Non-Religious Circumcision Poll

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
This poll is targeted at those that indicated they would circumcise their newborn boy in the previous poll. I am very grateful for your participation in the last poll and am looking forward to your honest answer to this one. This will be very helpful in shedding light on the decision making process on this topic.

Thanks

* Performed internet search and reviewed information. Found information to be conflicting but there was enough information to convince me that circumcised penises are cleaner and less prone to disease. I haven’t really looked in depth at the anatomy of the intact penis but generally I think I know how the major differences. I know that many believe that the penile glans of an intact man is more sensitive but this doesn’t concern me.

** Performed extensive research on the subject. Without reference to material I can right now name the major external functional components of the intact penis and describe their function and/or contribution to sexual response as applicable. I am knowledgeable about the cellular/nervous system structure of the foreskin. I fully understand the mechanical differences between intact & circumcised sex. I am fully aware of the potential negative consequences that can occur with circumcision.

*** Performed extensive research as above and I and I am aware that currently official medical associations do not recommend circumcision for health benefits. For example the AMA (American Medical Association) and AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) policy statement indicates that there is not enough evidence to recommend neonatal circumcision for health benefits. The Canadian Pediatric Society’s policy is that “There are no medical indications for routine male circumcision.”