not good news

honeydew

Experimental Member
Media
I had a mammogram on Wed followed by an ultrasound , both of which had bad results. I am scheduled for a biopsy to see if I have breast cancer on Fri 26th. I work were I help athletes when they are injured, rehab, tape, brace, work hard to return to there sport. I know what it is to be hurt, have surgery, never blinked an eye, I can overcome anything, yet I am totally numb from feelings at this point and scared. I have been the leader, initiater, strong one etc etc, and I find it would be nice to crawl into some arms and just be held now.
Just passing on my thoughts. If you all are in a position to be a friend to someone in this position.. do it!!!!

Honeydew.

Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honeydew, I can totally understand how you are feeling, all the different emotions that are there right now. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2006. My email address is carol_perina@yahoo.com.au if you want to drop me an email and talk that way.

The main thing is to stay strong and be positive about the result no matter what the biopsy shows. It is easy to say but you can do it.

I am praying for you. Let me know how you go.:smile:

bigjpgh

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I will second your thought that whatever comes of this, you can rise above. My grandmother and two aunts are breast cancer survivors due to early detection, but another aunt passed because she waited too long to get checked. Prayers are with you.

klyn67

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All of our thoughts and prayers are with you, Honeydew............ *HUGS

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a mammogram on Wed followed by an ultrasound , both of which had bad results. I am scheduled for a biopsy to see if I have breast cancer on Fri 26th. I work were I help athletes when they are injured, rehab, tape, brace, work hard to return to there sport. I know what it is to be hurt, have surgery, never blinked an eye, I can overcome anything, yet I am totally numb from feelings at this point and scared. I have been the leader, initiater, strong one etc etc, and I find it would be nice to crawl into some arms and just be held now.
Just passing on my thoughts. If you all are in a position to be a friend to someone in this position.. do it!!!!

Honeydew.
My thoughts are with you, as are my prayers. If it is indeed cancer, know that the medical world has advanced greatly in recent years, increasing your odds of beating it. Know also, that there are persons here who have overcome cancer through surgeries and treatments and can be here as part of your support team (as can all members of LPSG). I beat stomach cancer 2 years ago even though it was figured I was a goner. As killerb has said, think positive, healing thoughts. A positive outlook is one of the biggest keys to recovery and survival.

Keep us aware and reach out as needed.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG you poor thing!

Go out and get a hug right now!
Go on! There has got to be someone can give you a lovely, cuddly, reassuring hug right now... even if it's the next door neighbour or the guy at the drugs store :cool:

But positive thoughts coming your way.
The waiting for the biopsy and the results will seem to go really slowly but just keep busy and distract yourself... think of lovely things... nice places to go, things to see. Go for a walk in the countryside, for a glass of wine next to the river, and icecream on the beach....

You can do it girl! :wink:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sending you lots of positive energy! Heads held high! And a huge hug:kiss:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Keep us informed!

amygdala

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Honeydew.

At the risk of giving you false hope, Honeydew, I just want to share with you that my mother had a mammogram and ultrasound a couple of months ago, both of which were suspicious for malignancy. Once she had her biopsy, however, they found that the mass was benign. So, there's always hope that it's nothing and even if it's malignant, you detected it early and, thus, have a very good chance of beating it completely. Don't worry about it until there's something definitive to worry about!

"Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe!"

honeydew

Experimental Member
Media
GREAT NEWS!!!!!! Once they got in there to check on the spot it was a second cyst that was developing beside the one already there. So no cancer!!!!
I cannot thank all of you enough for the kind words and cyber hugs sent my way. This is why I stay on this forum is the great people who are here. thanks once again!!

Honey(I am so relieved)dew

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GREAT NEWS!!!!!! Once they got in there to check on the spot it was a second cyst that was developing beside the one already there. So no cancer!!!!
I cannot thank all of you enough for the kind words and cyber hugs sent my way. This is why I stay on this forum is the great people who are here. thanks once again!!

Honey(I am so relieved)dew

hooray for cysts!

:confused:

:biggrin1: