(Not a story) Epiclust.com up for renewal...

floopypoo22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have enough money to burn any at this point, but I just thought I'd mention that the epiclust domain is available in case any of you felt like reviving it...

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
As much as many of us enjoyed that site it was also far too easy to find with that name by people who felt it their personal duty to shut it down.

The onwer of that site had the site literally hacked, he had viruses implanted, he had the entire site destroyed by hackers multiple times, and with zero profit he came back again and again until it finally became obvious to him that he was fighting a losing battle.

The site had most of the stuff that interested many of is and did have PE in it too, I most certainly hope that if it is somehow revived by the original owner, and that the next time it is something that those who want the contant can find and those who are there only to harm and pollute can't.

I am certain that it will spring up again after things die down long enough for a name change and a complete remodel.

Sometimes the most obvious name is more trouble than it's worth.

floopypoo22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As much as many of us enjoyed that site it was also far too easy to find with that name by people who felt it their personal duty to shut it down.

The onwer of that site had the site literally hacked, he had viruses implanted, he had the entire site destroyed by hackers multiple times, and with zero profit he came back again and again until it finally became obvious to him that he was fighting a losing battle.

The site had most of the stuff that interested many of is and did have PE in it too, I most certainly hope that if it is somehow revived by the original owner, and that the next time it is something that those who want the contant can find and those who are there only to harm and pollute can't.

I am certain that it will spring up again after things die down long enough for a name change and a complete remodel.

Sometimes the most obvious name is more trouble than it's worth.

What reason did people have for targeting this site specifically? I can't see why a size-specific website would be a greater candidate for corruption by hackers than any other site on the web, does someone here who is more web-savvy than I want to explain this to me?

callioperos

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What reason did people have for targeting this site specifically? I can't see why a size-specific website would be a greater candidate for corruption by hackers than any other site on the web, does someone here who is more web-savvy than I want to explain this to me?

Easy : the owner allowed drawings and stories depicting under-age people. The website had some good stories, but it's not like it didn't deserve it by promoting pedophilia.

floopypoo22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Turns out a blog with the same name has resurfaced at epiclust.blogspot.com with pretty hot stories and also 3D comics!
:)

Yeah, I check that one semi-regularly, but it is rarely updated, and when it is, it seems to only feature submissions from 2 or 3 authors tops. The nice thing about the original site was that anyone could submit something whenever they liked without having to send it to the website owner first. I used to love the stories by BigTimmy, but it seems that lately he's just rehashing the same basic idea over and over. Still, he gets a lot of credit for trying to revive it, anyway.