Nobel peace prize to Mr Obama

B_bigbanana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One big reason why I hate politics: it's a bunch of angry people yelling at other angry people and all trying to get their own way. Grow-up grown-ups. I'm neither democrat nor republican I go off of what a person has done and their character. Politics is flawed people trying to control flawed people. No, President Obama did not deserve/earn the Nobel Peace Prize. I sincerely thought it was a joke the first I heard of it. The Nobel Peace Laureate has lost their vision and reason on why the Nobel Peace Prize exists and its purpose for it. Sad. I wish Obama all the best, but I don't really think he knows what he is doing (especially long-term). President Obama is like a kid in a candy store, picking and choosing as he pleases telling us which is the best candy, only to realize a few hours from now he will get a stomach ache. I actually pity President Obama not for the back-lash of critics and 'haters' but for the future because even he, or anyone else, can't control the future; that as much as we like to convince ourselves we can. Yes we can. No, we can't. Time to wake-up, it's reality

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it says tons about how Europe sees us and how they want us to act. It is early. But the Pres did many Eurpoean tours in the early campaign and this got the ball rolling. I like the Pres and his family. I have no problem with this award. He sure has a list of stuff to do and has so much aimed at him with racists etc. I just wish him the best

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Idiotic to say the least.

If Obama were half the man that all the crowers claim he is, he'd have had the decency to decline it-which would have elevated him to an even higher star status.
So congratulations on an honor which may prove to be disastrous

Even more idiotic and illogical is your suggestion that Obama, already having a "star status" and good sense, would decline this prestigious award for the vain purpose of elevating his "star status". If he was very conceited and suffering from delusions of grandeur he would share your belief. Instead he accepted his prestigious award with humility. It would be pointless for him to decline the prize as that act would be yet another thing his eternal detractors would deride him for.

Last edited: