Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Kentucky passed the fetal heart beat law, SB9, banning abortion after 6 weeks. Ohio recently passed a similar bill setting cut offs at 6weeks. Utah and Arkansas set the line at 18 weeks.
WTF I hate everything about this
Wtf, is wrong with people?! A person doesn’t even know she’s pregnant at 6 weeks!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wtf, is wrong with people?! A person doesn’t even know she’s pregnant at 6 weeks!

Emboldened by the new Trump Scotus and an almost guaranteed decision in the Evangelical favor Roe V Wade is being dismantled at the state level.

I hate Anti-Choice fuck wits.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Read a critique last month from 1835 on de Tocqueville's famous book on how the American version of democracy will inevitably end out in tyranny by the religious majority. Even 200 years ago it was evident that the US was likely to fail.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Kentucky passed the fetal heart beat law, SB9, banning abortion after 6 weeks. Ohio recently passed a similar bill setting cut offs at 6weeks. Utah and Arkansas set the line at 18 weeks.
Wtf....this just about bans abortion.....my opinion......this end around run of constitutional law is total bullshit

Reactions: Enid and lms28

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media

The more I till this around in my head the more rediculas this is....even under ideal circumstances.....like one where a woman takes a pregnacy test after every late period

I don't know most ladies bathroom habits but I would assume this doesn't happen due to iregularity

But lest assume their is the case....who decides gestational age.....

2 main way gestational age is determined....

Date of last menstral periods......that how it's dated from the last menstrual period......so according to LMP method......by the time you skip a period....your already 4 weeks gestation

Now the other method......ultrasound.....well here's the kicker her....the earliest ultrasound can estimate gestation in about week five or six.......and not real accurately till about week 10 through 18

Now add in the wait for a doctor's appointment.....

Also don't be suprised if abortion clinics in these states go out of business.....it's hard to keep your doors open and stay financially solvent when your customer base is so radically cut.... And there are way less stressful ways for doctor to make a living than that.....trust I know personally.....I was a friend of DR George tiller(google search him if you don't know him...a great and brave man who should not be forgotten)

Well these states just banned abortions

Who needs a supreme court's when you can just circumvent it like this

Reactions: Enid and LaFemme

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

In most cases, they have NO CLUE.

And this is when I say FUCK YOU to all the assholes who claim women in the US have nothing to complain about because we have everything we want and we're spoiled, stuck up bitches. This isn't a matter of *want*.

There's still very much a fight against our rights. And I'm not backing down for SHIT.

I have a friend who advocates for free menstrual products EVERYWHERE, like TP.... and it always makes me roll my eyes. On one hand, I 100% agree that it's a necessity, I have ZERO interest in using the "awarded to the lowest bidder" products that would be available under this program. I don't buy scratchy/stick your finger through it TP, and I'm not going to wear a diaper-thick pad or ineffective tampon made with gawd-knows-what materials. Female soldiers have had lots of health concerns about using military-provided cheap-ass products with lawd-knows what kind of chemicals and such, and I think that's the tip of the iceberg.

I think it's REEEEE-DICK-U-LUS that men think these aren't a necessity. Give them one period with moderate cramps and flow. Not even a period from hell... just a middle of the road one... and all this shit would be free from the pink-tax.

And I cracked up at "duderus". Brilliant!!!!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have a friend who advocates for free menstrual products EVERYWHERE, like TP.... and it always makes me roll my eyes. On one hand, I 100% agree that it's a necessity, I have ZERO interest in using the "awarded to the lowest bidder" products that would be available under this program. I don't buy scratchy/stick your finger through it TP, and I'm not going to wear a diaper-thick pad or ineffective tampon made with gawd-knows-what materials. Female soldiers have had lots of health concerns about using military-provided cheap-ass products with lawd-knows what kind of chemicals and such, and I think that's the tip of the iceberg.

I think it's REEEEE-DICK-U-LUS that men think these aren't a necessity. Give them one period with moderate cramps and flow. Not even a period from hell... just a middle of the road one... and all this shit would be free from the pink-tax.

And men try period cramps. Highly recommend men try getting the pain of cramps and tell us this stuff isn’t necessary.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Free menstrual products would be a good send to the poor and homeless. It would be a panty savior for menstruating people with an irregular "fuck you and the crotch of your pants" cycle.

Poor quality is better than no quality or a complete absence of. As there are people with almost zero access to proper hygiene tools.

I don't even want to get into how hard menstrual products and their availability are to transmen :(

When menstrual products go on sale I shop like a dooms day prepper to donate to the local shelters and women's centers.

Free menstrual products would be a good send to the poor and homeless.
Oh, I 100% agree!!!! But i'm commenting on the wide variety of products available and the personal preferences associated with these... and the difference in cost between basic and extra.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Free menstrual products would be a good send to the poor and homeless. It would be a panty savior for menstruating people with an irregular "fuck you and the crotch of your pants" cycle.

Poor quality is better than no quality or a complete absence of. As there are people with almost zero access to proper hygiene tools.

I don't even want to get into how hard menstrual products and their availability are to transmen :(

When menstrual products go on sale I shop like a dooms day prepper to donate to the local shelters and women's centers.

I love you so...

Reactions: lms28 and Enid

johnnyunitas

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This year's Best Documentary Short Subject was a film about women in India creating their own affordable, biodegradable pads in a country with even more troubling taboos about menstruation than the U.S. It was great- I recommend it!

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
For real, the food bank on our campus has a white board on their door with most needed items and feminine hygiene products are always on the list. Whenever I buy my OB tampons (tried menstrual cups, never got it to work properly :( ) I get extra and donate. I hate to think of a lady probably working a job AND going to community college struggling to make ends meet not being able to afford freaking tampons/pads. It's just another kick in the gut to someone who probably can barely afford to feed themselves decently working a minimum wage job while going to school to try and better themselves & their situation.

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The thing about the menstrual cups is that they need to be THOROUGHLY cleaned and sanitized. Homeless and poverty stricken individuals probably don't have regular access to the necessary means of keeping them as clean as they need to be.

I don't suggest donating those things.

Reactions: Enid and MickeyLee

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The thing about the menstrual cups is that they need to be THOROUGHLY cleaned and sanitized. Homeless and poverty stricken individuals probably don't have regular access to the necessary means of keeping them as clean as they need to be.

Baby wipes or personal cleansing clothes are always welcome at outreach centers and shelters. You can't clean a cup, but ya can clean yaself up.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Oh yes I would not donate cups. I tried them myself because I wanted to be as environmentally conscious as possible. But I never did find the right fit, or learn how to use them properly. I always seemed to have an issue with getting it out. At least OBs are packaged less frivolously than others. And I think that they are a good donation item.

My campus is having a food drive next week, thanks to @MickeyLee for reminding that wipes are always needed too! I didn't really think about that part. Of course our bank is geared to low income students, usually not homeless individuals who perhaps are a little bit more in need of wipes. But it can't hurt to hit up Costco and grab some stuff. I usually like Aldi for boxes of canned goods mostly because there's one right across from the school.

Last edited: