North Korean torpedo sinks South's Ship: An act of war

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone else find this really disturbing? The U.S. has like 29,000 armed service personnel there and lets face it: North Korea is unpredictable and Kim Jong Il is a looney with nukes. I am not being alarmist, but this is rather unnerving.

ttp://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10129703.stm

A North Korean submarine's torpedo sank a South Korean navy ship on 26 March causing the deaths of 46 sailors, an international report has found.

Investigators said they had discovered part of the torpedo on the sea floor and it carried lettering that matched a North Korean design.
Pyongyang rejected the claim as a "fabrication", South Korea's Yonhap agency reported.
It said the North threatened war if sanctions were imposed by the South.
But South Korean President Lee Myung-bak pledged to take "stern action" against the North.

The White House described the sinking of the ship as an "act of aggression" by North Korea that challenged peace.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the report was "deeply troubling".
The Cheonan went down near the disputed inter-Korean maritime border, raising tension between the two nations, which technically remain at war.
The shattered wreck of the 1,200-tonne gunboat was later winched to the surface, in two pieces, for examination.

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I am a fairly regular visitor to S. Korea and I have to say that the North is just beyond any reasonable comprehension. I think that this is their style and stance. Just be completely unreasonable and deny anything and everything whilst making ridiculous counter claims.

I keep hoping that China will finally lose patience with them or rather not see them as a convenient diversion and counter weight.

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BBC News - South Korea plans 'prudent' response to warship sinking

"Seoul cautious over ship sinking"

Ideally, I want N. Korea to pay dearly for having a government of the worst human beings imaginable and for getting away with what they've gotten away with over the past 60 years (but in a way that they pay and nobody else does).*crosses fingers*

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its ok. The US has fought a war there before, and will be looking to avenge that draw
:mad1::rocketwhore::rambo::mischievous:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I doubt China is going to allow an all out war right on their doorstep. Not anymore, anyway. I'm guessing they're going to rein in that crazy little midget from NK

I agree. Whatever happens i think international pressure will be on China and maybe Russia to deal with any fallout from this. US and Europe are too busy in the Middle East to have any extra military engagements right now.

This could provide the Iranians with a little cloud cover if eyes focus elsewhere, not to be cynical or anything but we can't afford to take our eyes off the biggest ball.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree. Whatever happens i think international pressure will be on China and maybe Russia to deal with any fallout from this. US and Europe are too busy in the Middle East to have any extra military engagements right now.

This could provide the Iranians with a little cloud cover if eyes focus elsewhere, not to be cynical or anything but we can't afford to take our eyes off the biggest ball.

There are still about 30,000 or so American troops stationed in South Korea, in addition to naval forces in Japan- not to mention the fairly large South Korean military. BTW nice new avatar. YUM @ your hairy chest! :biggrin1:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are still about 30,000 or so American troops stationed in South Korea, in addition to naval forces in Japan- not to mention the fairly large South Korean military. BTW nice new avatar. YUM @ your hairy chest! :biggrin1:

Even still, North K's army is over a mill strong and by all accounts relentless.

Oh and thx :redface::biggrin1::wink: still not a patch on your fine torso mr. :cool:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I doubt China is going to allow an all out war right on their doorstep. Not anymore, anyway. I'm guessing they're going to rein in that crazy little midget from NK
It would be a very refreshing change if China took that Don King hair wannabe and either laid down the law with him or give him his own comeuppance. Only time will tell.