Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
T IMG_1582.JPG
h IMG_1582.JPG
Just not the one's you thought. These aren't Syrians fleeing their war torn country to Europe. This is an historic foto of Europeans fleeing their war torn countries to North Africa during World War II. Change's your perspective to look at it this way. IMG_1582.JPG

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sorry correction
theyre escaping Wars
with less likelihood of other ones happening, maybe
F it, kill each other regardless, no matter what/who ..

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That photo might not be WW II but after WW II millions of Europeans were displaced trying to find their way home only to find their homes were destroyed or they were looking for their families. Others were freed from concentration camps. And some were freed from slavery, forced to work in munition factories. The current situation is the largest movement of people since WW II.

Just prior to the break out of WW II thousands of Jews tried to immigrate to North America. Both Canada and the US refused to help resulting in many been killed in camps.

Reactions: Perados

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No matter if the picture fits or not, the poibt he tries to make is correct.

And we doesn't have to go back too far in history... just remember the years around 1990. As Hungary opened its borders and thousands of east Germans used it to make it to west Germany. The years in the 1990s millions of Polands moved to Germany and Britain. Same counts for people from the Ukraine or Russia.

Ib the past 2000 years Europe always have been a place where people moved from one place to another. And the place to which they immigrated to always profited from them.

Yes, to integrate refugees is hard work, but next to the moral demand to help is it also a huge chance. We can profit from it.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Besides that, it's like history repeating itself..My grandpa came to America in 1912 along with buddies from Croatia who were fleeing the Turks who were rounding up able bodied men to fight in a War. My in laws Grand parents' left Greece a few years earlier for the same reason

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just prior to the break out of WW II thousands of Jews tried to immigrate to North America. Both Canada and the US refused to help resulting in many been killed in camps.
Weeellll..yes, the 1924 Immigration Act aimed to preserve the ideal American Homogeneity. This Act was maintained by a strong anti-Semitic movement in America. Personalities like Father Charles Coughlin, a controversial Roman Catholicpriest with a radio show, kept the anti-Jewish fervor alive.
History does repeat itself..

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

i am waiting for the millions of Yeminis to start there migratory routes to wealthy Western Europe
but thats being a lil naughty perhaps

never mind we cant all be like NZ and create a marine eco/murderous human free z zone of gigantic proportions ..
afraid your stuffed Eu region, overpopulation rearing its beautiful head ..

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media

Newsflash huckleberry, I wasn't unhappy to begin with. Simply pointing out inconsistencies in the story and photos. Anyone with a moderate level of intelligence can see that. So what's your excuse?

Recognize any familiar similarities ?

Similarities? No, not in the plural. Similarity? Yes, as in, they're refugees. So what's your fucking point? Oh, I get it, you thought you'd give me a history lesson in the obvious. Well, duh.

I realize the truth isn't welcome in large areas of this political forum and it's more about keeping with a popular circle jerk narrative, albeit a completely fabricated one at times, but sometimes the truth is as clear as a photo and or video (hint-hint).

And for the record I don't think for a moment the OP is purposely trying to deceive anyone. I believe it's more along the lines of, he saw the photo/story, appreciated the imagery and its message, and trusting in it simple wanted to share. No harm, no foul. However once the falsehood is discovered it is only right it then be exposed. I realize that the truth isn't important to your ilk, that what is of utmost importance is the propaganda narrative, but I'd like to think the OP is far more intelligent and mature enough to welcome the truth.

Fuck, I can't believe I had to explain all that. It would really save a lot of time and open up more constructive and engaging channels of discussion/debate if people would just stop jumping down other's throats over innocuous matters.

Reactions: TinyPrincess

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was it the smarty "pants" reference?
I made the assumption that ones ancestors, grandparents, etc. we're born and raised somewhere else besides the Island of misfit toys, and were also immigrants. Although, if you happen to represent the third generation Islander..I apologize.,

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Newsflash huckleberry, I wasn't unhappy to begin with. Simply pointing out inconsistencies in the story and photos. Anyone with a moderate level of intelligence can see that. So what's your excuse?

Similarities? No, not in the plural. Similarity? Yes, as in, they're refugees. So what's your fucking point? Oh, I get it, you thought you'd give me a history lesson in the obvious. Well, duh.

I realize the truth isn't welcome in large areas of this political forum and it's more about keeping with a popular circle jerk narrative, albeit a completely fabricated one at times, but sometimes the truth is as clear as a photo and or video (hint-hint).

And for the record I don't think for a moment the OP is purposely trying to deceive anyone. I believe it's more along the lines of, he saw the photo/story, appreciated the imagery and its message, and trusting in it simple wanted to share. No harm, no foul. However once the falsehood is discovered it is only right it then be exposed. I realize that the truth isn't important to your ilk, that what is of utmost importance is the propaganda narrative, but I'd like to think the OP is far more intelligent and mature enough to welcome the truth.

Fuck, I can't believe I had to explain all that. It would really save a lot of time and open up more constructive and engaging channels of discussion/debate if people would just stop jumping down other's throats over innocuous matters.

"...if people would just stop jumping down other's throats over innocuous matters..."

Innocuous matters? LIke how the wrong picture was used along with the o.p. which, apparently, makes the entire DISCUSSION (which incidentally you once again FAILED to address - surprise surprise) part of some "PROPAGANDA NARRATIVE of those of [our] ilk"??

Right.

BTW, thanks (once again) for giving a DAMN about the subject matter at hand.

Last edited:

Italian8inch

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, to integrate refugees is hard work, but next to the moral demand to help is it also a huge chance. We can profit from it.

It really isn't hard to intergrate European immigrants. That's where this comparison fails (it wasn't even factually correct which shows how leftist grasp at stawmans so quickly) In just the span of a few years the German, Irish, Jewish, Italian-Americans all assimilated and rose to equal standings with the Anglo Americans and since have contributed just as much to the nation. These were people from nations with only slight differences in cultures, they were usually of similar faiths christian/catholic and had similar ideals on human rights and freedom. The Syrian refugees you're letting in in an adundance? do not. That is the hole in this arguement. Infact their faith conflicts directly with the ideals of the European. For a society to work everyone must be on the same page. There is no room for citizens having loyalty to anything else other than the nation they reside in. When you don't have such unity you create a breeding ground for a mountain of social issues. Hence why Europe is having these problems with getting bombed and having immigrants prance through the street shouting death to their countries. This is the problem with European politics, you hold everyone else in the world to the same standard as you and that's just completely naive. This debate touches up a bit on that and as you can see even here the Danes argued sensibly while all the Swedes could do is accuse them of racism, and deflect all their valid points with "but we must help them".

Last edited:

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@Italian8inch
Sorry but you are wrong...
It was very hard to integrate european migrants in the USA.
Just for example, till WW1, "Americans" thought it's impossible to integrate Germans in the society. Germans refused to speak English, or accept American culture or get in close contact with "Americans".
But as the USA joined WW1, the Germanis had to desite, would they see themself as Germans (and be an enemy in their new home) or would they become "Americans"... they desited to become Americans.

It's always a tuff job to integrate people in a society, for both sides... but the mist important point is, to be willing to integrate/get integrated

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And the terror is all around the world...

Just remember the Boston marathon (Oklahoma bombing), the terror in 2010 in Bombay, the Subway attack in Tokio in the 1990s. It has nothing to do with migration.

And you think protestants and Catholics are friends? Have you visited North Ireland in the 1990s? Or why do you think so many protestants have left europe between 1700 and 1900? Definitely not because they liked the Catholics so much.

And the islam isn't able to get combined with "humanity" "liberalism"? You may should read about the golden age of Islam and compare it with the Europe out of the same age... you will be surprised.

Reactions: Boobalaa