Non-Nicotine Cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dooky, May 27, 2009.

1. Dooky

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  2. SirWill

SirWill New Member

Oh c'mon folks just quit.
    I did after 16 years of smoking 1.5 packs a day. I stocked up on 2 boxes of tootsie roll pops (100 count each) and Nicoderm patches.
    I DO KNOW EXACTLY how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop; one.
    One very long and very hard sucking lick to get to the center of that tootsie roll pop. That oral fixation can be obsessive. Yup.
    That was 13 years ago. I can look at cigs or people smoking them and wonder why in the frick did I spend so much money on those foul things? At the time they were just over 2$ a pack.

3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

i recently quit; but still feel strange and still trying to find something to do with my hands when I'm sitting around or at a bar.

Can taste a helluva lot better, too.

4. SirWill

SirWill New Member

I FORGOT, THAT is something else! My sense of smell and taste increased 10 fold. Seroiusly. I could smell the deoderant soap the person in the car in front of me used for awhile. Strawberrys oh yum - man OH MAN food was almost an orgasmic sensation to the palette for awhile. I could smell when an individual was just in a room by the cologne they wore where I never noticed the cologne before.
    I would go for a walk and would get one scent after another after another of food or a house or a person (the latter not always being a good thing) as I walked.

The sensitivity seems to have pulled back a bit, not so sensitive as much any more but thats OK.

Starinvestor, when at a bar bring some some tootsie roll pops or something similair with you, for reals!!! It is a good preoccupation for the hands and mouth. Non addictive as well. Drink water to keep your tongue from changing into the color of the sucker you are sucking on... hehe.

5. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

They aren't all nicotine free. You can get them without nicotine, but the popular ones are just free of tar and all the chemicals and shit that give you cancer. Those have nicotine only in them, which feeds your addiction without killing you, in theory.

Draft saved Draft deleted