Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The idea that a body type is fit and others are not is also suspect. Muscles don't make health and a thin wiry smoker can be riddled with cancer.

VERY much this. There has been an overstatement of 'ideal' by the media. We're told what we should look like, and if we don't look like the ideal, we are somehow 'at fault.' Genetics play a HUGE role in what we look like and what our body tends to be. When I was younger I was an ectomorph. I.e. VERY hard to gain weight. Starting at 35, that changed. Now, Its easy for me to build muscle, but its also easy for me to gain fat.

Once I found my biological family (I am an adoptee) I found out that this trend persists in my maternal blood line. My great grandfather, and my great great grandfather are perfect examples. When I saw a picture of my g-grandfather I was like "Oh cool! That looks like me." He was 18 and just married. Then I saw a picture of him in his 90's. YIKES! He packed on about 100+ pounds and may have been 250 or so at 5'10". So yeah, I watch what I eat.

Regardless this focus on an 'ideal' forces us to try to turn our bodies into something we are not meant to be.

@Aithon, my BF, is lean, and muscular. He also has a nice hairy chest and the cutest treasure trail and it does lead to a real treasure ;). And its all natural. I love how he looks.

I'm 5'10, and about 160. I have some good muscle under my fat though. I do not have a societally approved body. My arms are pretty damned solid though, and my butt is really firm ;-)

But...and this is the important part. My bf loves all of me for what I am.

^^
||
This is what we should focus on. Be proud of what you are, and what you have. As long as your are alive you're good my friend. There are many people out there less fortunate than you. And they, in turn, may be more fortunate than others. Lets focus on what is good and not judge people for posting pictures of 'less than society's ideal.'

Reactions: Faunus and reuben36

Wine0

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I’m a bit flabby, I laugh, I love, I live and I’m over 50 and my hair’s turning grey and headed south. I have numerous guys from 20 - 60ish literally throwing themselves at me for fun. Be yourself and be attentive in bed. Your body isn’t the main thing here.

Reactions: Eleikon