Non-fit people: Why pose nude?

ncguy207

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Very disturbing topic. Why do so many people concerned about someone size? Looks fade with age but the heart stays the same.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Right, Henry. And 100% straight shows up when it probably oughtn't to as well, sometimes.

I've actually been tempted to say this for about a year now. This closet case has been working my nerves for a long time. I can handle his rudeness, but the blatant self-loathing is painfully obvious.

I've noticed that he took his not-so-impressive gallery down just before making this post. Coincidence?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've actually been tempted to say this for about a year now. This closet case has been working my nerves for a long time. I can handle his rudeness, but the blatant self-loathing is painfully obvious.

I've noticed that he took his not-so-impressive gallery down just before making this post. Coincidence?
Well, THIS incarnation was actually fairly well-behaved, at the start, and I thought he had "learned" from his past mistakes, but he's back to being exactly what led to his previous downfalls.

There should be some big blow-up soon, or this may even be it, he'll leave, and some back anew. That could be why his gallery came down.

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Not to restate the painfully obvious, but if the responses to this thread are any indication, he merely beat a lot of people to the punch.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...There is a preponderance of the non-fit posing nude...I don't think anyone should be ashamed of their bodies. But I had thought that there was some sort of cultural understanding that...people who pose nude are expected to be, at least, a little in shape, and at least a few years prior to retirement age.

At the risk of alienating people I respect and admire, some of whom I consider friends (and some of whom I'd like to become friends with) I actually kind of agree with henry. For whatever it's worth, I say this as an overweight person myself, one who was thin once, but was never fit, and never looked good nude.

I'm always surprised when I see a gallery full of pics of a really unattractive body, with apparently no effort made to find and accentuate whatever positive attributes that person has. I realize that there are some people in the world who will find that person attractive, but let's face it, those people are a minority. I can't help but to wonder why such people show off when they have nothing to show off.

I admire Northand's sentiment that all bodies are beautiful, but, alas, I don't share it. Moreover, I suspect very few people truly feel that way. Come on, people, there's a reason most of us aren't nudists. Most of us don't want anyone seeing our wrinkles and flabby bits, and we're not too interesting in seeing anyone else's wrinkles and flabby bits, either. There's a reason we try to find clothes that hide the stuff we don't like about our bodies, and enhance the parts we do like. There's a reason we worry about growing older and mourn our fading looks and have mid-life crises. There's a reason we spend a fortune on goops and goos and creams and lotions and vitamins and pills and ThighMasters and workout videos and all sorts of contraptions and potions that promise to keep us young and thin for as long as possible.

Also, there's a reason that most models and celebrities are young, thin, and in good shape. There are exceptions of course, but they usually play secondary roles. Movies like _Shallow Hal_ are the exception, not the rule. (Incidentally, I really enjoy that movie. I want Tony Robbins to "hypnotize" me the way he did Hal in that movie, so that I see only people's inner beauty. I'd be a lot happier and less lonely. YouTube - Shallow Hal - Tony Robbins) There's a reason why we oooh and ahhh over our favorites celebrity studs in the "Celebrity Endowments" forum, not to mention all the "Most handsome member of LPSG" type threads, which many of you have participated in and/or been nominated for.

We say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think there is some consensus about what is considered attractive. The vast majority of us have a preference for young, fit people with clear skin and proportional/symmetrical features. On women we prefer an hourglass shape and on men we prefer a triangular shape. Within those parameters, we all have our own individual preferences (e.g., some of us like hairy guys and some like smooth guys), and we all have own our set of exceptions (e.g., some of us like older or heavier people).

Most of us are well aware of society's standards of beauty, while at the same time recognizing that the standards of Hollywood and the fashion industry are unrealistic. Also, I recognize that certain standards have changed over time (e.g., women keep getting thinner and men keep getting more muscular). It's no surprise to me that many LPSG members might fail to meet Hollywood's standards, but meet or exceed the much more realistic standards of earlier generations. I think it's great that some those people have the self-confidence to show off by posting pics in their galleries. But some folks here are really out of shape (like me) and just don't look good nude, so I'm surprised that they post pics of themselves. I can understand showing off a nice body, but I don't understand showing off a bad one.

Please don't hate me.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Because non-fit people are beautiful too. How dare we judge someone by their body and grade them as a person before looking at their heart's?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Because non-fit people are beautiful too. How dare we judge someone by their body and grade them as a person before looking at their heart's?

Well, I love the sentiment, but I can't agree.
I basically like what Meniscus said above.
If we're talking physical beauty, it makes no sense to say that every human shape is beautiful.
Were that so, then it would be equally true to say that nothing is beautiful.
The beautiful and the less beautiful are on a gradient.
The meaning is found only by one's placement.
That said, an unfit, perhaps obese person can exude something that is beautiful. We may sense a beautiful person there. We may sense something beautiful in the air of alertness they give off. Or some sense that this person is very kind.
But that's very different from claiming that all bodies are equally beautiful.
Ideals of human beauty have been relatively steady over the millennia (not totally fixed, mind you ... so know that I'm not saying that).
If you look at a Greek statue, you may see the same ideals of beauty that hard-pumping adolescents are still seeking.
For women, the ideals have varied more than among men, but even there, we find something rather constant.
I sometimes applaud a gallery pic of a less perfect specimen, be they man or woman ... but never because they're beautiful.
Courage and self-acceptance and a host of other things that can come through in a photograph, are what appeals in those cases.
Perhaps these other things are forms of beauty.
I don't mind saying that.
But that beauty is not physical.
And it's good not to blur our categories and our thinking just to be nice.
It's not necessary.

(And Danny, of course what you say has its own truth; we shouldn't judge a person by their body. I don't mean to pick you out. You just made the last post, is all. But many people are fully aware of the difference between judging a person's body and judging a person.)

Last edited:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If only the perfect posted photos it'd be a fairly fucking empty gallery section. We can count on being physically perfect for a few years during our youth (unless we're prepared to put in a hell of a lot of work) and some people even in their youth never achieve perfection. What an arrogant little post Henry.

Incidentally why is Henry a gold member.?No verification pic there. he's mouthing off about other people looking hideous while not putting his money where his gob is.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
If only the perfect posted photos it'd be a fairly fucking empty gallery section. We can count on being physically perfect for a few years during our youth (unless we're prepared to put in a hell of a lot of work) and some people even in their youth never achieve perfection. What an arrogant little post Henry.

Incidentally why is Henry a gold member.?No verification pic there. he's mouthing off about other people looking hideous while not putting his money where his gob is.

That's very true.

Isn't it a bannable offense to take down your verification pic without telling a mod?

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think there are two aspects to this issue. One is about who we might be attracted to as a sexual/emotional partner, and the other is a more abstract idea about what sort of body,etc. we think is attractive. I've found myself being attracted to girls who are not exactly perfect but who I have a lot of commonality with, and I enjoy how they make me feel. Many girls who are just themselves are more sexually exciting than the perfect ones. I'd feel the same way about a guy.

The only thing I've noticed recently is there are a lot more guys posting here who are young and carrying around quite a bit of weight. That's just not healthy for you guys. From the opposite POV many male friends of mine have said that I'm too skinny and need to work out more and put on more bulk. The thing is though, I'm happy with my body and don't want to change.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I dont think all nudity has to be about sexual attraction. Im sure most here who do not have what is generally regarded as a great body are well aware of that fact. But posting their nude pics may just be a liberating experience for them. Or a way of sharing themselves in the most open of ways. Or just embracing the spirit of LPSG galleries.

You shouldnt assume theyre all attempting to provide premium wank fodder.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I remember a wonderful piece years ago on tv about one of the French Rothschilds. It was his birthday, he was in his 80s, and an old mistress of his was coming to celebrate with the family. He had a beautiful view on aging. The body changes with age but as we grow older we should learn to see the beauty within. I prefer to look for inner beauty now. A beautiful soul brings light to a dark moment in life.