Norway

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Beautiful landscapes, winters as cold as a Mother Superior's panties, slightly stodgy food, wonderfully friendly people, and prices that are far from the cheapest in the world.

A typical blend of positive and negative, as anywhere in the world. I'm sure a few native Scandinavian LPSGers will be along shortly to condemn my one-sentence overview! :rolleyes:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Prepare for a country where the sideways are being heated against freezing during winter, cows can rest on mattresses, the food is as fishy as in most northern countries, and where generally no one knows where to put the budget surplus. Also, you can't drink alcohol as cheap as in other places. But the nature is beautiful, after all, so it might be worth moving there.

Anyone knows whether Norwegian men have bigger than average dicks? :wink:

MidusCo.

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lets see, Heavy metal underground big time. Lots of churches, wonder how that one worked. Lots of fish. Beautiful landscape, and possibly running into me lol.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fish, salt fish, pickled fish and potatoes and pickled cabbage.

Beer at $10 a time.

Lovely cultured well educated people.

The Norwegians I know like to do cross coutry ski marathons before breakfast.

londonredhead

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of the most stunning countries in the world - the scenery is breath taking. Norwegians are a very friendly bunch of people, I've been twice and had a great time.

Enjoy!

PS Not sure about the Norwegians been hung but the Danes sure are!!

snobbes

Sexy Member
Media
It all depends on what part of Norway U goin to. most likely Ur goin to Oslo, the capital. then its no need to worry about the fishy food nor norvegian spesialities, you gonna have a real hard time finding any of it. Oslo had more Thairestaurants than genuine norvegian places to eat. not to mention, a sushi bar at every second corner.. french, italian, you name it , anything but norwegian. the coastline has more fish on the menue, tough. As for heated sidewalks, yeah some places in Oslo, while the coastline only has a few days of snow each year. Rural areas is generally is not that cold, yes a few months a year with tempratures around or below freezingpoint, Northern parts , more extreeme, Kindergarden for all childeren is close to the truth, schooling is free for children, medical care is vertially free, ( go see the dentist before U leave) , As for norvegian beeing better hung, I don't think so OK anything else?, just ask, all norvegians under the age of 75 speaks english pretty well...

tygrrr

Just Browsing
Media
Since I am a Norwegian I though I'd add a few words - allthough most that ought to be said has been covered already.

Oslo is considered to be one of the most expensive cities in the world, which doesn't mean that you can't find anything at good prices here, because you can. If you just follow the 'tourist track' around town, you'll feel ripped off pretty quickly, but if you take the time to look around a bit, you'll find it isn't necessarily all that bad.
If you smoke: bring the allowed quota of cigarettes!! Tobacco is burdened with a quite extreme state tax here and the prices are ridiculously high. Same with alcohol.

Most Norwegians are friendly people, and like Snobbes say, most speak English, so you'll have no trouble finding your way and getting around. The landscape is astounding in many parts of the country - and particularily up north. The distance from the southern part of the country to the northermost at North Cape, is about the same as the distance from Oslo to Rome (!)- there's a wide variety of nature for sure.

Norwegian food isn't all that spectacular, but DO try out reindeer meat and some of the special dishes with wild game. At a restaurant it'll definitely cost you though :biggrin1:
If you're feeling adventurous you could try out 'smalahove' which is cured and smoked sheeps head, the eyes are supposed to be especially delicious. I, myself, have never felt quite that adventurous. - But there's other 'weird' (for other nationalities) stuff I find quite tasty... :cool:

As for ClaireTalons question, I really can't say whether Norwegian men have bigger than average dicks. While this is so in my experience, I really can't claim to have shagged them all :eek: :biggrin1:

Summer is definitely the best part of the year here, but if you hurry here, AussieRules, you'll catch the most spectacular part of autumn. And for hiking and fishing, do visit the famous mountain range Jotunheimen, the 'Home of the Giants'. You haven't really been in Norway until you have experienced one of the mountain areas here... Welcome! :biggthumpup2: