Not Again

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm so frazzled with this one. My mom lives just outside of Corpus in a house that certainly will not withstand a hurricane, but she refuses to leave b/c she doesn't want to leave her 4 dogs and 1 racoon behind. I just don't get it. How can a person's life be worth risking for her pets?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I believe this to be one of the largest storms in a very long time.

175mph wind is nothing to screw with. it will level homes in its path, not to mention the power of water behind it.
You'll be amazed at how far Items will travel.

Get out of dodge while you still can.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'd load her butt up in the truck/van with the dogs (and the coon if its friendly) and force her to leave.

It's not easy loosing a parent, and knowing you could have helped is worse.

My Prayers to you and your Family.

C

Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Sep 22 2005, 08:03 AM
I'm so frazzled with this one. My mom lives just outside of Corpus in a house that certainly will not withstand a hurricane, but she refuses to leave b/c she doesn't want to leave her 4 dogs and 1 racoon behind. I just don't get it. How can a person's life be worth risking for her pets?
[post=345599]Quoted post[/post]​

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not that simple since I live in NY, otherwise I'd drag her out by her hair personally. I've already lost my dad and even though my mom grates on my nerves quite frequently these days, I'm not ready to get rid of her yet. Luckily it looks like Corpus is in the clear for now though. *fingers crossed*

This is supposed to be the biggest hurricane that's hit Texas - at least that's what they were saying when it was still a category 5.

Chimera - what the hell are you still doing there?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Sep 22 2005, 10:57 AM
I don't think my area in Houston will be hit too hard. :happy:
[post=345640]Quoted post[/post]​

No? My buds in the Houston/Conroe/Plantersville area have already warned me not to be surprised if the Texas Renaissance Festival is cancelled this year due to the faire site being swept away by Hurricane Rita.

What really sucks is the people who relocated to Houston after Hurricane Katrina now being advised to evacuate Houston because of yet another hurricane.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Sep 22 2005, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Sep 22 2005, 08:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl@Sep 22 2005, 03:56 PM
Chimera - what the hell are you still doing there?
[post=345703]Quoted post[/post]​
I am just going to hunker down. Wish me luck, huh? ;)
[post=345706]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Just remember, you don&#39;t have to be in the center of a hurricane to experience damage. A local case in point...

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/m...politan/3049026

Pic of Galveston after Carla made landfall in 1961, 100 miles to the southwest. I&#39;ve seen similar shots of Kemah from that storm, which is even further away.