Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That’s interesting, especially as it applies here. Why the threats and sputterings occur so often with women here. They want us to stop. Stop behaving independently, stop saying ‘no’, stop acting like the women I can’t control on the street.

Feminist is such a triggering word, it seems, for some men. In fact, one suggestion to our new owner was to substitute the current female mods with sex workers, who would be, in his words, more “sex positive”. He descibes the ladies here as “feminists”, as if that would explain everything that was wrong with the current female membership. (Apparently, “feminist” is shorthand for evil man-hating, castrating bitch.)

Well, this feminist loves men. I raised two of them and I did that with love. Their partners think I did a pretty good job of it, too. Course, the guys are feminists, too. I’m also very sex positive. I love me some good sex.

So I’m not going to stop. I’m not going to stop raising up men, women, and whoever else needs a lift. No threats are going to shut me down.

And it’s interesting that whether you’re a journalist, a politician, or member of LPSG, if you’re a woman, we all face the same garbage.

Thanks @Tight_N_Juicy for posting.

Feminist is such a triggering word, it seems, for some men. In fact, one suggestion to our new owner was to substitute the current female mods with sex workers, who would be, in his words, more “sex positive”. He descibes the ladies here as “feminists”, as if that would explain everything that was wrong with the current female membership. (Apparently, “feminist” is shorthand for evil man-hating, castrating bitch.)
I think you hit the nail on the head with Feminist being a triggering word... I'll admit that its triggering TO ME because of how many people relate it to your shorthand. I prefer to use humanist or equalist to diffuse situations or clarify that I don't want preferential treatment/privilege... and "don't be a dick to others" isn't acceptable in my workplace.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think you hit the nail on the head with Feminist being a triggering word... I'll admit that its triggering TO ME because of how many people relate it to your shorthand. I prefer to use humanist or equalist to diffuse situations or clarify that I don't want preferential treatment/privilege... and "don't be a dick to others" isn't acceptable in my workplace.
And that’s exactly why I call myself a feminist. No one gets to take that title away from me. Women worked hard to be feminists, to work towards equity. Even those evil radical “feminists” aren’t going to rob me of the right to call myself a feminist.

No good feminist is looking for preferential treatment. Only equity. But any woman working today, having the freedom to live on her own, gain an education, have any sort of reproductive choice, rides on the shoulders of the feminists who came before us. That’s why no one will take that name away from me. It’s mine. But if you’re uncomfortable with it, it’s okay. I get it.

I 100% understand what you're saying and agree... I tend to go the humanist route to clarify that I also support equality on LGBT, racial, socioeconomic, etc etc issues AND to head off the man-hater responses because I cannot control my eyerolling. at all.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I 100% understand what you're saying and agree... I tend to go the humanist route to clarify that I also support equality on LGBT, racial, socioeconomic, etc etc issues AND to head off the man-hater responses because I cannot control my eyerolling. at all.
Feminists raise everyone up.

Btw, have you ever rolled your eyes so hard you actually saw the back of your skull. I swear, that’s happened more than once. It actually hurt. :eek:

Feminists raise everyone up.
yes. WE know this is the result, but at first blush, it comes across as self-serving because of the semantics.

And, giiiiiirl.... yes. I had a boss ask me if I sprained my eyeball once. and I liked him. you can imagine what I looked like talking to my wasband toward the end

Reactions: LaFemme

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In fact, one suggestion to our new owner was to substitute the current female mods with sex workers, who would be, in his words, more “sex positive”.

I don't know whether to be enraged or heartbroken or both. I missed that post wherever it was, but I'm really sorry someone wrote it :(

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know whether to be enraged or heartbroken or both. I missed that post wherever it was, but I'm really sorry someone wrote it :(
Oh it’s in meet the new owner. Yeah. @Mister B came to our defence though.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
In fact, one suggestion to our new owner was to substitute the current female mods with sex workers, who would be, in his words, more “sex positive”.

While I am older and wiser than I once was, there's still an idealistic part of me that sees things like that and says, "Oh, that's just some dumbass being a troll for the attention. Nobody really thinks that way."

The problem is, there are plenty that think that way. I'm just thankful that there are genuinely good people in the world to balance out the vast number of thoughtless, ignorant, insecure assholes.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

And that’s exactly why I call myself a feminist. No one gets to take that title away from me. Women worked hard to be feminists, to work towards equity. Even those evil radical “feminists” aren’t going to rob me of the right to call myself a feminist.

No good feminist is looking for preferential treatment. Only equity. But any woman working today, having the freedom to live on her own, gain an education, have any sort of reproductive choice, rides on the shoulders of the feminists who came before us. That’s why no one will take that name away from me. It’s mine. But if you’re uncomfortable with it, it’s okay. I get it.

I have 3 sisters. My eldest is 67......she is a school teacher, zumba teacher.. women only... has those half her age dry reaching half way through her lessons:) She suffers with her knees, but she be damned if some young woman is going to get the better. She'd kill me if she heard me saying that :) :)

The second eldest is self employed in her nail/beauty biz.

My youngest sister has her produce store lifting bags of feed, spuds, and giving old blokes crap cause they can't and advice on how to care for your horses.:) :)

I reckon we came from pretty good stock...........we all had the potential to become lawyers, doctors, or god forbid...accountants :) :)

But we all chose the path we took because we were given the freedom to do so. Or we just liked blood, sweat and tears more :) :)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Kentucky passed the fetal heart beat law, SB9, banning abortion after 6 weeks. Ohio recently passed a similar bill setting cut offs at 6weeks. Utah and Arkansas set the line at 18 weeks.