Non-Trojan large condoms ?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Imported, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Imported

Gold Member

thefrench_h: I'm sure that it has already been discussed here, but we're unable to find Trojan condoms here in France (Europe ?). So no Magnum XL (the largest from what I've read)...

Any other brand/model to try ?

TIA !

2. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    Trojan Magnum XL condoms should be obtainable in France from various european suppliers by mail order, if you cannot find them in stores.

BigBoyCondoms in the UK will ship Trojan Magnum XL, or various european makes of larger condoms, to France or any EU country.   For their selection of large condoms, use this link (note that the page includes the extra small as well as extra LARGE, so scroll down):

http://www.bigboycondoms.co.uk/sassblank/pages/X Large.htm

Even if you do not want to order from them, links on this page provide the names and specifications of other large condoms, which you may be able to find in stores.

A few minutes searching (Google, etc) will turn up other mail order suppliers that sell Trojans in europe.

3. Imported

Gold Member

armand: Hi,
    I live also in France and noticed that it seems impossible to find Trojan Magnum XL here. I measure about a 8" circumference - 2 3/4" diameter (even more if really excited) at the base of my penis and all the extra large condoms I find here are still too tight for me. I think that it is time for the manufacturers to think about making condoms for men with a very big girth. Thanks for your help and information.

4. Imported

Gold Member

jsmith: Exactly! I mean, can magnum XL really be the widest condom available? Does anyone know of anything wider at all?!

5. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    Unfortunately, it will probably be along time before any wider condoms are made, if ever. In the USA, condoms theoretically must be approved by FDA to be legally sold. The FDA relies on a standard called ASTM D3492 to evalute condoms before allowing them to be marketed. This standard allows a maximum width of 54 mm, and a maximum length of 160 mm. So far, manufacturers have been sucessful in getting the FDA to approve longer condoms (Magnum XL are about 200 mm long), presumably because the extra length just stays rolled up. However, FDA appears less willing to accept ones wider than allowed by the ASTM standard, probably because they are afraid they will slip off of guys with pencil dicks.

To view the "industry guidance" used to guide condom manufacturers in making product submissions to FDA, see this PDF file on the FDA website:

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/ltxcondm.pdf

Page 9 describes the dimensions.

(Yes, I am a medical engineer...)

6. Imported

Gold Member

bradleeM: On the condom search in google and others will also point you to Durex.com and others. These sites do provide for custom purchases. A minimum qty of 250 each is required for a custom made condom.

that is what I would suggest for those who fall outside the range of the Magnum XL. It is worth the cost since they do provide safety against STDs , pregnancy, etc.

Better safe than sorry.

7. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    Be careful of the larger condoms sold by Durex. I saw their Avanti condom, which they tell you is 64 mm wide, seemingly considerably wider than the 54 mm shaft width of larger latex condoms. But, after I got the Durex Avantis, I discovered they are polyurethane, not latex, and do not stretch nearly as well as latex does. As a result, the 64 mm Durex Avanti actually fits considerably tighter than the 54 mm latex condoms. Depending on your penis shape, it may fit MUCH tighter than the Magnum XL, which tapers from 54 mm at the base to 65 mm at the tip, and has the good stretch of latex.

The Durex Maximum and Comfort are said to be very wide, but are not uniform in width. Most of the shaft ranges from 52 to 54 mm. It actually has a slightly narrow region in the middle. However, the end is fairly wide, at 64 mm, and are also a little bigger around the very base. This is actually slightly smaller than the Magnum XL. But, the Durex Maximum is made of slightly thinner latex, so it stretches more easily than the Magnum XL, and may therefore be more comfortable. However, you also have to weigh the possible breakage risks of stretching a thinner condom over a really big cock, or if you fuck agressively.

In France, Durex sells a condom called the Comfort XL. I have never seen these myself, as they are not available in the US. Supposedly, it is a latex condom 56 mm wide, which would seem to be a good, and possible slightly larger, alternative to the Magnum XL in France. However, if this condom is not tapered bigger at the tip like the Magnum, it may be tighter, according to your penis shape.

8. Imported

Gold Member

armand: I use the Durex Comfort XL, which seem to be 56 mm at the base and 52 mm at the head: it is the condom that actually can fit the best my shape, but it is still tight, almost at the base. I have tried different large condoms I can find here in France (I tried Durex Avanti, which seem bigger but make me loose the erection, maybe because it is hard to put it on my penis, due to the no latex structure?). I'm still hoping to find a bigger condom, but I guess I'll have to find it in another place... if it exists.

9. Imported

Gold Member

thefrench_h: Are we a big enough market for the condomd brands ?

I dnn"t know the percentage of oversized cocks in the world, but, from what I've read and/or heard from girls, it should be less than 3 %.

So maybe we have to create our own brand :) because Durex are usable for me but tight...

10. Imported

Gold Member

Jiri_Tha_Master: Hi, I am Jiri, I am 13 years old and I am from Amsterdam (the Netherlands). I am new here.
    In Amsterdam I can buy Trojan in a special condom-shop, and we also can order them by mail or Internet!

11. Imported

Gold Member

AB: Has anyone seen/tried the "Jeff Stryker Frixion Condom"
    (http://www.xandria.com/shop/product.asp?cat_name=Condoms&pf_id=2372) ?

It's supposed to "stretch to securely fit all sizes--up to 12-1/2" in length and 8" in width".

I guess it would be expectinging to much to hope for the euro-penis-fascists to put "EN 600" on this one.

12. Imported

Gold Member

13. jay_too

jay_too New Member

My dad travels travels a lot internationally. About 10 or 12 years ago, when AIDs was spreading like wildfire in the NYC area, he would pick up condoms around the world. He had three sons who were or wouild be sexually active, and he wanted to minimize the risk. The biggest were from Turkey and South Africa; in fact the large size from Turkey was unbelieveable. The older brothers were fixed...until dad read an evaluation of condom effectiveness (quality control). At that time, probably mid-1990's the best condoms were made in the usa by major manufacturers....so out went ineffective but comfortable condoms. Surely, one of the national agencies or a AIDs group has done a similiar study of today's...but this should be a major consideration.

So what did we end up doing to reduce likelihood of STD's? Do what New Yorkers do, ask, "Have you tested positive for HIV?.....or any other STD?" Yeah, some chicks flip out at first....but they realize it is cool to know. When I was in college, I started going for a monthly HIV test; and i still do. I will admit that in the bible belt, the technician who sees me every month does look kinda funny at this guy who deeps coming back for a test.

Footnote: Unlike the Brits, little 'ole southern boys like me wear rubbers on their dicks and not on their feet...using high falutin' words like condom is a stretch.

jay

14. Imported

Gold Member

HotCock007: Hi all. If anyone out there is also from Australia could you please advise me on what the largest condoms available in our country are? At the moment I am using Ansell Lifestyles XL and although they are 57mm nominal width I still find them to be far too short and narrow to be comfortable. Any information about larger condoms available in Australia and where to purchase them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

15. Imported

Gold Member

BigBoyCondoms: Hi Guys,
    I run Big Boy Condoms (www.bigboycondoms.co.uk) and became aware of this web site after a customer told me of this discussion thread which is how he found us. So thanks for the plug.
    I should point out to nayone interested that we supply several different brands of extra large condoms which include thicker, longer and both. We supply to all EU countries with free posting. We also supply a range of condoms for the less endowed among us. If you visit let us know where you us on our quick survey. If you are buying mention LPSG and I will include a freebie.
    Sorry about the blatant plug, I wont go on about it. I must say though that I am very impressed at this web site. At first I thought it sounded like a joke but its good to see so many people taking the issue of size so seriously. I must place a link on my site.
    Bye for now...

16. Imported

Gold Member

BIGBOYDAVE: I use a brand called LIFESTYLES LARGE
    there website is www.lifestyles.com
    They are in Quebec Canada and condoms are available all over Canada in most Drugstores or supermarkets They are also very inexpensive around 4.00 cdn dollars a dozen on sale.
    Have never had a problem with them either. I always place a few drops of waterbased lube on my erect penis before completly opening the condom and pulling it over my penis. It seems to help it grip better and feels like part of my natural skin. Oh and I milk out all the access air forcing it to the end of the condom Then lift a corner to release it otherwise it forms a large air bubble near end And Can cause a problem if not removed. They rarely roll back no matter how tight the hole :D

17. Imported

Gold Member

BigBoyCondoms: Hi Chaps,
    It has been said before but I will repeat it again. You can buy a wide range of large fit condoms including Trojan Magnum and Magnum XL at Big Boy Condoms (www.bigboycondoms.co.uk) You can buy online and they ship free of charge to any EC country. Just go to:
    http://www.bigboycondoms.co.uk/condoms/default.php?cPath=7

to see their full range (the old link mentioned previously is now dead).

How do I know, well I run the company so sorry if this seems a balatant plug but I am aware that there are a lot of guys out there who are desperate to find a condom which actually fits and I have personal knowledge of the frustration this can cause.

You may be interested to know that although Durex and the other main manufacturers are reluctant to produce an "extra large" condom, Durex have now increased the size of many of its regular brands. They are now refered to as "easy on". The "easy on" range are all the same size as the now discontinued Durex Comfort. So they might be worth a try.

Incidentally I make no apology for the high price we charge for Trojan Magnum (£9-95) and XL (£12-95) as we have to go to great lengths to obtain stocks as Trojan will not supply us directly. But if you want the best...

Hope this information helps a few of you. Remember to let us know if you heard about us here and we will include some freebies with your order.

Regards
    Ian
    Big Boy Condoms
    www.bigboycondoms.co.uk

Draft saved Draft deleted