Not fair - my employer won't let me...

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all, don't get yoru faced pierced. It looks dumb.

Second, it's your choice. Which is more important to you - the piercing or the job? It really is a choice YOU make. That's part of being an adult.

You're right. Everything is not always fair. You need to learn to accept it.

If you worked for me and you asked, I'd tell you no, too.
If you worked for me and you're as good as you say you are, I'd keep you on.

It's your call, son. Step up to the plate and make the call.

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here in the state of California, employers have the right to set conditions of employment. So if they say no facial piercings, then you can't get a facial piercing and expect to continue to work there.
If it's that important to you, find another job where they do allow it.

D

deleted213967

...get my eyebrow pierced.

I've wanted for some time now to get it done but because of the time needed for the piercing to heal it means that i would need to leave it in whilst i am at work for the first few weeks. I asked my boss if i could have permission to do it and was refused. It's not fair surely!

Yesterday conversion to Islam, now this extra hole thing...You don't need to reinvent yourself every day, ya know...

:spankme:

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
My neighbors grandson was looking for part time employement at several of the big box stores in town so that he could purchase books for his classes and pay a portion of his tuition at a local college. He is bright and articulate, but his applications for employment were rejected. I suggested that he shed the baggy tee shirts and oversized jeans and wear a pair of dress slacks and a button down shirt to his next interview. He got the job. His potential employers did not want to hire someone who looked like a thug. They were concerned about their business reputation in the community and so, I am sure, they hired someone who was more conservatively dressed. It's a fact of life.

I worked for a large corporation for 23 years and I was required to observe an office dress code. Mitch, you need to decide what is more important; paying your bills on time and having money in the bank or being able to dress and appear as you desire.

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yesterday conversion to Islam, now this extra hole thing...You don't need to reinvent yourself every day, ya know...

:spankme:

Say what? conversion to Islam? Where did ya get that from? lol

I'm not even weighing in except to say that Mitch, you're too cute to put holes in your face.

Thank you :redface:

It's the holes that he already has that I'm enamoured with :biggrin1:

Ever the charmer! :biggrin1:

I know. They were half the reason I went to England.

:redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First of all, don't get yoru faced pierced. It looks dumb.

Second, it's your choice. Which is more important to you - the piercing or the job? It really is a choice YOU make. That's part of being an adult.

You're right. Everything is not always fair. You need to learn to accept it.

If you worked for me and you asked, I'd tell you no, too.
If you worked for me and you're as good as you say you are, I'd keep you on.

It's your call, son. Step up to the plate and make the call.

I'll step up and i shall choose to get my nipple done instead, no wait i won't, i'll not get one, i just watched a movie where a guy has both his nipple rings yanked out, blood everywhere so no.

Boss 1 Mitchy 0

I wonder if i could where a bandana? :rolleyes::biggrin1:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Contact the state Labor Commissioners office (or whatever your state calls it). They can explain the legal rights of the (potential) employee and of the employer.

go directly to the source and find out what rights you have.