northern & southern bi/gay guys

D

deleted3782

Its hard to answer this question without incorporating stereotypes, but generally I'd say southern guys are more rural, they might relate to each other in more traditional ways, maybe relying on straight relationships as a role model (tops and bottoms). In contrast, northern guys might have a tendency to be more urban, and relate to each other in their own self-defined ways. Generally speaking, I think southern guys tend to grow up a little more sheltered, and tend to be a little more closeted, and sometimes overcompensate for their homosexuality by being super masculine (cowboys and bikers) or super feminine (drag queens and impersonators). Lots of the guys I've met up north from cities sometimes have gay role models from an early age through family or teachers, and can be more "middle of the road".

Again, huge generalizations...of northerns (primarily northeastern cities) versus southerners (primarily Carolinas) from which I have first-hand experience in both.

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Have any southern guys here had bf's who were northern? Or have any northern guys had any bf's that were southern?

I don't know why, but to me it's sexy that all the differences between cultures, language, attitudes, upbringing, etc. that the universal language bridges all differences.

I had a buddy from NY that I used to fool around with a lot. We had a lot of fun kidding each other about "yankee idiot" or "redneck hillbilly" and stuff like that. Always in fun. We hung out a lot too. We just pretty much couldn't wait to get our cocks inside each other any chance we got.

Anyway, I guess it's just something that's a turn on to me for some reason.

draw22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Its hard to answer this question without incorporating stereotypes, but generally I'd say southern guys are more rural, they might relate to each other in more traditional ways, maybe relying on straight relationships as a role model (tops and bottoms). In contrast, northern guys might have a tendency to be more urban, and relate to each other in their own self-defined ways. Generally speaking, I think southern guys tend to grow up a little more sheltered, and tend to be a little more closeted, and sometimes overcompensate for their homosexuality by being super masculine (cowboys and bikers) or super feminine (drag queens and impersonators). Lots of the guys I've met up north from cities sometimes have gay role models from an early age through family or teachers, and can be more "middle of the road".

Again, huge generalizations...of northerns (primarily northeastern cities) versus southerners (primarily Carolinas) from which I have first-hand experience in both.

very nicely said:rolleyes:! like if i compared umm...matthew mcconahey and ashton kutcher:confused:. but the sheltered and more urban hit right on point though:biggrin1:

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always thought Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota guys were hot.