Not religious, yet spiritual?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_bi_mmf, Feb 25, 2012.

1. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

I hear a lot of people say that they are not religious but that they are spiritual. Some who say this seem to really mean that they are religious but just do not buy into organized religion. But others seem to draw a fundamental distinction between religion and spirituality. I don't quite understand it.

Can some of you who consider yourself to be spiritual but not religious clarify this issue?

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I'm basically the first definition you gave. I believe in a God but I don't agree with any organized religion that I've ever heard of. When using the word "religion" most people think of Church and whatnot though, which is why I describe myself as being spiritual instead.

3. Randll86

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I look at it like this, Religion is outward and communal about a group, symbols, common beliefs ect.

Spirituality is personal, immaterial about ones relationship with nature and the outside world.

That my take anyway, for what its worth...

4. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Spirituality for me is connection. All things contain the same basic elements, just, placed, created, made, however put together in different ways. Religion for me is man made, and in many more ways than not, divisive of that connection.

Draft saved Draft deleted