where people can turn a not into a YES

It can:

1) Break the heart of the shy guy in highschool, who mustered up all his courage to ask a girl to the prom.I've seen people blossom into a handsome man or stunning woman later in life

2) Mess up the life of a kid with a scholarship, who just suffered an injury on the field and asked if he could ever play again.I've seen people who have had to take a different road because one was closed and in the end it worked out better.

3) Change the path of a woman, who applied to get her PhD and was turned down.But she can apply again...maybe to a better school or program

4) Anger the parent of a toddler who refuses to obey in a public setting.Kids that age need to learn no...or It makes your other examples so much more shattering when they become young adults...because they never had to learn the word NO!

5) Cause sadness to a child who asks their mother if they have any food for dinner tonight.This makes me sad!

6) Force people to make decisions they may not have made in other circumstances.Someone once told me "We never set out to hurt you; we only made the best decisions that were available to us at the time" They were right!

7) Send a young man to jail for thinking with his penis instead of his mind.Should have learned that NO word as a toddler NO means NO!

8) Shatter the self-esteem of a girl who asks if she is pretty.Some of the girls I know in my teens and twenties have become some of the most chic and interesting people as they have gotten older, but they are armed with the knowledge that beauty is as beauty does.

Sometimes one just needs to stop and be serious at times, you know? Thank goodness we have, "yes" otherwise, this world might be a rough place.
And Bravo to all the people who would not take no for an answer and turned them into a YES!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
MB's post was better optimism should succeed.
jeffblack made me want to go find a tall building to see it really was true what they say about flying

It wasn't intended to be a sweet and silly post, x704. I was thinking about the meaning of a word, and when I came to the word no.... that is what I got.