Nobel Peace Price or Prize?

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Beautiful. So why can't the rest of us?

Do as I say.... not as I do.

Look, my point is that you're not changing a thing insulting him. There's certainly a difference between doing something and doing something while consuming energy, but it's still doing something.

Where to begin on this bloated hack... I'll say it again... if he REALLY cares, he'd spend every dime and every minute going after China (if you have ANY clue on the Chinese industry).

"ANY clue", give me a break. Heh, you don't have a clue, do you? I'm a poli sci major on track to go into foreign relations, and I speak four languages (one of which, incidentally, is Mandarin Chinese). I plan on involving myself with Chinese affairs. What're you doing, other than sitting at your computer lamely insulting anyone with an opinion other than yours? Nothing, I'd wager. Don't act like an expert, it may impress your mother, but in the real world it just isn't cute.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look, my point is that you're not changing a thing insulting him. There's certainly a difference between doing something and doing something while consuming energy, but it's still doing something.

"ANY clue", give me a break. Heh, you don't have a clue, do you? I'm a poli sci major on track to go into foreign relations, and I speak four languages (one of which, incidentally, is Mandarin Chinese). I plan on involving myself with Chinese affairs. What're you doing, other than sitting at your computer lamely insulting anyone with an opinion other than yours? Nothing, I'd wager. Don't act like an expert, it may impress your mother, but in the real world it just isn't cute.

Amazing, how you don't refute my point. Congratulations, odd... for a guy who speaks 4 languages, and the next ambassador to _____ is languishing on a big dick forum on a Saturday Night.... nuff said.

China is , by far, the largest polluting country.... and no I don't feel like Googl'ing up a plethora of facts on this. I do know, here in California .. they took a sample of air,..... and 25% of the pollutants were drifted over from China. And it's only going to get worse.... how do I know... I've made over 250% on investments in Chinese companies (how's your portfolio looking... don't answer... it's a jab at bravado).... I will stay in Chinese investments for AT LEAST the next 5 years. My IRA is to the hilt in whatever evil they are creating over there, and I've advised EVERYONE I know over the last 2 years to do the same. (in investment banking, by the way...how much did you pull in last year...again don't answer... you're on track for far much more greatness than I)

Seriously, I understand the awareness on pollution... it's a good thing...

is it worthy of the Nobel Prize? No.
has the Nobel Prize gone the way of the Oscars? Certainly/definitely Yes.
is global warming/cooling beyond human control... I believe so.
is being conscious of pollution a good thing... certainly yes.

Heading out in a few... enjoy your crusade during the evening....tell me where you're going to bury the leftover batteries in your hybrid in the interim....

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Amazing, how you don't refute my point. Congratulations, odd... for a guy who speaks 4 languages, and the next ambassador to _____ is languishing on a big dick forum on a Saturday Night.... nuff said.

China is , by far, the largest polluting country.... and no I don't feel like Googl'ing up a plethora of facts on this. I do know, here in California .. they took a sample of air,..... and 25% of the pollutants were drifted over from China. And it's only going to get worse.... how do I know... I've made over 250% on investments in Chinese companies (how's your portfolio looking... don't answer... it's a jab at bravado).... I will stay in Chinese investments for AT LEAST the next 5 years. My IRA is to the hilt in whatever evil they are creating over there, and I've advised EVERYONE I know over the last 2 years to do the same. (in investment banking, by the way...how much did you pull in last year)

Seriously, I understand the awareness on pollution... it's a good thing...

is it worthy of the Nobel Prize? No.
has the Nobel Prize gone the way of the Oscars? Certainly/definitely Yes.
is global warming/cooling beyond human control... I believe so.
is being conscious of pollution a good thing... certainly yes.

Heading out in a few... enjoy your crusade during the evening....tell me where you're going to bury the leftover batteries in your hybrid in the interim....

I'm not refuting your point, that's correct. It just isn't as horrible of a thing as you make it seem if you can step back and see the big picture.

You won't get a flame war from me, as I do have some better things to do at the moment. Like, ah, "languishing" here. Much as you are.

Good luck with your Chinese futures! :biggrin1:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
....tell me where you're going to bury the leftover batteries in your hybrid in the interim....

Yes, this is an interesting point. I am concerned that the total cradle to grave impact on the environment for a hybrid vehicle is worse than a small conventional one. I would love to own a hybrid but until I am sure about this, I am waiting.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
China is , by far, the largest polluting country....

I do know, here in California .. they took a sample of air,..... and 25% of the pollutants were drifted over from China. And it's only going to get worse.... how do I know...

I've made over 250% on investments in Chinese companies (how's your portfolio looking... don't answer... it's a jab at bravado).... I will stay in Chinese investments for AT LEAST the next 5 years. My IRA is to the hilt in whatever evil they are creating over there, ... I've advised EVERYONE I know over the last 2 years to do the same.

I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements.

You're concerned about pollution from China reaching the west coast.

You're also reaping high returns from investments in China, a nation ignoring the environment in its rush to industrialize, and advising others to do the same.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements.

You're concerned about pollution from China reaching the west coast.

You're also reaping high returns from investments in China, a nation ignoring the environment in its rush to industrialize, and advising others to do the same.

I can reconcile them for you. Money is all that matters, always was, always will be. There are people who would sell their grandmother for the right price. It's greed that's destroying the world, and us with it...