north east of Scotland men

scotia

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Any one from north east of scotland im going up there for the oil exhibition in Aberdeen soon, any good places to go in evening? or what do you recommend i could do?

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I live in Aberdeen, I'm studing computing at the Unviersity here.

Good pubs are "Slain's Castle", in an old church on Belmont Street and "The Moorings" which is on Trinity Quay at the harbour, those are my favorate haunts. Also "Ma Cameron's" just off Belmont Street does great pub lunches.

To see, well there are a lot of nice buildings in Aberdeen, the University of Aberdeen campus in Old Aberdeen is very nice. Marshall College in the centre of town in the second largest gothic building in the world and quite a sight. And the exibition centre where the oil conference is is quite an impressive buidling, but it's in an arse ugly end of town.

Down near the Aberdeen Market is an interesting area, because you an see where they basically plopped the main street (Union Street) over the old town, so buildings which look 4 of 5 stories high from Union Street are actually 10+ because they go down so far below the street level, and you can see that from outside the Market.

There's also the Art Gallery, which often has good exibitions on.

I'd reccommend exploring the centre of town down to the docks if you have an eye for architecture really, a lot of Gothic, Art Deco and even Art Neveau buildings and there are loads of little back streets and walks which are interesting and exciting to travel around.

Apart from the history and the pubs, there ain't all that much else to do in Aberdeen to be honest, except turn stoney faced and grey from all the granite in the Granite City. :p