Not many down-the-leg bulges today

oldredneck

Experimental Member
Media
There are very few men who show a bulge down the leg these days. Times have certainly changed. When I was a kid in the 1950s and 60s, it was common for men to be sporting bulges down one leg or the other. The bulges were the result of so many men wearing boxer shorts. No one seemed to get upset over the bulges; that's just the way men dressed.

Back then, young boys wore briefs, but men needed more room and wore boxer shorts. In my teens, I switched from briefs to boxers. The bulge down my leg bothered me at first, but I got used to it.

BlastOff123

Experimental Member
Media
It was also how men wore pants back then that showed more bulge. The inseam was almost literally worn at the crotch. Watch older movies from the 40s and 50s to see what I mean. The belt was worn at the waist, not the hips as is so often the style now. Of course with so many men so damn fat these days they can't wear tight pants.
Then there was the effect of desexualizing men: basketball players used to wear exciting shorts to play in -- bulges galore! The new baggy ones hide it all. In the 50s and 60s we wore Levi 501s much tighter than boys today: the baggy look is in. Oldredneck and I sure grew up through interesting times in men's clothing.

gymbrat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My theory about the baggy style of today, sad as it may be: More and more young kids were simply (allowed to be) fat, and they had to "hide" it - with baggy pants, shirts down to their knees, and shorts below the knees (yikes!). After a while there were more fat than trim kids, and as kids go, they all want to look like each other (= like the fat majority) and everybody, fat or not, started wearing these awful, baggy clothes. And when the kids grew up they kept their style, so that is why men under middle age like to hide their bodies in these outfits, while the older ones stick with the better looking clothes (if they can find any in the stores, which are mainly catering to the young crowd). So, it is not a modesty issue, it is a nutrition issue!

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by gymbrat@Sep 5 2005, 12:22 AM
My theory about the baggy style of today, sad as it may be: More and more young kids were simply (allowed to be) fat, and they had to "hide" it - with baggy pants, shirts down to their knees, and shorts below the knees (yikes!). After a while there were more fat than trim kids, and as kids go, they all want to look like each other (= like the fat majority) and everybody, fat or not, started wearing these awful, baggy clothes. And when the kids grew up they kept their style, so that is why men under middle age like to hide their bodies in these outfits, while the older ones stick with the better looking clothes (if they can find any in the stores, which are mainly catering to the young crowd). So, it is not a modesty issue, it is a nutrition issue!
[post=340754]Quoted post[/post]​

it's actually an extension of prison culture.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There has alwasy been a contingency of youth who did not like the tight Wrangler's/Levi's style. I was a teen when the baggy craze last hit between 1989-1991. I remember religiously wearing Gap Easy Fit jeans until they developed (and later improved upon their Baggy Fit Style). Initially, the baggy fit jeans were just that--baggy--I swam in them. Now, they are simply jeans that have enough room for my ass, thighs and package. I have never found tight jeans to be particularly comfortable. If you check out my profile pics on BMB--you will see that "baggy fit" does not have to mean hanging off your ass (unless you unbutton them and pull them down for a photo as I did). As long as you purchase your true waist size-they fit and show just fine.

I much rather admire a man's ass in jeans and bulge in slacks, cotton shorts. But that's just me.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Styles come and styles go, it just happens that mens fashions take a longer time to run the course.

Eventually the pendulum will swing back to styles that show bulges and, I dare say, even basketball uniforms' hems may rise (gawd I hope so.)

Spork

1st Like
Media
BlastOff has nailed it. Back then, the waist of your pants was worn way up, almost at the navel. This meant that your entire package went down one leg or the other.

Now, people wear their pants much lower, on the hips -- but the rise (the distance between the waistband and where the legs start) of men's pants has remained the same. This means that there is a lot more vertical room in there, and you're not going to need to hang down one leg or the other unless you're truly gigantic.

Only recently have we started seeing low-rise pants, which allow people to wear pants on the hips, but still have the crotch come up to where it used to. And I've only seen this in jeans, never in anything more formal.

I tried a pair of very low-rise jeans on at the Gap. Good God, that was blatant. "Hello, I&#39;m <Spork>, and this is my penis. We&#39;re pleased to meet you."

jerkingkid

Just Browsing
Media
I definately agree that we are worse off with the current baggy trend in clothes. However, there is hope...now flat front pants are becoming more stylish and a nice cock is so much easier to see without all those pleats in the way. And don&#39;t forget about those nylon basketball/sport shorts that all the kids wear today. Damn have you noticed how "showy" those are? With boxers you actually see some swinging and with briefs there is definate perkiness that can&#39;t be ignored. All is not lost...

B_JohnTheHorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find letting myself hang down the leg is stimulating. It&#39;s the rubbing against the fabric and just hanging in general i think. That can be dangerous if you are very hung.

2big

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by JohnTheHorse@Sep 12 2005, 05:55 PM
I find letting myself hang down the leg is stimulating. It&#39;s the rubbing against the fabric and just hanging in general i think. That can be dangerous if you are very hung.
[post=342570]Quoted post[/post]​

thank god that (although it wasn&#39;t that long ago) when i went through high school the shorts were shorter and required briefs for me. if i were going through high school now and decided to wear some sort of basketball shorts or longer nylon shorts without some support (like boxers), i can&#39;t imagine what sort of reaction i would have gotten. even in my home i rarely wear anything with minimal support. i grew up feeling a need to support my large cock, and always wore briefs, or (because it was the late 80&#39;s when i was in junior high) started wearing spandex shorts for support. i always bought them a size smaller so i could hold everything very tightly in place. some select times some people thought it was fun to make me wear shorts without support for the humiliation factor, but for me, hanging down the leg is not an option. WAY too obvious.

dimwit

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by JohnTheHorse@Sep 12 2005, 12:55 PM
[post=342570]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont have any problems with this when I am wearing jeans, my dick is always down the leg, but when I go jogging I where my workout spandex hot short and when you are putting them on I do not realize my dick is hanging down the leg. When I am jogging the friction gives me a semi hard dick which starts eventually strts poking out the bottom of the shorts. This tends to be a problem when jogging through a developement with small children.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
FYI; I do sport a noticable bulge down the right side - not to show off, but because I can&#39;t stand wearing underwear&#33;
I mean, really? What&#39;s the point?&#33; I&#39;m 28&#33; I don&#39;t need a nappy&#33;

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Originally posted by helio415@Sep 14 2005, 01:49 PM
basketball shorts are evil. for some reason i just dont show much of a bulge in them. i think you need balls that dont hang. usialy my balls hang and you cant see anything in those shorts.
[post=343231]Quoted post[/post]​

try running (or even a brisk walk) .......... you&#39;ll show plenty

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And don't forget about those nylon basketball/sport shorts that all the kids wear today. Damn have you noticed how "showy" those are? With boxers you actually see some swinging.
It's not just the kids - almost every guy in the gym wears them as well as half the guys running on the beach. I have at least 30 pair and live in mesh basketball/gym shorts when I'm not at work. Lightweight boxers with mesh shorts is the ticket. Forget the tight underwear - especially now that summer is here. It feels great to be loose and cool in mesh shorts. I think that it's way sexy when the outline of a guy's hanging dick is clearly visible, and mesh shorts do a great job of showing everything - not for the shy guy. Champion is my favorite brand.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
Whenever I think of the 'old style' wearing of pants, I think of
JOHN GOTTI of all people. I used to have a couple of short vids
of him walking up the street, and you could see something
enormous down his leg every time he took a step. Whether it
was all balls or dick, I don't know!

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great statement...I am not a "down the bulge shower myself. I like mine to go to the right side and lay there like a good boy. I wear low rise myself. (FYI)
I too hate the bigger, baggier pants. Don't you guys just hate seeing a guy wearing a pair of pant that are so huge on them that they have to hold them up or they will fall off. You see that all the time where I live. Sure hope they don't need to run, they would surly fall down.
:cool:

bigjohnnyuk

Cherished Member
Media
I just got a nice tight pair of Levi 511s (I'm pretty skinny so can pull off the current trend (in the UK, anyway!) for slim-fit jeans) but found they really don't have enough room in front – damn uncomfortable, I can tell you! Anyway, after trying them with various types of underwear, I decided to give going commando a shot. Brilliant! The jeans are tight enough to give some support anyway, and I've now taken to wearing them with my cock going down one leg. It's a great feeling when you're walking. I'm so hooked that I've now taken to wearing a snap-fastening leather cockring all day – it lifts things forward nicely, and gives the most amazing outline, with my balls pressing out at the top of my left leg and my cock hanging a good six inches plus down my right leg. Really loving showing off out and about, though yet to get any comments (maybe a good thing – probably just get embarrassed then!). Does anyone know anywhere in London that's a good place to show off a nice bulge? I'm straight but happy to be admired by anyone!