Not just a punctuation mark...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by LongPhatDong, Mar 23, 2006.

1. LongPhatDong

LongPhatDong Member

Okay, this is just an opinion-based question for women (but of course men are welcome to give feedback). And if this subject offends or grosses anyone out, I apologize beforehand.

Here's the situation: You know your time of the month is just around the corner, but its far enough away that you're not worried about it. You decide to get initimate with your husband/boyfriend. You get to business and - SURPRISE! Your period comes early. It gets on your partner's most intimate of places. He is trying his best to not overreact, but you can tell that he is a little grossed out. He apologizes that he can't continue, then calmly leaves the room and hops in the shower.

Are you...
    A.) Offended. He is your husband/boyfriend; he shouldn't be grossed out!
    B.) Understanding. Yeah, if I were a guy, I wouldn't want that stuff doused on my man junk, either.
    C.) Indifferent. Eh, he's can feel what he wants. Whatever.
    D.) Other. Please elaborate.

Also, would your answer change if it was just a fling/sex-buddy, rather than a serious relationship partner? Why or why not?

If you have any other stories/examples/anecdotes of any relation, feel free to divulge.

I'm kinda curious if I'm a jerk because of my reaction. I'm not seeking self-validation; moreso, just perspective from the fairer sex. I never claim that I'm an expert on women, but I'm always willing to learn.

And a big pre-emptive "Thank You!" to all with valid (or funny) responses. :biggrin1:

~LPD

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Now, why would a guy do that, LPD?

Some of the best lovemaking my ex and I had was during her period.

3. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I'm a mix between A and B. Currently I'm taking a new birth control pill that once my body gets used to it, I should only have 4 periods a year. But in the mean time, some spotting keeps cropping up. We have a problem with it every now and then.

I expect my husband to put up with a little blood (not a lot, mind you) if he wants it bad enough. But sometimes more than blood is shed and that I can understand as being completely disgusting.

4. LongPhatDong

LongPhatDong Member

@ Pecker: Maybe I'm just a young'n, but this was the first time this has happened to me. I'm not exactly a virgin, and have experienced "low-flows" prior to this experience without any problems. However, this was my first time on the receiving end of a "heavy flow," and just wasn't sure what to think, I guess.

@ TAG: Thanks for the feedback. I certainly understand your way of thinking, but I suppose I just wasn't sure how to react at the time. Oh, and yeah, some thick stuff came out along with (as stated above) a pretty "heavy flow." It was my girlfriend who began this particular love-making session, and I must say that it caught me off gaurd when it (the crimson ambush) happened. She's forgiven me now, but at the time she was downright miffed at me and gave me the cold shoulder the rest of that day.

5. PussyWellington

Albums:
    D) Other:

It would be strike one.

If you are not able to handle a monthly "situation" like this, then we are not going to progress far. How would you react in a more serious situation? Or in a care-giving situation.

On another note, I can get quite turned on when I have my period and would not want to be with someone that was afraid of a little mess. I don't expect oral sex though. :biggrin1:

6. LongPhatDong

LongPhatDong Member

@ Dirtyde: Okay, I can handle a "strike one." I will be sure and put up a genuine effort to better maintain my composure should the situation arise again. Thanks for the input!

Oh, and as for as a more serious situation or care-giving situation, I'm confident that I would not have a problem. I've both baby-sat and taken care of the elderly. (Diapers from both ends of the spectrum; absolutely no mockery intended.) But in my defense (when comparing the original subject and latter subjects) I did not have to use my penis in the care-giving situations. ...And (before anyone makes any accusations) nor did I.

7. Gisella

Gold Member

This situation never happened to me...:wink:

I'm very regular and used to avoid having sex during periods...until i find a man who really loves sex with me doen't matter what :cool: ...he changed MY feelings and mind forever about sex during period !

But as a woman its important that a guy really wants u because we know when he is not "confortable" and it will be a turn off. Than i just ask blant stuff like that if he minds or not ...if he is ok he gets more "points" with me. Do not want to find when i'm really horny during my period that i cant count on him. Want to know in advance.

8. bobbaxkan

bobbaxkan New Member

From my point of view, its a bodily fluid, a woman tends not to mind when you cum in her mouth?? So if you really go eeeewww at clean, heathy blood on you cock, that you can shower off afterwards...

Pah! your not worth it now are you... its just hipacritical!!!

9. wonderland

wonderland Member

I would have been a bit miffed by your reaction. But since it was the first time it happened to you I can understand why you would be a bit put off by it. You were probably a bit shocked because you said it was heavy flow. I would expect you to get over it though. I get my period for a whole week. If I was in a long term relaionship with a guy I would be a bit upset if he refused to have sex with me because of that.

10. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I have had sex with a woman during her period, and I quit. I suppose I need to shift my orientation to 90% gay now.

11. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

My period is usually right on time,every time,but once it came a little early,it didn't come while we were having intercourse though,it happened during foreplay:redface: He was fingering me when all of a sudden a somewhat heavy flow began,when he pulled his finger out it was covered in blood,he wasn't grossed out by it,just surprised:redface: We stopped,I went into the bathroom,he cleaned up a little,I stuck in a tampon and we continued along like nothing had happened:rolleyes: I was curious,can hormonal release during sex or foreplay cause a woman's period to arrive a day early? This seems like a common issue:confused:

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

True, it is a bodily fluid, but it is not "clean, healthy blood." Menstrual "blood" is actually the uterine lining dissolving and sloughing. The lining of the uterus grows and thickens during the first couple of weeks of the cycle, providing a place for a fertilized egg, if any, to implant. Maximum thickness of the lining lasts about a week; if no fertilized egg implants, the hormonal cycle will begin to break the lining down and liquefy, so that it can be expelled through the cervix... that process also lasts about a week. Then it all begins again.

Just as some women love cum and some women hate it and some are indifferent, men will have the same reactions to menstrual flow - some like it, some don't. From my (male) point of view, a woman should not be embarrassed if she has flow at an unexpected intimate moment, nor should she be angry if a guy is a little grossed out. Hey, it happens.

TAG - from a purely clinical and inquisitive point of view, I would be interested to know how the "three months on, one week off" hormone regimen works for you after you get accustomed to it. May I PM you with a few questions?

13. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

I think everyone has their likes and dislikes,there is nothing wrong or offensive if a guy is grossed out by menstrual blood,it's a normal reaction,a few of my female friends can't stand the taste of cum,or even the smell of it:confused: I LOVE cum:tongue: Anyway,my fiance is neutral when it comes to the whole issue,he isn't disgusted by it and he isn't particularily turned on by it,which is good:smile:

14. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

i have found that most girls when looking for a one night stand will not go out looking if they have the flow. if they do go out and find someone they wont have sex that night (unless really horny*) but will find a guy for next week.

*if the girl is super horny and needs to get fucked tonight then she will say that she is on the flow. this mostly happens the 3 days b4 the flow starts and 1-2 days after the start. on the 3 day PMS sets in and she will turn into a super nasty evil bitch :p

15. mushroomcap

mushroomcap Active Member

Albums:
    We frequently have sex during my wife's period. It's not my favorite thing to do but that's not because i find it repulsive or anything like that. To me, all the extra moisture lessens the sensation and makes it more difficult for me to cum. However, she says that she's much more sensitive during her period and that her orgasms are more intense.

16. wsu

wsu New Member

My gf is very grossed out by it. When she gets her cycle sooner than expected I actually don't mind, but she is very freaked out. She is so grossed out by sex durring menstration that she doesn't find it enjoyable and I end up cuasing pain to her, so then I no longer find it enjoyable either. She is very self concious about her mestral blood, but its not that big of a deal.

Losing sex for one week a month shouldn't be that big of a deal if you truely love someone, love isn't about sex it's about connections. Besides you can still do clitoral stimulation for your special lady and she can give you a blow job if you don't like menstral blood. Breaking up with someone becuase they don't want to have sex durring menstration is stupid.

17. LongPhatDong

LongPhatDong Member

Wow, I thought this thread had already died.
    Anyways, thanks for all of your input! You gus rock!

@ bobbaxkan: I think that I'm worth it. And who said I come in all girls' mouths? Personally, I don't really care where my come goes. I am more than happy to oblige any girl at aiming my load at her desired target. If she wants it inside her, in her mouth, on her, or just in the condom, then so be it. When it comes to sex, it's not just my pleasure that matters, but ours. So I really don't feel that I was being hypocritical. And I didn't say "eeeew;" I was just surprised, that's all.

@ wonderland: Yeah, she was miffed as well at the time. But I apologized and it hasn't been a problem since.

Again, thanks for all of the input, guys. It's always nice to know that I can get get some supportive info when I run across these "gray area" issues.

~Cheers :biggrin1:

18. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Personally i dont have sex when i have my period, and i dont start it that suddenly that it would even be noticed.

However if it did start during sex i would probably be somewhat annoyed if he
    found it a turn off and had to stop. I mean if i allow him to cum in my mouth then surely he can stand a little blood on his cock, right?

Men arent turned off by blood when they first have sex with a virgin, most guy actually like it so why would menstruation blood be any diferent?

19. pichulon

pichulon New Member

In my case, I would have no problem with her bleeding on me. In fact, my frist ever GF loved to have sex while on periods. She trained me well, because now, it is a turn on, I love to have sex while a girl has a period. Off course, if she likes it, I will be all over.

To the question, I would not be feeling anything wrong, if she were to feel embarrased, I would reassure her, inmediately, there is nothing wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted